Vero - Favorite Accomodations?

Jhalkias

<font color=darkgreen>DIS Geek<br><font color=indi
We are planning our first trip to VB in May of '06 . . . and have never been to that "home" of ours. We are planning on staying 4 or 5 nights, in combination with WDW. There will be just 3 of us, DW, DD (6), and me.

For those of you who have stayed at VB, what would you recommend?

John

Cruelladeville said:
Get an inn room, ocean view, third floor or above. They are wonderful!

That would be my vote too! You have the mini-kitchen, VCR, and gorgeous, guaranteed view of the ocean.

Bobbi :flower:

Beach cottages are certainly the nicest, but not overly practical considering the number of points for three guests.

I agree with Cruelladeville. There's nothing like sitting on the balcony with an ocean view.

With that said, we leave for VB in 10 hours, and we have a 1br for my wife and me.
We just love the layout of the 1br at Vero! :drinking:

MG

I agree too...ocean front./Inn..third or fourth...floor ..Great View...Have fun... :flower:

Lyndz said:
I agree too...ocean front./Inn..third or fourth...floor ..Great View...Have fun... :flower:

Me too.

I just love how cheap they can be during the week also. We love to go in May, Inn room, ocean view, 10 points a night! :cool1: :cool1:

You just can't beat that, and the view is wonderful!

We have stayed twice (May 2003, it was DH and Myself with DD who just turned 3 years old, I was 27 months pregnant) (opps I mean weeks! )
and again
May 2005, DH, myself, DD (now 4) and baby, 9 months old. We love it. Both times we got the most amazing 3rd floor room and view of the ocean. Open your blacony door and it is just like being on the beach. :Pinkbounc

We LOVE vero beach in May. :cheer2:

If you want washer/dryer and full kitchen then 1BR unit makes best sense, if these things not important than Ocean View Inn Rooms are nice (2 Queen beds) followed by Studios

cheers
jaysue

DisneyPhD said:
.... I was 27 months pregnant)

:rotfl: I kept reading that over. I couldn't tell if you were trying to convey how you felt about being very pregnant ....or just a typo.

Assuming the Beach Cottage is out, it would either be the OVIR or the 1 bedroom villa. Go with the one bedroom if you want more amenities; 2 rooms, full kitchen, Washer/dryer. Go with the OVIR if you want the ocean view and lower points.

lisareniff said:
:rotfl: I kept reading that over. I couldn't tell if you were trying to convey how you felt about being very pregnant ....or just a typo.

Well unless I am the amazing typing elephant, that would be a typo. (I think maybe a frudien slip one though, sometimes it can FEEl like 27 months! )

No, that would be 27 weeks, sorry. Man, can you imagine that?

BTW, Vero is a great vaction when you are pregnant, nice and relaxing, but lots to to do keep the family busy. The only thing was I never knew that sand could be so hard to sit on. I didn't want to fork out the $ for a chair for a whole day when we were only on beach for a few hours. I wish the beach chairs were just 1st come 1st serve like at the pool.

Jhalkias said:
We are planning our first trip to VB in May of '06 . . . and have never been to that "home" of ours. We are planning on staying 4 or 5 nights, in combination with WDW. There will be just 3 of us, DW, DD (6), and me.

For those of you who have stayed at VB, what would you recommend?

John

If you want two beds, by all means get an Inn room with an ocean view. If, however, you want more room get a studio which has a queen bed and sofa bed. In either case, request a top floor because the view is better. There is less chancce of an ocean view with a studio, but it is possible. We had an excellent view of the ocean from the third floor of Bld. 12 on our last visit in September. We really enjoy VB as empty nesters now, but it was also great with the kids - just different.

BTW, try Squid Lips for dinner if you enjoy seafood. It's just north of Captain Hiram's on Rte. 1 in Sebastian.

Enjoy!

We prefer a 2 bedroom at VB. We are now a family of 5 but prior to our suprise angel we still booked a 2 bedroom unit there. We prefer to have space because we use the villa a great deal more than we would at Disney. I also like having the washer/dryer right there especially with all the sand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter