Victoria & Albert's vs Eleven Madison Park

DVC Doctor

Member since 2001
DVC Gold

I recently visited both of these great restaurants and now it is time to compare Victoria & Albert's (V&A) vs Eleven Madison Park (11MP) as Eleven Madison park has been awarded 3 Michelin Stars, and voted the #1 restaurant in the world in 2017 by the World's 50 Best Restaurants. Chef is Daniel Humm.

Price
V&A - 7 course menu $185 and 10 course menu $235
11MP - Dining Room Tasting Menu $335

Winner = V&A

Rational - this is probably the least important factor, but V&A is way cheaper than 11MP and they are both world class epic restaurants. For sure, based on price alone, 11MP is NOT worth almost twice the price of V&A 7 course menu. I did order the 10 course V&A meal and for most people the 7 course would be very acceptable and even then V&A is $100 less.

Location and Ambiance
V&A - inside the Grand Floridian, Orlando, very private, very romantic
11MP - the name of the restaurant should give it away, but it is located at 11 Madison Park

Winner = V&A

Rational - sure NYC is way more exciting and interesting than Orlando, BUT if you are sitting near the 11MP windows, then you are dining about 30 feet away from a VERY busy road (Madison Ave) where city buses, taxis, uber drivers, and thousands of people walking around, but the inside is very nice, although not anywhere near the level of romance as V&A. Yes, V&A is part of a hotel, but it is quiet, nice, romantic, and a beautiful setting.

Intimacy
V&A - probably only can only seat 50 people maximum all in one area, harp player, ladies are given a rose, custom menu printed with your name, everyone seems to know your name
TFL - probably can seat about 80 or more in the lobby of a former financial institution, very bright and very open restaurant, not so private

Winner = V&A

Rational - Some may debate the historic charm of NYC building, but V&A offers a much more private, quiet, and more romantic experience.

Reservation Process

V&A - call ahead at 180 days or so and try to get a spot
TFL - call ahead at 3 months or so for a range of dates

Winner = 11MP

It was much easier (for me) to get a reservation for 11MP than V&A, but this will also depend on dates and times, but it was way easier for me to get into 11MP than V&A. Also 11MP has a bar that you can simply walk into on first come basis.

Wine and Spirits and Cigars
V&A - great selection, but not world class rarities
11MP - great selection, creative cocktails

Winner = tie

Rational - I will say this really is a tie and I liked both.

Service
V&A - two dedicated servers per table that describe every dish in extreme detail
11MP - one dedicated server with a rotation of other servers that bring plates that give a superficial overview, but not detailed

Winner - V&A

Rational - I am always impressed with the personal service and attention to a diners needs from V&A. 11MP was very good, but not nearly as good or comprehensive as V&A.

Menu
V&A - incredibly great
11MP - great

Winner - V&A

Rational - I think the V&A menu blew away the 11MP, but that is my opinion. I just think the creativity and range of V&A menu choices were like a perfect concert, with every dish hitting just the right notes. 11MP was wonderful, but not as good.

Bread
V&A - good
11MP - super good

Winner - 11MP

Rational - The bread at 11MP was off the chart good, but for these prices, bread should not be the star of the menu.

Food
V&A - even more incredible
11MP - incredible

Winner = V&A

Rational - they both are world class and I ate everything on the plate and was totally satisfied with every bite. It is hard to describe eating at these types of restaurants if you have never been before, but just think extreme attention to every detail, flavor, and texture on the plate. I am sure people love Capital Grill or chick-fil-a, but these fine dining take food to a different artistic level that is simply out of this world. But at the end of the day, which was better and I vote V&A

Dessert
V&A - very good
11MP - very good

Winner - Tie

Rational - Both were very very good, and I probably should vote V&A as better but they were very close so it is a tie.

----------------------

Overall Winner = V&A

Rational - well first of all this is a Disney bbs and that means we love Disney, so bonus points for that. But in reality, it comes down to the total experience and would I go back. I was very happy to dine at 11MP, but at $670 for two people again as it just did not blow me away. Oh the other hand, I would gladly go for drinks and appetizer in the bar while in NYC. However, I would gladly eat at V&A every year as to spend $400 per couple is a bargain for that quality and service. I am sure celebrities and foodies will argue that 11MP is the best and that is fine with me, but my vote goes to V&A as the winner of this throwdown and it was NOT even close for my scorecard.

I recently visited both of these great restaurants and now it is time to compare Victoria & Albert's (V&A) vs Eleven Madison Park (11MP) as Eleven Madison park has been awarded 3 Michelin Stars, and voted the #1 restaurant in the world in 2017 by the World's 50 Best Restaurants. Chef is Daniel Humm.

Price
V&A - 7 course menu $185 and 10 course menu $235
11MP - Dining Room Tasting Menu $335

Winner = V&A

Rational - this is probably the least important factor, but V&A is way cheaper than 11MP and they are both world class epic restaurants. For sure, based on price alone, 11MP is NOT worth almost twice the price of V&A 7 course menu. I did order the 10 course V&A meal and for most people the 7 course would be very acceptable and even then V&A is $100 less.

Location and Ambiance
V&A - inside the Grand Floridian, Orlando, very private, very romantic
11MP - the name of the restaurant should give it away, but it is located at 11 Madison Park

Winner = V&A

Rational - sure NYC is way more exciting and interesting than Orlando, BUT if you are sitting near the 11MP windows, then you are dining about 30 feet away from a VERY busy road (Madison Ave) where city buses, taxis, uber drivers, and thousands of people walking around, but the inside is very nice, although not anywhere near the level of romance as V&A. Yes, V&A is part of a hotel, but it is quiet, nice, romantic, and a beautiful setting.

Intimacy
V&A - probably only can only seat 50 people maximum all in one area, harp player, ladies are given a rose, custom menu printed with your name, everyone seems to know your name
TFL - probably can seat about 80 or more in the lobby of a former financial institution, very bright and very open restaurant, not so private

Winner = V&A

Rational - Some may debate the historic charm of NYC building, but V&A offers a much more private, quiet, and more romantic experience.

Reservation Process

V&A - call ahead at 180 days or so and try to get a spot
TFL - call ahead at 3 months or so for a range of dates

Winner = 11MP

It was much easier (for me) to get a reservation for 11MP than V&A, but this will also depend on dates and times, but it was way easier for me to get into 11MP than V&A. Also 11MP has a bar that you can simply walk into on first come basis.

Wine and Spirits and Cigars
V&A - great selection, but not world class rarities
11MP - great selection, creative cocktails

Winner = tie

Rational - I will say this really is a tie and I liked both.

Service
V&A - two dedicated servers per table that describe every dish in extreme detail
11MP - one dedicated server with a rotation of other servers that bring plates that give a superficial overview, but not detailed

Winner - V&A

Rational - I am always impressed with the personal service and attention to a diners needs from V&A. 11MP was very good, but not nearly as good or comprehensive as V&A.

Menu
V&A - incredibly great
11MP - great

Winner - V&A

Rational - I think the V&A menu blew away the 11MP, but that is my opinion. I just think the creativity and range of V&A menu choices were like a perfect concert, with every dish hitting just the right notes. 11MP was wonderful, but not as good.

Bread
V&A - good
11MP - super good

Winner - 11MP

Rational - The bread at 11MP was off the chart good, but for these prices, bread should not be the star of the menu.

Food
V&A - even more incredible
11MP - incredible

Winner = V&A

Rational - they both are world class and I ate everything on the plate and was totally satisfied with every bite. It is hard to describe eating at these types of restaurants if you have never been before, but just think extreme attention to every detail, flavor, and texture on the plate. I am sure people love Capital Grill or chick-fil-a, but these fine dining take food to a different artistic level that is simply out of this world. But at the end of the day, which was better and I vote V&A

Dessert
V&A - very good
11MP - very good

Winner - Tie

Rational - Both were very very good, and I probably should vote V&A as better but they were very close so it is a tie.

----------------------

Overall Winner = V&A

Rational - well first of all this is a Disney bbs and that means we love Disney, so bonus points for that. But in reality, it comes down to the total experience and would I go back. I was very happy to dine at 11MP, but at $670 for two people again as it just did not blow me away. Oh the other hand, I would gladly go for drinks and appetizer in the bar while in NYC. However, I would gladly eat at V&A every year as to spend $400 per couple is a bargain for that quality and service. I am sure celebrities and foodies will argue that 11MP is the best and that is fine with me, but my vote goes to V&A as the winner of this throwdown and it was NOT even close for my scorecard.
I used to live around the corner from 11 Madison Park. I remember when no restaurants were in those spaces. I have enjoyed each incarnation of 11 Madison Park. FWIW, the original Shake Shack is a few feet away inside Madison Square Park; Les Halles, where Anthony Bourdain was 'discovered', is up-the-road a bit, around the corner from Curry in a Hurry.

At this level of food snobbery, we're arguing if a painting by Manet is better than a Monet.

Personal choice.

But I thoroughly enjoy seeing some food snobbery on DisBoards.

BlueZoo, Capa, and (likely) Jaleo are my food snob places at Disney (not named Victoria & Albert)....along with a Pulled-pork Slaw footlong at Casey's while listening to the piano man, the pistachio at Il Vivoli Gelato, and Sunday brunch at CA Grill....Shula's for my semiannual steak indulgence.

Oh, I certainly prefer the intimacy of Victoria & Albert to 11 Madison Park, but I have been 'wowed' at 11 Madison more frequently by the food.

Personal choice.

Thanks again for elevating the dialogue.

I also dined at The French Laundry and felt it was also excellent, but still not as good as V&A.

On the other hand, the best restaurant experience I have ever had was Joel Robuchon at MGM Las Vegas and at $1,200 per couple, it was very expensive, but that alone would beat out V&A.

I am still amazed at how awesome V&A is and the price is actually low compared to other restaurants in this category.

I also like Shake Shack, but did not go to the original in Madison park (but saw it when I was at 11MP).

BlueZoo is one of my favorite at Disney and I was lucky to meet Todd English when he was there. I do miss the Bazooka Joe Martini they used to serve there and not sure why it was deleted. Of course Shulas is awesome and is a good old fashioned steakhouse with outstanding quality.

Jaleo is new at Disney Springs and I really liked it there when I was there a few months ago and it was actually very uncrowded when I had dinner there as the buzz is not there yet.

One of my favorites at WDW is Boathouse....sure it gets crowded, but the food is great.

I had heard that V&A had done away with the $185 option and only offered one menu at $235. Have they re-introduced the smaller option?

Noticed that EMP changed to TFL at some point during your review and it cracked me up :)

Love hearing this level of detail, thank you.

I had heard that V&A had done away with the $185 option and only offered one menu at $235. Have they re-introduced the smaller option?

I am not sure as it shows $235 online now

Noticed that EMP changed to TFL at some point during your review and it cracked me up :)

Love hearing this level of detail, thank you.

Yes, it was sorta cut and pasted.

Also, I LOVE Costco Churros.

And there is a NEW restaurant at WDW Coronado Springs called The Three Bridges and they also have super fresh and amazing churros, but only have chocolate sauce and that is good, but I like caramel better. Additionally their steak sandwich is amazing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter