Via Napoli "to go"?

FWIW, Via Napoli’s sister restaurant (both Patina restaurants) in Disneyland DTD, Naples Restaurante, does have pizza boxes to go.
Naples is about as close to the DL entrance as the MK bus stop is to MK entrance.

When I went a few years back, I saw a few guests carrying a Naples pizza box inside Disneyland park.

FWIW, Via Napoli’s sister restaurant (both Patina restaurants) in Disneyland DTD, Naples Restaurante, does have pizza boxes to go.
Naples is about as close to the DL entrance as the MK bus stop is to MK entrance.

When I went a few years back, I saw a few guests carrying a Naples pizza box inside Disneyland park.

Yep. I could only wish that VN was as good as Naples.

And, I realize that everyone is different, but one of the last things you'll catch me and my family doing is carrying a bunch of leftover food around a theme park. Just not going to happen.

Personally, both my husband and I love it. Sure, it is overpriced - but it is Disney after all. We love their pizza. We plan on eating there this coming trip next month. Also, love the atmosphere. Please go, you will probably love it.

Yep. I could only wish that VN was as good as Naples.

And, I realize that everyone is different, but one of the last things you'll catch me and my family doing is carrying a bunch of leftover food around a theme park. Just not going to happen.
Yeah but if you are staying at an Epcot area resort, it's the end of your park day, and you're "jonesing", it could happen;). After trying the 4 cheese pie I've decided I'm sticking with the Marguerita; way too much topping to crust ratio for my wants on the other pies.
Easy enough to make a pie to go knowing what is available to carry it.

Signed,

A woman who moved to Brooklyn but still wanted a pie from Stromboli's in the Village for din din at times.

Last edited:

Ordering an extra pizza to take home is genius! I was just there on Fri and can confirm the to-go boxes are still the square styrofoam containers pictured earlier in thread. They bring the box to you at the table and you package it. Not a sealed container, so beware with sauces etc. If hanging out in the park all day, I might not opt to carry it around but if heading right out, it could be worth it. Nothing is as great as the pizza right out of the oven but cold pizza isn’t bad.

Styrofoam boxes are ok to transport out of the park (as previous poster said some challenge in keeping horizontal in bag) but for longer journey home or keeping fresh in your room, I’d bring some “ziplocks.” Could even bring an insulated bag (there are some slim ones that don’t even look like “coolers”) if you really wanted to get serious- and might be easier to take on bus/monorail as could sling over shoulder vs the clear plastic bags they’ll give you. As far as desserts go, obviously anything with ice cream would probably not be a to-go candidate.

Hope you have a great trip with your pups!

Yes, exactly. I have noticed that as well.

Also I just wanted to point out that unless its literally your first day on the job at Via Napoli, how have you not had any requests for take-out boxes? Or do most people at Via finish their food? Lol.
I think most people on vacation do not take leftovers.

The only time I do is if I'm at my resort or a resort close to mine and I'm going back to the resort soon after. Never in the parks, I'd rather not get food poisoning from improperly stored food for hours and hours.

someone totally needs to show up at via napoli with a recycled pizza box from home to take their pizza to go. You would win the Disney internet, at least for the day!

I was there last week and asked for a pizza box to go... they looked at me like I had 5 heads.

?

Our server at VN was as American as they come. In my experience the world showcase staff *sometimes* are from other countries, but not always.

This is a little off topic, but just thought I'd chime in here: in order to work in the World Showcase restaurants, you have to either be from the country you represent or one of your parents has to be. So in order for your server at VN to be working there, either he was born in Italy or one of his parents was. The majority of servers in those restaurants are on the Cultural Representative Program and just work for Disney for a year, but some restaurants have full or part time positions for people who live here.

I think most people on vacation do not take leftovers.

The only time I do is if I'm at my resort or a resort close to mine and I'm going back to the resort soon after. Never in the parks, I'd rather not get food poisoning from improperly stored food for hours and hours.
But its not unheard of to take leftovers to the resort. Its not a completely foreign concept. Many people would head back to the resort after their meal (for a midday break for example) ...perfect opportunity to take leftovers back to the resort.

And I think most people (I should hope) would pass on leftovers if they're touring the parks afterwards. That heat aint good for nobody. ;) Esp leftovers!

But its not unheard of to take leftovers to the resort. Its not a completely foreign concept. Many people would head back to the resort after their meal (for a midday break for example) ...perfect opportunity to take leftovers back to the resort.

And I think most people (I should hope) would pass on leftovers if they're touring the parks afterwards. That heat aint good for nobody. ;) Esp leftovers!

We would definitely bring a ziplock container for leftover pizza, even if touring the parks right after. My kids would tell me they're hungry 20 minutes after we've left the restaurant. They'll happily eat a slice or two of pizza while walking around WS. :)

We would definitely bring a ziplock container for leftover pizza, even if touring the parks right after. My kids would tell me they're hungry 20 minutes after we've left the restaurant. They'll happily eat a slice or two of pizza while walking around WS. :)
ha ha, right on. You're completely right. If you know the pizza will be eaten fairly quick, then why not take it with you. My thought was that if youre going to tour the parks and not eat any of the food hours later, after it sat in your hot back pack, that probably isnt ideal. :)
My son has actually done that on numerous occasions too (half hour after the restaurant he'd ask for a snack. Kids. Lol :lmao:). He's normally good at finishing all of his food at the table thou....so for him, usually there is no such thing as leftovers. I'd get him a snack or dessert in the park if he asks.

Last edited:

It was asked why a server might not have run across this yet and this is why. I would bet it is not very common for people in park to take leftovers. I don't even see it much at resort restaurants... unlike your neighborhood restaurant where I am sure nearly everyone who has leftovers brings them home. It's just not as common in a theme park. of course anyone can pipe up and say "we do!" but the DISboards are not really the typical disney visitor. it is possible for a newish server to not have run across someone wanting to pack up food, especially entire orders of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!