VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I'm looking at the menu for the new (er) Wind and Waves Grill. Sort of a limited looking menu. We'll be there for our 3rd visit in early July, and it looks like we'll need to leave for dinner a couple of nights. I feel like I'm already missing Sonya's.

We just book an OVIR for Aug 26th to Sept 1st. We waitlisted a 1 bedroom, but I am debating about whether we really want/need it. The kitchen is the main reason. We are so looking forward to this. It was a sort of "last minute" decision for us. We went last summer and weren't planning this summer, but why the heck not!

One question, we went last year at the end of July beginning of August and got to see an amazing turtle event. Does anyone know if they do turtle events into late August?

We just book an OVIR for Aug 26th to Sept 1st. We waitlisted a 1 bedroom, but I am debating about whether we really want/need it. The kitchen is the main reason. We are so looking forward to this. It was a sort of "last minute" decision for us. We went last summer and weren't planning this summer, but why the heck not!

One question, we went last year at the end of July beginning of August and got to see an amazing turtle event. Does anyone know if they do turtle events into late August?

Do you need a full kitchen, or will a microwave, fridge, and toaster suffice? The first time we stayed at VB, we had a 2 BR, and it was very nice. But, I really wanted an ocean view, and the way to be sure is to book an OVIR room (or a beach house!). We were pleasantly surprised that the inn room have the same kitchen setup as a studio. It was just enough to prepare breakfast, snacks, and small meals. And the price was right! We were missing a freezer, and I had cold-packs to keep our drinks/snacks cold at the pool and beach. The front desk will very kindly put your freezer pacs, and whatever else, in their freezer. We would just drop them off on the way back to our room, and pick them up the next time we were on our way to the beach. The front desk is so much smaller, and less busy, than a typical Disney resort, and that made it so easy. Yes, there is a little more togetherness in a hotel room (we are typically get 2 bedroom units for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids) but we all agreed that it was worth it for the inexpensive ocean view.

I'm not sure about the turtles, but it's really easy to call VB (again, compared to trying to get through to other Disney resorts.)

Checking page 1 of this thread, it looks like turtle happenings are only through July, but I agree that calling the front desk is a good idea.

Checking page 1 of this thread, it looks like turtle happenings are only through July, but I agree that calling the front desk is a good idea.

Thank you. When we went last year the end of July/beginning of August it was just after the turtle happenings, but then we totally lucked out. They did an event where they had tagged 2 female sea turtles and released them in the morning. They also had a bunch of hatchlings they released on the beach. It was amazing!!! As we near our date we will call the desk.

Do you need a full kitchen, or will a microwave, fridge, and toaster suffice? The first time we stayed at VB, we had a 2 BR, and it was very nice. But, I really wanted an ocean view, and the way to be sure is to book an OVIR room (or a beach house!). We were pleasantly surprised that the inn room have the same kitchen setup as a studio. It was just enough to prepare breakfast, snacks, and small meals. And the price was right! We were missing a freezer, and I had cold-packs to keep our drinks/snacks cold at the pool and beach. The front desk will very kindly put your freezer pacs, and whatever else, in their freezer. We would just drop them off on the way back to our room, and pick them up the next time we were on our way to the beach. The front desk is so much smaller, and less busy, than a typical Disney resort, and that made it so easy. Yes, there is a little more togetherness in a hotel room (we are typically get 2 bedroom units for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids) but we all agreed that it was worth it for the inexpensive ocean view.

I'm not sure about the turtles, but it's really easy to call VB (again, compared to trying to get through to other Disney resorts.)

The full kitchen is where I am debating. Of course the ability to cook dinners would be great, that is really the only reason we would need a full kitchen since other meals are easier. The other thing is the idea of having space to hang out particularly if the weather is bad. Then again, if we are in the Inn then we have downstairs to hangout. Decisions, Decisions. The idea of an Ocean View for such little points is a big draw....

My DH and I talked and we are just so tempted by the ocean view and the "cheap" room points wise. We decided to cancel our waitlist. It will be fun to explore the Inn. Does anyone know of a resource that says which OVIR are worth requesting? I know a request is just that, a request, not a guarantee, but in my experience, Disney does what they can to meet our room requests. We usually send a few rooms we like.

When staying in the Inn on points do you get daily housekeeping? Very excited for our first stay in a few weeks!

We will be making our first stay here 9/10-9/13 before we head over to WDW. I'm very excited, but I had no idea how hard it was to find info about this resort (compared to other Disney properties). Though what I have seen it looks beautiful.

I am on a wait list for a studio for two Nights.....
36-28 July.....what are our chances on getting this request ???

Thx

Robin

Does anyone have a picture of the breakfast offerings at Vero Beach? Or a link to a website? I've found the Wind and Waves restaurant menu, but not the Grab and Go offerings at the market. And that's all there is now, right? Other than the Saturday morning character meal. And if anyone has the prices on the character meal, I'd like to know those too.

My DH and I talked and we are just so tempted by the ocean view and the "cheap" room points wise. We decided to cancel our waitlist. It will be fun to explore the Inn. Does anyone know of a resource that says which OVIR are worth requesting? I know a request is just that, a request, not a guarantee, but in my experience, Disney does what they can to meet our room requests. We usually send a few rooms we like.

When staying in the Inn, request an "open" patio. There are some that are enclosed (not open fenced) so when you sit you can't see the ocean unless you are standing. That's my only advice!

Does anyone have a picture of the breakfast offerings at Vero Beach? Or a link to a website? I've found the Wind and Waves restaurant menu, but not the Grab and Go offerings at the market. And that's all there is now, right? Other than the Saturday morning character meal. And if anyone has the prices on the character meal, I'd like to know those too.

No Magic Bands at VB. You get a good, old fashioned Key to the World for door opening and charging.

I saw a gentleman at Vero in March wearing a magicband. He said he was able to use his active magicband from WDW to open his room at Vero. I'm bringing one on my next visit to see for myself. It would come in handy for pool and beach access.

We stayed at Kidani for a night before our Vero stay in October 2016 and had both reservations linked through MDE. Our Magic Bands did open our room door and give us beach/pool access at Vero even though the front desk will tell you they wont. We never had any problems rotating between using our key or MB depending on what was easiest but Magic Bands are not able to charge or access your account at Vero so you really need a key with you anyways for activities and charging.

As of last week, all the stores, restaurants and bars are open. The cost of the Saturday morning character breakfast is $20 for adults and $12 for children. See attached flyer. I don't know if they plan on continuing it, but the current location for the character breakfast is in the Seagrape ballroom. I had breakfast at the wind and waves grill and it was great. We had the Mickey waffle, skillet, country breakfast and French toast. I would rank them in that order. I don't have any pictures - sorry. The waffle is medium size. Mini waffles are only served at the character breakfast.

The grab-n-go has croissant sandwiches with ham, egg and swiss, bagel sandwiches with sausage, egg and cheddar and a flat bread with bacon, egg and cheddar. They will create from scratch any combination you would like to create. The display case is filled with fresh pastries and muffins - oh and Mickey whoopee cakes. For dinner they offer two different meals every night. The pot roast was excellent.

Character Breakfast.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!