Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Love the Barkley picture.

Thank you! Loved the pics of your pup with the Mickey ears and marathon medal. Congrats!

BARKLEY!!!

Great time on your race and, seriously, free race?? That's great! Hope the knee is okay.

Thank you! The local run club does this free race every year and it is so awesome, they do a really good job with the running community here I just live too far away to join in on the early morning runs.

giphy.gif

This is the best representation of life and training right now, LOL. I have a current training plan, but I don't even know if that goal race is going to be possible now. It was originally going to be Snickers in Albany, GA on March 2nd, but I've been having knee issues which have led to hip issues so we will see what happens. Everything feels pretty good while I am running, but the day after running anything over 5 miles is pretty painful. I go to the doctor tomorrow so we will see what he says. Pretty sure it is an IT band issue, which I have dealt with before.

I am still running and sticking to training as well as I can, and I loved tracking everyone Sunday morning for the marathon! I wish I could have been there, but it is probably best I wasn't with these leg issues.

But now, for the most important reason I am doing this update. Yesterday, Barkley turned ONE! My fur child is not a baby anymore and it makes me so sad. Enjoy some of my favorite pictures and again HUGE congrats to everyone who ran this weekend! Y'all are rockstars!

bday1.jpg bday2.jpg bday3.jpg bday4.jpg bday5.jpg bday6.jpg bday8.jpg bday9.jpg bday7.jpg

Testing 1..2..3...Rock n' Roll New Orleans Recap!
tenor.gif

Hello friends! It's been a minute since I posted an update. I have still been running, just not following a set plan to see how my hip and knee are feeling. Good news is I think I am back to normal! Even better news is that I have a race recap from Rock n' Roll New Orleans weekend!

I did the Remix Challenge (hello extra bling!) this past weekend in New Orleans which included the 5k on Saturday and the half on Sunday. Thanks to some amazing advice from @Keels we booked at a great hotel in the Central Business District that was within walking distance to the start line both days.

We set off on the 5.5 hour drive early Friday and were at the expo by 2:00 that afternoon. I love RNR expos and events, they are so much fun and so well organized.
IMG_3726.jpg

We booked a hop on-hop off bus tour for all three days we were there, which was perfect because we never had to drive anywhere and got to see most of the city. I ran the 5k on Saturday morning in 24:42, with a 7:56 average pace. My PR is 23:04, so I was happy with this time considering I haven't done speed-work in quite a while. I also somehow managed 2nd in my age group, so I guess all the fast people were only planning to run the half/full on Sunday. It was very surreal to be running through the unusually quiet streets of NOLA, but I really enjoyed the course!

IMG_4030.JPG IMG_3752.jpg

Saturday afternoon we did some more touring of the city, to include a cemetery tour. My husband thought I was crazy for wanting to do this, but it was actually really interesting! Saturday night we ate at the Creole House and I tried fried alligator for the first time, completely forgetting that "nothing new on race day" slogan. Luckily it didn't come back to bit me!

Sunday I ran the half marathon in 2:02:33 or a 9:20 average pace. Very happy with this considering the longest I had ran since 1/6/19 was around 6 miles. This was a test to see if my legs were ready for training again, and I think they are! The course was super flat and fast and ran past some beautiful houses in the Garden District and through the French Quarter, ending in City Park which had some of the most beautiful oak trees I have ever seen! They had a shuttle running from basically our hotel to City Park, so getting to and from the finish line was super easy!
IMG_4023.jpg IMG_4024.jpg IMG_3934.JPG IMG_4028.JPG

Sunday we toured some more, including the famous Cafe du Monde for beignets, the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. This trip was a lot of fun and solidified my feelings that RNR races are probably a close second to Disney races for me. They really do a great job of putting them together and I highly recommend them! The medals are also always super cute, so that's an added plus!

IMG_4014.JPG IMG_3995.jpg IMG_3960.jpg

Congratulations, girl! You are so strong and fast and especially congrats on the 2nd place AG finish. WOW!

I love NOLA and definitely have an RnR race on my bucket list, so this one is a real possibility sometime in the future.

Way to go!!! Congrats on a great race weekend! SO glad you were feeling good AND had fun!

I would like to go to NOLA, but I think the beignets might be the main reason ;)

(Also, I can't believe I missed Barkley's Bday Post... Happy Birthday B-Dog!!!)

Looks like a great time!! I've been wanting to do more RnR races (I've done Chicago) and NOLA is definitely on my list. Congrats on the AG award!!

Congratulations, girl! You are so strong and fast and especially congrats on the 2nd place AG finish. WOW!

I love NOLA and definitely have an RnR race on my bucket list, so this one is a real possibility sometime in the future.

Thank you so much! Definitely felt better than I expected.

I highly recommend it! It was so much fun and I love the RnR races!

Way to go!!! Congrats on a great race weekend! SO glad you were feeling good AND had fun!

I would like to go to NOLA, but I think the beignets might be the main reason ;)

(Also, I can't believe I missed Barkley's Bday Post... Happy Birthday B-Dog!!!)

Thank you so much! The beignets were SO good! Worth the 30 minute wait to get. LOL.

He says thank you!! :dogdance:

Congrats on an amazing race weekend!! Wish I could have been there!

Thank you! I wish you could have too, we will just have to rely on W&D weekend now!

Congratulations! That looks like fun and it's not too far for me. I've been wanting to try a RNR race.

Thank you! They are so much fun, and they have some decent sales sometimes!

Looks like a great time!! I've been wanting to do more RnR races (I've done Chicago) and NOLA is definitely on my list. Congrats on the AG award!!

I would love to do Chicago! I would really like to do them all (or at least all the ones in the US). Thanks so much!

Congrats! Looks like a great time.

Thanks! It was so much fun!

YUP!! Not doing any other RnR races this year?

I've been eyeballing Virginia Beach and possibly Vegas, but it depends on schedules and other life events this year. We have decided to sell our house and move, so lots of potential changes in the next few months will dictate our plans.

Yay! You still got it! Looks like a fast fun weekend! Looking forward to more race recaps!!!

LOL! Thanks! There should be more coming in the future for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!