Very disappointed with my last trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbf4everdeck

Earning My Ears
I have been a regular to both parks, having an annual pass for the past 3 years, and going up to the parks every 2 months(because I only live around 3 hours from the parks). This last trip which was August 30-September 1st, was quite disappointing.

Numerous times, my Universal gift cards would not scan at place, and even when entered manually, would still not work(even though I had about $200 on two cards from my last trip). I actually waited in line at Moe's for around 15 minutes to get my food, only to realize that the card didn't work there either(after it worked that morning to pay for parking). They ended up telling me to go to customer services to get a new card, which was a pain in the rear end and also left my food becoming cold.

At another time, I went to buy a beer from a stand and the women wouldn't take my drivers license, which made me become upset and I told her to call her supervisor. The supervisor came over and inspected my VALID drivers license(keep in mind I am 28 years old) and just because of the waiting there to speak to someone, I missed out on my return time for dispicable me ride. The only good thing that came out of that is that the manager/supervisor said she would assist me RIGHT ON the new transformers ride. I really appreciate that being done for me, but at the same time, I am upset that within 3 years, this trip gave me the most issues.

They have also raised the parking prices, which I believe are ridiculous to begin with. Just think...how much money do they make a day JUST BASED ON PARKING?!?!?!!!! I'm really contemplating even renewing my pass next year. I think this last trip really did me in. :furious::furious::mad:

At another time, I went to buy a beer from a stand and the women wouldn't take my drivers license

And you're from FL? What was their explanation?

Return time for Despicable Me? Do explain!

Had you stored the GCs with something like a cellphone or do you have a bag/wallet/purse with a magnet in it? I messed up two years of Disneyland APs and a debit card because I kept it in the front of my Sherpani purse that, I realized later, has a big ol' magnet right over the pocket.

Supposedly if the license has a crack or bend in it, they cannot accept it, but after the manager looked at mine she told me there is no reason my id shouldn't have been accepted, and that it is in great condition. The women who was working the beverage cart was also very rude and needs an attitude adjustment, big time! I also mentioned that to her manager.

As far as the return time for dispicible me, I got a return time because I use an assitive pass at the parks because of my panic disorder. If it is over a 30 minute wait for an attraction, they write down a time for me to come back to use the express line.

As far as my gift cards:
I keep them in the sleeve that I keep my annual pass in, which gets tucked away in my wallet. I never put it near a cellphone or anything else that could have damaged them. They were almost brand new.

I have been a regular to both parks, having an annual pass for the past 3 years, and going up to the parks every 2 months(because I only live around 3 hours from the parks). This last trip which was August 30-September 1st, was quite disappointing.

Numerous times, my Universal gift cards would not scan at place, and even when entered manually, would still not work(even though I had about $200 on two cards from my last trip). I actually waited in line at Moe's for around 15 minutes to get my food, only to realize that the card didn't work there either(after it worked that morning to pay for parking). They ended up telling me to go to customer services to get a new card, which was a pain in the rear end and also left my food becoming cold.

At another time, I went to buy a beer from a stand and the women wouldn't take my drivers license, which made me become upset and I told her to call her supervisor. The supervisor came over and inspected my VALID drivers license(keep in mind I am 28 years old) and just because of the waiting there to speak to someone, I missed out on my return time for dispicable me ride. The only good thing that came out of that is that the manager/supervisor said she would assist me RIGHT ON the new transformers ride. I really appreciate that being done for me, but at the same time, I am upset that within 3 years, this trip gave me the most issues.

They have also raised the parking prices, which I believe are ridiculous to begin with. Just think...how much money do they make a day JUST BASED ON PARKING?!?!?!!!! I'm really contemplating even renewing my pass next year. I think this last trip really did me in. :furious::furious::mad:

Not to cause issues, but I wonder if your emotional disorder might have also magnified the negatives of the situation. Perhaps with time away you will feel better about the experience.

Anxiety is a type of emotional disorder.

If you go over your time on your GAP card, just explain that to the attraction greeter or a Team Leader.. I'm sure they will accommodate you if you explain the situation.

Sorry you had a tough time, but I think you should give it another chance. For what it's worth, at least the person checking your ID thought you looed youthful! :)

Just a reminder...rude or attacking comments are not allowed on the DIS.

Posts will be deleted and quite possibly infractions will be levied.

Supposedly if the license has a crack or bend in it, they cannot accept it, but after the manager looked at mine she told me there is no reason my id shouldn't have been accepted, and that it is in great condition. The women who was working the beverage cart was also very rude and needs an attitude adjustment, big time! I also mentioned that to her manager.

As far as the return time for dispicible me, I got a return time because I use an assitive pass at the parks because of my panic disorder. If it is over a 30 minute wait for an attraction, they write down a time for me to come back to use the express line.

As far as my gift cards:
I keep them in the sleeve that I keep my annual pass in, which gets tucked away in my wallet. I never put it near a cellphone or anything else that could have damaged them. They were almost brand new.

Just an FYI, that return time on your red pass is the EARLIEST time you can come back to ride. You can show up late and still go through Express with that card, you just can't show up early or get another return time (only 1 active 'reservation' for lack of better phrasing is allowed at a time) until you've either ridden that attraction or had any attractions team member void that reservation.
(I'm a former attractions TM)

Since this trip report has gone off in another direction, the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter