Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Today I have a 7.5 mile run that includes speedwork and my Garmin is at 21% battery. I won't be running for another 5-6 hours, so I know there is no way this battery is going to last. Why am I such a failure when it comes to keeping this thing charged? I guess I'll run my warm up with no watch, pray that it lasts for my 3x1.5 mile repeats and 4x200m repeats and use it for as long as possible on my cool down.

giphy.gif

Today I have a 7.5 mile run that includes speedwork and my Garmin is at 21% battery. I won't be running for another 5-6 hours, so I know there is no way this battery is going to last. Why am I such a failure when it comes to keeping this thing charged? I guess I'll run my warm up with no watch, pray that it lasts for my 3x1.5 mile repeats and 4x200m repeats and use it for as long as possible on my cool down.

giphy.gif

Could you turn it off right now and save the battery for later?

giphy.gif

If you turn off the bluetooth, it'll last a little longer. I usually only turn the bluetooth on when I'm running or somewhere where my phone is not right in front of my face and I still want to get my notifications.

Also ... you need to start keeping a charger at work :)

If you turn off the bluetooth, it'll last a little longer. I usually only turn the bluetooth on when I'm running or somewhere where my phone is not right in front of my face and I still want to get my notifications.

Also ... you need to start keeping a charger at work :)

I already do that, sigh. I need to keep the dang charger in my purse!

Fall, are you out there??
giphy.gif

This is an accurate representation of how I feel at the end of every run, even easy runs. Drenched in sweat and wanting to just throw in the towel, but that won't get me a PR! Even though the weather has been less than ideal, I have not missed any runs so far! With my watch charging problems, I've had some issues with being 100% sure what my pace was during runs, but I've gotten all the miles in. I was having some issues with my left hip last week, but after proper stretching and recovery it is feeling completely normal now. There's no time for injury right now!
tumblr_mlm409sY741qbcs46o1_500.gif

So what happened last week?

9/13: 2 mile warm up, 5 miles @ Tempo, 1 mile cool down.
Tempo splits were: 8:24, 8:47, 8:58, 8:59 and 9:02. This run was a disaster. LOL. My watch was only at 19% when I started, so I decided to do my warm up without it and use it for my tempo miles...unfortunately it only lasted through 4.5 of the tempo miles so I had to finish those and the cool down without it. One day I will get my life together when it comes to charging this watch.

9/14: 4 treadmill miles @ 10:00 pace.

9/15: 7 miles @ 9:45 pace.

9/16: 11 miles @ 9:16 pace. This was a blind run and I DID NOT PEEK at my watch the entire time! Mile splits were: 9:19. 9:10, 9:25. 9:18, 9:16, 9:16, 9:16, 9:18, 9:17, 9:14 and 9:09. I could not believe I had stayed so consistent without looking at my watch. I felt good and relaxed the entire time too, maybe all this training is paying off??

9/17: 4 miles @ 10:47 pace. With all the heat and humidity, this easy run felt like a little piece of Heaven.

9/18: Another day of watch issues, I'm not sure why my watch dies so much when I don't have notifications or anything going to it and it's pretty much brand new. I had 21% battery at lunchtime, so I took @DopeyBadger's advice and turned it off in hopes it would have enough battery left to finish my run. Since it was off, I decided to leave it at my desk while I went to Body Pump and guess what? I never remembered to get it out of my desk drawer. :sad: I did run my 7.5 miles, but I have no idea what my paces were and if I was anywhere close to my goal. I've got to get better about this!

9/19: Rest day!

Upcoming Training Schedule:
Th: 2 mile warm up + 5 miles @ Tempo (8:26) + 1 mile cool down (And my watch is charged at 99% currently!!!)
F: 4 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa: 7 miles @ EB (9:31) + Strides
Su: 7 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M: 4 miles @ EA
Tu: 1 mile warm up + 2 miles @ T (7:54) w/2 minute rest + 4x200m @ R (6:50) W/200m recovery + 2 miles @ T + 1 mile cool down
W: Rest day!

Here's some Barkley for your enjoyment! LOL.
beach 5.jpg

Holy smokes on that blind run!

I was having battery drain issues with my 645. Mister Google said that sometimes some process gets stuck runnning in the background after an update. I restart my watch after updates now and my battery life is better.

You kicked butt on that blind run! Amazing!! And what is it with this heat and humidity? Blech!!

Barkley is so big now!!

Amazing blind run and so much for turning off the watch...

Thank you!! The watch was still charged when I got back to my desk and turned it on the next day, LOL. So that idea does work!

Holy smokes on that blind run!

I was having battery drain issues with my 645. Mister Google said that sometimes some process gets stuck runnning in the background after an update. I restart my watch after updates now and my battery life is better.

Thanks so much! I will try that. It lasts about 5 days depending on the amount of time I am using it on my runs.

You kicked butt on that blind run! Amazing!! And what is it with this heat and humidity? Blech!!

Barkley is so big now!!

