VGF Lake View or Standard View?

kidani

The more you like yourself, the less you are like
Just curious as to what everyone thinks about this. I, personally, would have to go for the Standard, due to the lower point cost.

We have our first two trips booked each with a different view. We'll decide after those trips how much value we put on the water view.

Since we had to borrow points for this years trip (Feb Use year) we went with standard but we plan on switching each year between standard and lakeview. We bought just enough points that the leftovers from the standard view years can be banked and give us what we need the next year for lakeview and if we have to skip a year we plan on doing a 1 bedroom instead of a studio as we always plan to keep our VGF points for our anniversary trip and won't have kids coming along.

We bought a standard view because of the lower points, but can't stay the entire week this year. We booked 5 nights with a lakeview so we could try something different while it was easy to get. That will help us to plan future trips.

I booked Standard View because the lower point value. I wanted a studio, but they were all sold out by the time I could log in so I ended up with a 1 BR. I'll be lurking on the VGF threads for my room requests. I'm sure there are some really nice views and some really crappy ones.

We bought a lake view. Don't want to take a chance of getting a view of the parking lot and I really don't want to face the GF buildings.

:earsboy: Bill

Since we had to borrow points for this years trip (Feb Use year) we went with standard but we plan on switching each year between standard and lakeview. We bought just enough points that the leftovers from the standard view years can be banked and give us what we need the next year for lakeview and if we have to skip a year we plan on doing a 1 bedroom instead of a studio as we always plan to keep our VGF points for our anniversary trip and won't have kids coming along.

This is also my plan -- I booked a standard studio for next May and will be banking a few extra points so my next trip can be in a lake view studio.

Our plan is a standard view 1 bedrooms every other year. Now that being said I would love to try a lake view at some point but I feel no real rush to do that.

Views??? I would worry more about getting the monorail view...swish very two minutes??? Not very peaceful...and I assume parking lot view will also be a water view...kinda like the BLT...MK view is also parking lot view. But really, you can almost throw things at the monorail.

As mentioned, we are trying each view during our first two trips. We like the water view for just that, the water view and possibly sunrises. We also think we might like the standard view over the parking lot/monorail as it appears that those rooms might get the evening sun which we enjoy very much also.

We have found our favourite room at the BCV and request it/change rooms for it, for each of our visits. I suspect after a few visits to the GFV, we will also choose a favourite room.

We bought a lake view. Don't want to take a chance of getting a view of the parking lot and I really don't want to face the GF buildings.

:earsboy: Bill

I did not want to chance a parking lot view either. Although I regularly book standard rooms at other Disney resorts, ground floor, carport views would dampen my VGF visits.

Views??? I would worry more about getting the monorail view...swish very two minutes??? Not very peaceful...and I assume parking lot view will also be a water view...kinda like the BLT...MK view is also parking lot view. But really, you can almost throw things at the monorail.

I've stayed in courtyard rooms at GC two times which has the monorail going by even closer than what it will be for VGF. Also CR main hotel rooms. I've never felt it was noisy. The boat and train whistles at BLT or just boat whistle and boardwalk noise at BWV are more intrusive. Or try out a Paradise Pier view at VGC. Now that can be loud with ride noise and WOC music at night.

I'll take your monorail view! We had one at the Polynesian and *loved* it. I still look at "our room" every time we go by the Poly :thumbsup2.

Anyone have any guess as to which side(s) will be standard view and which side(s) will be water view. I'm sure they must be designated from Disney by now but my guide couldn't advise me other than "if you can see the water, it will be a water view".

I'm not talking noise...but privacy on the balcony...the monorail at CR is inside and not facing your room...I've stayed there...no issues with noise. Balcony was great. Don't know about the California resort.

I'm not talking noise...but privacy on the balcony...the monorail at CR is inside and not facing your room...I've stayed there...no issues with noise. Balcony was great. Don't know about the California resort.

OK - you talked of the swish and not being very peaceful. That seemed to be indicating concern over the noise.

At the GC the balconies in the one courtyard view are in the section that the monorail passes thru. It would be more noise because the monorail is surrounded by the different hotel wings and so the noise bounces a bit. You do hear a swoosh but it's not really intrusive.

For privacy the monorail is moving past and most people will just scan the building. IMO that wouldn't be invading my privacy and I never felt that with the GC rooms where it's even closer.

OK - you talked of the swish and not being very peaceful. That seemed to be indicating concern over the noise.

At the GC the balconies in the one courtyard view are in the section that the monorail passes thru. It would be more noise because the monorail is surrounded by the different hotel wings and so the noise bounces a bit. You do hear a swoosh but it's not really intrusive.

For privacy the monorail is moving past and most people will just scan the building. IMO that wouldn't be invading my privacy and I never felt that with the GC rooms where it's even closer.

I stayed in a room in that courtyard at GC the last time we were there in 2011. I loved having the monorail that close! It was a cool sight to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter