VGC June 2019

KJSJpipe

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL next June for a week. We own at SSR, trying to see if we should use our points at 7 months or rent VGC points to book at 11 months. Is June hard to book 7 months out? I am probably going to do a 2bd, but am flexible as there are only 4 of us(all adults).
Also worried that Star Wars Land could be opening around then. We are going to be there June 3-10.

Thoughts?
Wait until 7 months and use our points?
Or
Rent out our points and rent VGC points for the 11 month advantage?

I’d do the 11 month - from what I have read VGC is tough. But maybe owners and other people say as I have never checked

There is no time that isn't tough at VGC. While the inventory is best for a 2BR, it's just such a small resort. Getting a week at 7 months, with specific dates, increases difficulty.

I would look to rent, or I would rent my own points out and just book a Good Neighbor hotel.

The 2 times that we stayed at VGC it was for the month of June. We too own at SSR and was able to get a studio for our first trip and a 2 bedroom on our second trip 7 months out. I did make sure I was logged on and ready to go once the online booking was opened up. I am not saying it not hard, because it definitely can be, but it is doable...at least that was our experience both times.

We own at Poly and were able to get 5 nights in a 2-bedroom for this May, starting on Memorial Day at the 7-month mark. We wanted the following week...the first full week of June, starting June 4-9. No dice. And we were online at 8:00 eastern time. We knew we wanted to reserve before June 24, when the points values bump up to summer rates. We got Monday - Wednesday nights and had to waitlist Thursday night. Then we started looking at flights and such and ended being able to add on Friday night without any problem. We added Friday night mostly because we aren't going to be using our points next year (2019) so we pulled some to make it work.

Bottom line, it's a total crapshoot. If you want to guaranty, I'd say rent points at the 11-month mark. There were no studios available at any point in our search. I didn't look at 1-bedrooms as we have 6 people for this trip. We knew we wouldn't be able to get 2 studios, so we zoned in on a 2-bedroom.

I think I’m going to look in to renting points. We are really not flexible with the dates so it will probably give me more peace of mind.

We're headed to DL this June for five days, and we were on top of the 7-month window, as in the very moment the the site went live. There were no rooms available for consecutive days. In fact, we only managed to get the first two days and those were in a 2BR--no 1BRs or studios available. We waitlisted the rest of the days. A couple of weeks later, a GV popped up for the last two days and we grabbed that. We have stalked the RAT and been on the waitlist for the night in between those two reservations, and nothing has appeared. We have that one night booked at the DL Hotel, so we're doing a split-split stay for our five days. At this point, we're not holding out hope that we'll get that last night.

The issue is that people walk reservations, something I'm not a fan of doing. A week before the dates in question, our target--a 1BR--was fully available as was a 2BR (studios were already gone). As those last few days counted down to our 7-month window, however, the nights we wanted began to disappear, and it was clear someone(s) was walking a reservation(s). As I mentioned above, we're still waiting on the last night, and even if it comes through, we'll still have two nights in a room, move to another room for a night, and then move yet again to a third room. All that to say that if you want peace of mind, I'd suggest renting points.

I own at VGC and I have stayed at this resort four times. Like everyone has said, the villa inventory is small, so it's really hard to book at the 7 month if you are not flexible with your schedule in case the starting date is sold out. I'd go with your decision to rent out your points and buy points from an owner or reputable dvc broker. I recently rented out my VGC points at the 10 month window through a broker and I had no problems with granting their requests. Good luck obtaining your desired vacation dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter