Vero Beach Tiger Lily Wet Play Area

harrowgirl

Mouseketeer
I read a review (on allears) that the Tiger Lily Wet Play Area (splash pad) was only for children under 48" tall. Is this true?

My son is about 51-52" tall, has autism. He will want to go in this play area, so if it is a no go I'll need to look at other resorts.

Thank you!

Boo. Okay. Thank you. No vero beach for us :(

I just found out about the property was excited at the prospect of a place on the beach that had a nice pool. Those types of places seem to be hard to find.

The search continues

AS LOng as kids are behaved and not bothering the little ones I've never had a problem with my taller child playing in the splash pad areas. I suppose they could say no but in experience at Polynesian and last week at wilderness the lifeguards didn't say anything to us and my kids had fun

AS LOng as kids are behaved and not bothering the little ones I've never had a problem with my taller child playing in the splash pad areas. I suppose they could say no but in experience at Polynesian and last week at wilderness the lifeguards didn't say anything to us and my kids had fun
My grandchildren are tall, they were told not to go in the splash area at Vero even though they were well within the age limit. I definitely would not count on using it.

We have 2 small grandkids with a severe adrenal insufficiency disease. To look at them, there is nothing wrong, but all it takes is getting bashed by a bigger kid accidentally and the right/wrong "accident" could cause them to go into crisis and require hospitalization, or at least an injection of soul-Cortef. We plan on visiting Vero for a day visit in October specifically to visit their great play area. I certainly hope we don't encounter any "too big" kids while there ...... for whatever reason.

Sounds like, as is often the case, it is somewhat dependent on the cast member on duty. Sound like there's at least a decent chance we'd be asked not to use the area - so not worth the risk for such an expensive vacation. Bummer though - it is totally something my son would love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!