VGF studio or AKV one bedroom Jambo

vbarry

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for seven night in July at the VGF in a lakeview studio. We are a family of four. I have two girls ages 10 and 14. The extra space in a one bedroom standard is really tempting especially with a teenager along who seems to like her privacy. I think I would prefer Jambo over Kidani.

I have not stayed at either resort. I guess my question is...at AKV Jambo is it easy to get from the rooms to the pool and quick service from the standard view rooms? Do the standard view have a pool view? Could I watch my daughters walk down to pool area from the room?

I am looking to stay at the most flexible resort to let them have a little freedom to grab a quick snack and back to the room or go down to the pool area. VGF seems very nice for this as it is very small and the pool is right at the villas.

We visit Disney 2-3 times a year so we will be going to the parks but we also enjoy a lot of downtime at the resort.

Please give me your thoughts on which resort would be best! Thanks!

The one thing I would mention for Kidani is that the one bedroom villas have two bathrooms. I don't think any of the rooms there overlook the pool there. I know I had one that overlooked the entrance to the pool though. Jambo does have The Mara right at the pool which is nice for a quick bite to eat. Kidani has the Maji near the pool where you can get a sandwich.

If you are wanting to be able to watch them swim from the room the BWV is a nice choice. Since Kidani's pool is across the street it's hard to see from any room. Just be aware that the noise from the pool at BWV can be a little loud in the evening!

I agree with kbonner, 1 bedroom in Kidani will have 2 bathroom, for teenage girls may be a better option, also point wise not too expensive compare to VGF studio lake view. Overall AKL is pretty safe place.

Thanks everyone...I am really leaning towards AKV. I LOVE the VGF but would rather be in a one bedroom than a studio and those points are pretty pricey. I think there are a lot of actvities that my girls would enjoy.

Do the standard rooms at Jambo overlook the pool?? I was thinking I read that....

Thanks everyone...I am really leaning towards AKV. I LOVE the VGF but would rather be in a one bedroom than a studio and those points are pretty pricey. I think there are a lot of actvities that my girls would enjoy.

Do the standard rooms at Jambo overlook the pool?? I was thinking I read that....
Many of the Standard View rooms at Jambo House overlook the pool area. DVC reclassified several Savanna View rooms as Standard View and those rooms are scattered around the resort and nowhere near the pool area. Even if you get a room in the pool area there might be a lot of vegetation blocking the view so I wouldn't count on being able to monitor your daughters at the pool though it might be possible from some Standard View rooms.

With a family of your size and the length of your stay I would highly recommend staying at a one bedroom over studio.

However you may want to consider a splits day and stay two or three days at the studio at grand Floridian for Sunday or Monday which are going to be less points and then switch over to animal kingdom for the rest of your trip.

I stayed in a GFV studio for four days at the beginning of the month. The shower alone is worth the extra points. The units are bright and beautiful. I love the place. I have stayed at AKV kidani, one bedroom as well, and much prefer GFV studio.

I would not want to stay in any studio with a teen and a preteen :goodvibes I would pick ANY one bedroom, just for the extra space and to save my sanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter