Video Editing Software

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
I've encountered some issues with MAGIX Edit Pro software and find Cyberlink PowerDirecter petty unreliable, has anyone got any positive solutions/experiences with other software packages? It for my Gopro video and I use a Windows 8.1 Pro Dell Vospro 8GB RAM with 64-bit OS laptop.

I've used Corel Video Studio and Power Director (v16 and 17) and like both. I switched from Corel after it refused to read the MP4s out of a my Panasonic camera and started to crash while rendering...for no reason I could find. PowerDirector has worked well for me after I turned off the use of shadow/preview files and set the preview to a level that would display without lagging. The shadow/preview files could have been my issue with Corel also but I have not gone back to re-try. You don't say what you mean by "unreliable" but, if you are using preview/shadow files, if that is an option with MAGIX, you might try turning that off to see what happens. Both Corel and PD have pluses and minuses and I have seen that MAGIX is pretty well regarded too. Each has a trial period so they may be worth a try. The gold standard, of course, is Adobe but it tends to be a bit more expensive (also has a trial).

You don't mention what files you are trying to manipulate but you can push you performance needs pretty hard with a what a GoPro can produce. The higher the resolution and the higher the frame rate, the more horsepower you will need. I would suspect your combination of CPU, Memory and GPU are limiting what you can do. Of course that can be said of pretty much any hardware combo! However, 8GB of memory is not a lot when it comes to video processing and I'd guess the graphics adapter on the laptop is not super. Though it tends to be less important than CPU/Memory overall.

By the way, I also used a laptop for editing GoPro and other footage. I ended up building a desktop system as the laptop would shut down due to over heating when rendering videos if they were long enough. Desktops handle the heat much better and I was able to shorten the render times.

Last edited:
You can use the video editing software kinemaster pro mod apk at techbigs.com/kinemaster.html, this is a professional video editing software by many people.

Last edited:

I think that the recommendation to use DaVinci Resolve (now 18) remains a good one. It's very powerful and its free. There is a paid version, but if you're asking here, you are unlikely to need to paid version.

The other popular option is Adobe Premiere. It's also very powerful and it there are countless tutorials on how to use it and products that integrate with it. The big drawback is the subscription price. Adobe has made things reasonable for photographers (with Lightroom and Photoshop available together for something like $12/month), but not for videographers. I haven't checked the pricing in a while, but I think Premiere by itself is something like $25/month and if you want to marry it with Photoshop and After Effects, you're looking at $50/month. You could argue that it is still a good deal if you use a lot of Adobe products, but it's a lot of money.

There are a lot of basic video packages out there, like Premiere Elements, that are cheaper and simpler, but I don't know anything about them. There are also some other packages used by movie studios. But for mainstream videographers that want to do more than very basic editing, I think that Resolve and Premiere dominate the market.

As for me, I've used Premiere for more than a decade now. I like it, but I'm in the process of switching to Resolve. I plan to drop my Adobe subscription from their full Creative Cloud down to their Photographer subscription and save about 30/month. So far, Resolve seems OK. Most of the things I don't like aren't worse than Premiere, they are just different and it's another learning curve to climb. It also feels a little less stable, but if you use any video editing package, you learn to save very, very, very often because they all crash at times.

I use DaVinci Resolve, it's poweful and free, but it has a learning curve.
other software include Filmora, PowerDirector, VSDC, and Shotcut.
This article may cab help you a lot: pctechtest.com/best-video-editing-software

I'd recommend using Movavi. I have been using it since last year, and it's very smooth. The UI is straight-up easy to navigate and has a lot of features to use. I like its automated features like color correction, background removal, and transitions, making the process faster and easier. See this page to read more about its features.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!