• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero beach?

josierac

DIS Veteran
Thinking of a stay at Vero Beach sometime next year.

Any info on what to do at the resort and near the resort?

We will be 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 8

Thanks

We went in March with 2 kids, 5 and 7. There is a lot to do for a few days - we were there 4 days. The pool and slide are great and the kids loved the ocean. They have activities throughout the day for kids (arts,crafts,sports, etc.). You can rent bikes, tennis stuff and there is a 9 hole mini golf course by the pool.
We felt 4 days are about enough especially with kids because they might get bored.
Dodgertown is nearby if you are a baseball fan.
Have fun!

We spend two nights there before heading to WDW. We loved the beach and had a great time with boogie boards. We spent most of our one full day on the beach. There are a lot of shells on the beach and they had the campfire on one of our nights. It was a nice relaxing time before heading to the parks. The pool gets crowded quickly and is small, but the pool slide is fun for kids. We'd like to go back again sometime for a few nights in the summer.

http://www.verobeach.com

Have a great trip. It is a quiet area, but very nice. A few treasure museums. The Kennedy Space Center is about 90 miles away. If you go between March and October try to get your name drawn for a Sea Turtle Watch program. The turtles are an endangered species and some weigh several hundred pounds. A National park Ranger will give a talk and slide show and then take you out on the beach between 9pm and 11pm to watch the giant turtles come out of the ocean to lay their eggs on the beach. The kids would probably enjoy this. Call ahead to se if it is available when you make your reservations.

I love VB!! As you can tell it's my home resort. Like that has been said before me, there's many kids activities put on by the resort, and a large pool with tall slide. The beach front offers a great relaxing right up front Atlantic surf with Skidoo's(sp?) to rent. I love it there because its quiet and relaxing for me. We've used it as a down time from WDW before we head back to Texas. My son and I are avid fishermen and so we charter guided fishing trips, Indian River and deep sea, out of Capt'n Hirums Dock in Sabastin just up the road. Now thats a blast!!

It is a gorgeous and relaxing resort. Besides the campfire and mini golf, we also did cel-painting one afternoon.

If you are up to it, I would suggest you try the kayaking tour of the Indian River.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter