VGF dedicated 2 bedroom - 2 pull down beds or not?

cvjw

DIS Veteran
From looking at the floor plans/booking descriptions on dvcmember.com, I was under the impression that the dedicated 2 bedroom at VGF only had one pull down bed in the 1 bedroom portion. It seemed like there wasn't one in the 2nd bedroom area.

Now I am confused after reading the latest issue of Disney files. It states on page 7 that "like the living room, the deluxe studio/second bedroom hides a foldaway bed beneath the TV."

So, does the dedicated 2 bedroom actually sleep 10 like the 2 bedroom lock-off, or not?

According to the room descriptions provided by Disney on the member's site, the dedicated 2BR will have only 1 of those foldaway beds while the lock-off will have 2. It also says that the dedicated sleeps 9 while the lock-off 10.

If you are a member, to find Disney's description go to the official site, sign in, on first page go to Destinations, choose Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, and then on next page go to Rooms and Points

According to the room descriptions provided by Disney on the member's site, the dedicated 2BR will have only 1 of those foldaway beds while the lock-off will have 2. It also says that the dedicated sleeps 9 while the lock-off 10.

If you are a member, to find Disney's description go to the official site, sign in, on first page go to Destinations, choose Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, and then on next page go to Rooms and Points

Thanks - That was where I was looking and it did not mention the extra pull-down bed. But the new Disney files does say there is another pull-down bed. Hence the confusion!!!

When I was touring they mentioned that the lock-off would sleep 10 but the dedicated had a different layout and would only sleep 9. I believe that the lack of a second pull down bed was one of the differences.

I've called. Only 9 and we need ten (actually only need space for 9 as DD and her two sons will sleep together in the king. Been checking and only dedicated are available, never see lock offs :(. But we will try...perhaps hubby will end up sleeping in the car:rotfl2: we don't need until mid June, so time will tell.

The lock-offs go very quickly as they need a studio to go with them- again I believe this will be a category rarely reserved by anyone without home resort priority here- at least once it is mostly sold out.

If the dedicated 2 bedrooms don't have the extra pull down bed in the second bedroom, I wonder why? The rooms will have a TV, so they will have to have the stand to put it on - they could have easily put the extra bed in the 2nd bedroom.

I also wonder why the latest issue of Disney Files says the 2nd bedroom will have the pull-down bed? Seems like a contradiction with what MS is saying.

If the dedicated 2 bedrooms don't have the extra pull down bed in the second bedroom, I wonder why? The rooms will have a TV, so they will have to have the stand to put it on - they could have easily put the extra bed in the 2nd bedroom.

I also wonder why the latest issue of Disney Files says the 2nd bedroom will have the pull-down bed? Seems like a contradiction with what MS is saying.

I'm guessing this is similar to what VGC has. In the dedicated 2 bedroom there's an actual bedroom with two beds whereas the lockoff would have a bed, fold out couch, and fold down cot as the second 'bedroom'. The tv stands are different.

Just as an fyi, VGC unfortunately didn't include the drop down cot in their studios so they only sleep four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter