Very Bad Things

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
Well, after getting all the information on what driving to Disney World is like (and thanks to everyone who gave me a clear picture), I broke down and checked the Air Canada website. Interestingly, if you just price a trip to MCO, they don't give you seat sale prices. Then I noticed the seat sale link, and tried that, and booked the flights. The only problem :rolleyes: was that I couldn't get a flight back the next Sunday. So, I tried for seat sale prices flying down Sunday, and back the following Monday (Labour Day) :eek: and that worked :smooth:

So, now, we have an extra night in Orlando to deal with. So I research DTD hotels, and naturally, phone Disney. I explain my plight to the first CM, she says she can't help me, but passes me over to a second CM. The second CM says all she can do for me is :eek: rack rate! (She has no DC available for that date) So I ask about Canadian at Par, and she passes me over to a 3rd CM. The 3rd CM explains that Canadian@Par requires a minimum of 3 nights. So I ask her about DC (what the hey). She had DC available. :bounce: So now we're spending an extra night at POR, and its even on the same ressie number.

Just goes to show, if at first you don't succeed, try another CM.

We've told DS we're flying now, but we're keeping the extra night for a surprise. Shhhh!

So now that I've confessed to committing all kinds of financial indiscretions, I suppose I'll be banned from the budget board...

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Glad everything turned out OK in the long
I promise I will not tell your DS about that extra day

Sounds like your plans are really shaping up!

Wonderful about how trip is falling into place! Do you mind sharing what the seat sale price was for Air Canada? I'm still of the mind that I"ll be going to Buffalo to catch a flight, but interested to see what AC's sale prices are!

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
Wonderful about how trip is falling into place! Do you mind sharing what the seat sale price was for Air Canada? I'm still of the mind that I"ll be going to Buffalo to catch a flight, but interested to see what AC's sale prices are!

Not at all. I got $324 each, but according to the site, I think MCO flights start at $294 (before taxes, of course).

Ciao,
Mort.

I should also add that I'm predisposed towards AC as opposed to any other airline because of the wonderful way they dealt with DS's broken leg, and their general superiority in the seat room and service department.

I posted the story last Feb, when we went, but the highlights were:

• They let me change our dates even though our tickets didn't allow it.
  • When they saw us pushing the wheelchair towards express check-in, they intercepted us, checked us in, and helped us wheel DS through customs and all the way to the gate.
  • When we asked about the lack of aisle seat for DS, (and we weren't together) they paged the person with the aisle seat in our 2 person row, and asked if she would switch. She wouldn't, so they moved us all to Executive class.

There's more, but those points should give you enough of an idea. Compare that with other experiences on other airlines, and I think we've got something pretty special.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter