Via Napoli on DDP

Thing 1

DIS Veteran
how does it work here? Three adults on Deluxe Dinning Plan. If we order pizza, what sizes are we entitled to and how many toppings?

You are entitled to one individual pizza each. You are entitled to any "pre-fab" pizza. They will not let you build your own. They will not let you pool credits for a larger pizza. You may not share an individual pizza between two people using only one credit.

From everything I've heard, Via Napoli is by far and away the least flexible restaurant when dealing with DDP, both in terms of combining entitlements and in sharing meals.

On the DxDP, you will get one appetizer, an individual pizza or one of the other entrees, a non-alcoholic beverage, and a dessert per person.

...and even on DxDP, all sharing and pooling rules apply, which is to say NOPE.

(If two people each get an individual pizza using 1 credit, they may share those pizzas. But they both have to order a pizza and be using a credit.)

This is why we've never eaten there. The food looks good and we've thought about it many times, but we just don't want to deal with the hassle.

Its not a hassle. You order one entree per person. Just ignore the bit of the menu that prices pizza to share and order one entree per person.

Or if everyone really does want to share a pizza with the same toppings then save the DDP credits for another night (maybe a signature) and order a pizza to share (it works out like $12 each if four people share).

Or if using the DDP its one single entree per person, no hassle.

Its not a hassle. You order one entree per person. Just ignore the bit of the menu that prices pizza to share and order one entree per person.

Or if everyone really does want to share a pizza with the same toppings then save the DDP credits for another night (maybe a signature) and order a pizza to share (it works out like $12 each if four people share).

It's a hassle for us. We're used to sharing at times and I don't think we could find an entree and dessert that each person in our party would want enough to eat all of it, so I guess it sounds more like a waste than anything else. We've thought about possibly going in and paying out of pocket with just getting pizza to try, and if we ever eat there, I'm sure that's what we'll do, but there are too many other places that make it easier for all of us to eat at without feeling like we're just wasting money/food etc.

It's a hassle for us. We're used to sharing at times and I don't think we could find an entree and dessert that each person in our party would want enough to eat all of it, so I guess it sounds more like a waste than anything else. We've thought about possibly going in and paying out of pocket with just getting pizza to try, and if we ever eat there, I'm sure that's what we'll do, but there are too many other places that make it easier for all of us to eat at without feeling like we're just wasting money/food etc.

Ah so I assume if you were at any other non-buffet you would order two individual entrees for four to share or similar? I was only thinking of it in terms of you either order one entree per person or an entree for four to share between four. I've never wanted to order fewer single serving entrees than guests in my party. But then we travel as a couple so two of us have one entree each.

Does anyone know if you can share a pizza on the DDP if you also order something else for everyone who is not using a credit? For example, can I order a calamari app with cash, and my husband uses 1 credit to order a pizza and dessert, and then we split all 3 courses?

Does anyone know if you can share a pizza on the DDP if you also order something else for everyone who is not using a credit? For example, can I order a calamari app with cash, and my husband uses 1 credit to order a pizza and dessert, and then we split all 3 courses?
Good question. I'm waiting for a reply on this one.

Nope. They won't let you do that.

Yes. Totally agree. It's a great out of pocket place in order to spend 2 credits somewhere else. The pizzas are huge!

You can ask, but since they are such sticklers when using the dining plan I doubt it. If you order an entree out of pocket perhaps they would allow it, but just ordering an appetizer I think they would see it as using one credit to feed two people. If you are only ordering one individual pizza, an appetizer and a dessert this might be a good place to pay out of pocket and save the credits for a different meal or 2 credit dinner.

OOP is the way we prefer to go to Via Napoli. We really enjoy the large pizza and can use the credits another place. Yeah it would be nice if they could figure out a way to allow pooling of credits but it is what it is.

Bottom line is that they want a credit per person in the party. How you eat after that is your prerogative.

I have a "favorite thing in the World" there, have never used DDP, and even I think they're unusually militant about it. However, I can see the issue with the volume and special billing orders that would be coming through for their type of menu. They made it easy, if inflexible.

We ate there on Monday. I was fine with the way they handle the DDP. My issue was that the have a pizza kitchen and a regular kitchen and the timing is not the same. My food was almost 20 minutes ahead of the guys pizza. They ask me if this was ok but when I said I wanted my food to wait and come out with the pizza they said that was not an option. It was our first visit and not a repeat for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!