Thanks! Gosh, it is just miserable. I love summer, but a little breeze every now and then would be great.

I know! It makes me sad he is growing up!

First of all... great blind run!
Secondly... Girl. You are amazing to run in that heat and humidity. WHERE IS FALL??? (well it's finally here at home but just not where you are!)

First of all... great blind run!
Secondly... Girl. You are amazing to run in that heat and humidity. WHERE IS FALL??? (well it's finally here at home but just not where you are!)

Thank you!
Whew, I'm gonna be a puddle by the time December gets here. Supposedly it is going to cool down next week, meaning highs in the 80s instead of 90s and lows in the 60s instead of the 70s. :rotfl2:
Hope y'all had a great time!

Do you run with your phone? I have some GPS tracking apps that I use on my phone when the Garmin isn't an option (not so much with this one, but the old one had issues finding a signal if there were more than 2 clouds in the sky, so I used my phone sometimes). That way you can have stats on the run even when you forget the Garmin. Just a thought. (Of course, if you run without a phone, this doesn't help)

Do you run with your phone? I have some GPS tracking apps that I use on my phone when the Garmin isn't an option (not so much with this one, but the old one had issues finding a signal if there were more than 2 clouds in the sky, so I used my phone sometimes). That way you can have stats on the run even when you forget the Garmin. Just a thought. (Of course, if you run without a phone, this doesn't help)

I do, and I have Strava downloaded but I've never used it for GPS. That's a good idea! I am going to do better about charging this watch though. I need to be a responsible grown up, LOL.

Ignore that inner voice...
giphy.gif

Actual footage of me yelling at my inner voice while doing workouts. I am the world's worst at self-doubt and not staying positive, which is something I am really trying to work on before my marathon. Most of the time my legs are nowhere near exhausted and I just give up on myself. I am committed to changing that though!

So what happened last week?

9/20: 2 mile warm up @ 10:19 and 10:39, 5 miles @ Tempo (8:55, 9:01, 8:58, 8:54, 9:00) and 1 mile cool down @ 10:25

9/21: 4 treadmill miles @ 10:13.

9/22: 6 miles @ 9:42. SO HOT. I cut this run from 7 miles to 6 and made up the other mile on Sunday because I had to start late on Saturday. My husband and I participated in the Amazing Marriage Chase (scavenger hunt) that morning so I didn't have time to run beforehand. Don't y'all love our paintings of each other?? :rotfl:
IMG_9441.jpg

9/23: 8 miles @ 9:19. Added the one mile I missed on Saturday to this run and spent the afternoon riding the boat and throwing the tennis ball for Barkley.
IMG_9488.jpg

9/24: 4 miles @ 10:47 pace. Nice and easy run. I also forgot to pause my watch when I stopped to talk to my grandmother on this run. We live .25 miles away from each other and she was headed to town when I was running."Town" is about 25 minutes from our house and I realize how Southern this makes me sound.

9/25: 1 mile warm up @ 10:27, 2 miles @ T (8:08 and 8:02), 4x200m w/200m recovery :-)54, :52, :52, :52), 2 miles @ T (8:05 and 8:25) and 1 mile cool down at 10:23.

9/26: Rest Day!

Upcoming Schedule:
Th: 1 mile WU + 6 mile progression (9:40, 9:20, 9:00, 8:40, 8:20, 8:00) + 1 mile cool down
F: 4 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa: 7 miles @ EB (9:31) and Strides
Su: 13 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M: 4 miles @ EA
Tu: 5 miles @ EB and Strides
W: Rest Day!

On another note, we leave for Disney next Thursday and I am so excited for MNSSHP and Toy Story Land!! My mom has a broken foot and is in a boot, but she's going to hobble around those parks like a champ! LOL. :crutches:

I am the world's worst at self-doubt and not staying positive,
Girl! I find this so hard to believe! You crush your runs and are always smiling! It makes me feel a tad better knowing I’m not the only one!

“Town” cracks me up! I grew up in a very small town in upstate NY and town was 30 mins away! Now living in northern VA when I need to go shopping I say I’m going into town! Lol

Love all your lake pics! I’m a lake girl too!

You may have self doubt, but know that you inspire a lot of people (me included!). I look forward to your instagram pics.

Are you dressing up for the Halloween party? You can always rent one of those scooters for your mom. There are days I wouldn’t mind one myself.

I lived in small towns all my life until we moved to FL. We lived in Boca Raton for 3 years and it was not for us. When we moved to central FL I wanted a small town feel, but still be close to “stuff”. I love where I live now. Country living yet 30 minutes from Orlando. Wish we could have been able to afford something on 5-10 acres though so I could have chickens.

Actual footage of me yelling at my inner voice while doing workouts. I am the world's worst at self-doubt and not staying positive, which is something I am really trying to work on before my marathon. Most of the time my legs are nowhere near exhausted and I just give up on myself. I am committed to changing that though!

PS - I get messages from LOTS of other runners saying they want to be like you. You inspire many more people than you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter