Very First Trip Report - Day One

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Our prayers were answered and although DD did not sleep very well and ate nothing for breakfast, the Calpol had brought her temperature back down. We decided that we would go ahead rather than go home! :banana:

We walked to the train station and checked in quickly, although DD let everyone know that she did not appreciate them taking her Minnie doll away to put through the scanner by screaming the place down! :sad1: A sure sign that she wasn’t 100%! We found the activity packs at the Information Desk and helped ourselves – they weren’t handed out to us. Nor were we given Disney Express stickers to wear on the train, but despite this the lady found us and gave us all our tickets, vouchers, etc on the train. This worked really well for us as we went straight to the Park when we got there and when we went back to the hotel our luggage was already in our room as we were on the Admirals Floor. :cool1:

One comment about the train was that it was really warm and we needed more water than we had with us. One funny thing was when the train came out of the tunnel any everyone in our coach went, “hooray!”, easily pleased!:) We spotted Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and Space Mountain on the train (right side) and then everyone started to get very excited! DD was singing, “we’re going to Disneyland

We left our luggage at the Disney Express and stepped out of the station into brilliant sunshine and a very hot day! :goodvibes We cancelled our original plan to have lunch at Cafe Mickey as DD wasn’t too good and wasn’t eating either and instead headed straight to the Park. I could feel myself getting more and more excited as we walked towards it – I had forgotten just how beautiful the entrance is, the magic starts then... :lovestruc

As we arrived Mary Poppins was singing & dancing on the band stand so the atmosphere started straight away. As we headed towards Liberty Arcade DH noticed a queue of people, it was a Meet & Greet with Mickey!! :mickeyjum DD started jumping up & down crying out, “Mickey Mouse! It’s Mickey Mouse!!” We lost our place in the queue twice as she tried to run over to him and I had to fetch her back and explain that we needed to wait our turn! Just as we were one person away, people started to push in front! :mad: Not amused the woman in front asked them what they thought they were doing!! They replied that the CM had told them there was “no queue!” I soon set him straight on that one! I think it was just a communication problem as the CM had actually said “no more queuing” as Mickey was about to leave. Anyway, we were up next and DD ran over to Mickey and gave him a big hug! We got his autograph and she kissed him on the nose! :love: He was quite taken with her pen which made her laugh!

We could not have asked for a better start to the trip and it made the whole holiday unforgettable!! As we were walking away through the arcade, I noticed DD was walking slowly and her bottom lip was trembling, when I asked if she was OK she said that she wanted to go back & see Mickey again! We had this conversation a lot as every day she wanted to go & see Mickey!

We set off to Adventureland for the Aladdin’s Passageway and when we got there Princess Jasmine was just leaving – but they said she’d be back in 20 minutes! Just enough time to go through the Passageway and the Tree House. As we were waiting for her to come back out, DD announced that she needed the toilet!!:rolleyes1 So off we set and sure enough as we left, out came Jasmine! When we got back I passed DD through to DH who was still at the front of the queue. The first thing DD said to Jasmine was, “We just had to go to the toilet!” Jasmine admired her Jasmine T-Shirt that I’d made (Thank you Creative DISigns!) and DD told Jasmine that she was her favourite Princess! The holiday just got EVEN BETTER!!!

Walking on through Adventureland there was a 5 minute wait for Indiana Jones so DH went on this while DD & I went in search of ice cream. I know that it was out of season but it was really hot and there were so many carts and cafes closed that it took ages to find a cold drink or an ice cream! :confused3

We headed round to Woody’s Roundup as we’d heard great things about it – and it lived up to all of them!! We met Mickey & Minnie, Goofy & Pluto, Donald & Woody!! It was very well organised and not even that long a queue really. Donald was out entertaining those queuing but it didn’t dawn on me to get his autograph or photo then! DD was so excited to get to stroke Pluto! But then Goofy was sad that he wasn’t getting any attention so she gave him a kiss! They both loved her pen too! (It has spinning coloured lights on top!) She had a lovely photo with them after she’d finished cuddling them both! We then waved goodbye and went next door to see Minnie & Mickey!

DD dropped her Minnie Ears but Minnie picked them up and put them back on for her! Then they both jumped up & down and danced together before she got their autographs & had cuddles!! As we left Mickey pushed her ears forward so she couldn’t see!! Magic! :smickey:

We just managed to catch Woody & Donald for an autograph before they left - DD loves Donald Duck! Well and truly charactered out we headed back to our hotel via City Hall to make our dinner reservations & picked up a Minnie Mouse balloon! ::MinnieMo

Hotel Newport Bay Club – Loved it! The Admirals Floor check-in was brilliant, no queue at all. When we were checking in we were offered park breakfast for the Friday which I had been about to ask for! There was a slight mix up with our room though. We booked though Airmiles who had requested a cot on our behalf (not my request!) so they had given us a king size bed instead of 2 doubles. There wasn’t a cot in our room, just the king size bed, but this wasn’t problem as DD would be in our bed! Sadly no balcony but we could see the lake, TOT, The Castle & balloon.

Cape Cod buffet restaurant. We chose this because it was convenient and free for DD. DH didn’t find much that took his fancy. I was a little disappointed with the choice although it seemed that more food came out later – we were there as it opened. DD drank orange juice, ate cucumber and then was sick. :sick:

Starters – salads, cold meats, tomato & Mozarella, peppered mackerel, soup & croutons, bread rolls.

Mains – beef in rosemary juice, roast pork, baked cod, sea bream, guinea fowl, pizza, pasta & sauce, roast potatoes, rice, tortilla chips, sausage rolls, smiley faces, omelette, chicken goujons, veggie nuggets, tomato sauce!

Desserts – chocolate mousse, fruit salad, rice pudding, crème caramel, jelly, custard, “pudding” (don’t know what this was but it was very tasty!), red fruit cake, mini doughnuts, pancakes, brownies, ice creams, lollies, yoghurts, cheesecake, apricot tart, cheese board.

Desserts were good but I thought that it was overpriced. Hoorah for shareholder discount!

We put DD in a Mickey Mouse bubble bath and then off to bed. Now began the saga of the lost video charger – also on DH’s list!! He was searching through the cases (using a little reading light as DD was asleep) for some time and there was some language which I cannot repeat on here (Thankfully DD was asleep!) this went on for quite a while and then DH found the charger on the bed! Disaster averted we went to bed!

what great photos :goodvibes I'm loving the photo with Jasmine (great t-shirt btw) and the photo with Mickey and Minnie is adorable.

I have to smile at daddy's language, etc .... it sounds so familiar ! my dh would lose his head at times.

Off to read some more .. :goodvibes

great start , look forward to reading the rest

:cool1:

Another great day. Love the photos:thumbsup2

:goodvibes lovely pics - ur dd looks like u!!

brings a tear to my eye when i hear of children running up to their fav characters......... thats what this is all about - dreams coming true.....

ok, im go n b mushy at day 2.....

The photo of DD with Minnie & Mickey is probably my favourite - she was sooooo excited!! I watched the video this afternoon of when she first realised that Mickey was there - brought a tear to my eye again!! :goodvibes

I love your pics! She's such a cutie :)

My daughter is the same, if she's even slightly under the weather she eats virtually nothing :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter