VGF resort studio or deluxe studio

UA DVC Member

Mouseketeer
Hello all. Our long time home resort has been SSR, and we absolutely love staying there. Last fall, we added on at VGF and haven’t yet stayed there. We have some points to use so I booked a stay for this coming November. Both a deluxe studio (in the DVC building) and a resort studio (in the converted building) were available. The cast member at Member Services told me when booking that the deluxe studios didn’t have the new Murphy bed set up so I assumed that the units hadn’t been updated. We toured a resort studio when we were there a few weeks ago and thought it was gorgeous.

So, here’s my question. Both types of studios are available for the dates we want, and I believe we’d use the same number of points either way. I’d love to hear from VGF veterans which studio they would choose and why. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I like the deluxe studios -- don't need two beds, I like have two showers and just the overall room layout.

How many people do you have? We are usually just 2 and much prefer the Deluxe Studios.

The "resort studios" are just hotel rooms. Deluxe studios will have a kitchenette as well as a split bath setup with 2 showers. I believe that since the refurb, the Deluxe studios have the murphy beds. We love the Deluxe studios but don't like the hotel rooms. You will find others that feel the exact opposite. It really depends on if you want that fixed second bed or if you prefer a seating area. Also, if you drive, parking is much more convenient to the original VGF building (where the Deluxe Studios are).

Go check out the videos of the rooms on YouTube. It will give you a better understanding of the layout and maybe help you with your decision. The resort studios have been remodeled but they have two queens and are similar to hotel rooms. The deluxe studios have one queen and one queen murphy bed and feel more like a DVC studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter