Vero and Hilton Head cancellations through 6/13?

Well Disney is going to be part of the 10am EST discussion tomorrow submitting their reopening plans. If there is no mention of DVC even after that - and if they are talking about bringing cast members online and allowing parks to open without opening DVC as well - i'll need to know the best email address to write to because then I really don't know what is standing in the way.
I am not holding my breath for a clear expected opening date for DVC today. I am betting no plan is presented or a very vague wishy washy statement will be made. JMO.

I am not holding my breath for a clear expected opening date for DVC today. I am betting no plan is presented or a very vague wishy washy statement will be made. JMO.
I tend to agree. What I’m (maybe naively) hoping is with the announcement there will be more questions able to be answered by MS.

I'm hoping for some mention of resorts - that will be the biggest indicator of what is happening for DVC.

I'm hoping for some mention of resorts - that will be the biggest indicator of what is happening for DVC.

I am too, Though on another forum here, someone mentioned that because hotels never had to shut down, they wouldnt need to include them directly in the reopening plan, as the task force has already given guidance for those.

But, if we don’t get something to indicate it in general, I will be emailing them.

At the minimum they should be giving Member Services some more information so they can better satisfy members need for information. I feel really bad for those cast members, I bet some of them get beaten up pretty good (figuratively speaking) on the phone by some members because they can't supply the needed information.

Last edited:
My reservation at HHI starts on the 14th. I wonder how thats going to work. Are they going make me get a hotel for a night?

My reservation at HHI starts on the 14th. I wonder how thats going to work. Are they going make me get a hotel for a night?
I just posted on the other thread similar to this one that we modified and dropped the 14th, so now we arrive on 15th and leave the same original date.

my problem here is we are staying on rented points. I am a DVC owner but this reservation is not on my points

my problem here is we are staying on rented points. I am a DVC owner but this reservation is not on my points
Got it. Certainly makes it tougher. One would hope they would simply honor the covered dates even if the first day or two doesn't fall within the open window. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

My stay at VBR was on rented points, from June 13th through June 20. The broker said that DVC will cancel the reservation since the resort is closed on our check in day. We received a credit that we have already used to book for next February. As of this morning, the reservation is still active in MDE.

Got it. Certainly makes it tougher. One would hope they would simply honor the covered dates even if the first day or two doesn't fall within the open window. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Ya im trying to figure out what they are going to do. I have the owners email and could ask them to cancel the first night. The member services line goes immediately to a busy signal. They should have a call back option.

Ya im trying to figure out what they are going to do. I have the owners email and could ask them to cancel the first night. The member services line goes immediately to a busy signal. They should have a call back option.
They should. Having extra folks to chat would help, too.

Your big risk is they will cancel the ENTIRE stay! Because they aren't going to let you check in a day before opening!
I'd contact the owner and ask him/her to modify my reservation.

Well, there went our 40th anniversary celebration. We were headed there with our two grown sons, wives and our grandchildren for June 6-12. We've had it booked for over a year. Now it's dust. Disappointment is beyond words. It seems that this is the way it all is for many folks out there. Good luck to those that will try to move it. We have tried online and there is no availability for the entire month of June or July.

Well, there went our 40th anniversary celebration. We were headed there with our two grown sons, wives and our grandchildren for June 6-12. We've had it booked for over a year. Now it's dust. Disappointment is beyond words. It seems that this is the way it all is for many folks out there. Good luck to those that will try to move it. We have tried online and there is no availability for the entire month of June or July.
I hate that for you. My sincere best wishes and congratulations on your anniversary and for many more to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter