**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So the majority of the rides are open but no regular meet and greets during the VAH only characters during DAH?
yes but it's questionable whether they will have regular meet and greets this year - they specifically say no VILLAIN meet and greets but the number of attractions is up to over 25 from over 20 last year I believe, and that may be due to them having regular M&G open. we'll have to wait and see though I think.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I thought I read from older reviews.

I bought tickets for Feb 14th the day they were released but now regular AH have been released that would fit much better with my plans. The tickets say non refundable but is there a way I could change them?

I bought tickets for Feb 14th the day they were released but now regular AH have been released that would fit much better with my plans. The tickets say non refundable but is there a way I could change them?

I know I've read at least 2 different posts somewhere (might be on another board) where people were able to call and have their VAH tickets switched regular AH tickets since the new/additional dates were released the other day. It's worth a phone call to ask.

I started packing for next weekend and came across the VAH map from August, I forgot it was still in my carry on. Not sure how helpful it will be for the next round but here it is for people who didn’t go last time and are curious. Sorry for the two showing up sideways.

3E319EE2-F389-43FA-827D-2BECEF7F90E6.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E89E667-191D-4924-85AE-28E6B38C59C8.jpeg
    1E89E667-191D-4924-85AE-28E6B38C59C8.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 37
  • B653C411-4ADC-497D-B264-F0052CB21890.jpeg
    B653C411-4ADC-497D-B264-F0052CB21890.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 5C257944-AA72-4A90-B745-370B8D24041E.jpeg
    5C257944-AA72-4A90-B745-370B8D24041E.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 32

I know I've read at least 2 different posts somewhere (might be on another board) where people were able to call and have their VAH tickets switched regular AH tickets since the new/additional dates were released the other day. It's worth a phone call to ask.

yes. I was able to call and have it changed from VAH to regular DAH. Took maybe 10 minutes.

What happens if I upgrade to an AP during my visit? Would I get a refund for AP price if event already took place but on same trip? I want to wait and see that my 11 years old still love Disney as much as they have in the past. :)

I just called and it was super easy to change. Whilst we would have loved villains the Monday regular AH will just fit our schedule better.

What happens if I upgrade to an AP during my visit? Would I get a refund for AP price if event already took place but on same trip? I want to wait and see that my 11 years old still love Disney as much as they have in the past. :)
Don't think so.

How far in advance does this “sell out”?
Or does it?

People have said a few times in the thread now that there's no way to answer this. This is still a very new event and we literally only have one year of data to go by, when the event was introduced as a limited time offering this past summer 2019. It only ran for three months and iirc it sold out twice, the first and last dates day of. But there is just no way to extrapolate anything about next year from that limited data set. There will be many more dates in 2020 for a much longer stretch, and VAH will run concurrent with regular DAH in MK. That wasn't the case this summer, where it replaced regular DAH.

As always, the best thing to do imo if you absolutely know you want to do something is just lock it down when you can.

People have said a few times in the thread now that there's no way to answer this. This is still a very new event and we literally only have one year of data to go by, when the event was introduced as a limited time offering this past summer 2019. It only ran for three months and iirc it sold out twice, the first and last dates day of. But there is just no way to extrapolate anything about next year from that limited data set. There will be many more dates in 2020 for a much longer stretch, and VAH will run concurrent with regular DAH in MK. That wasn't the case this summer, where it replaced regular DAH.

As always, the best thing to do imo if you absolutely know you want to do something is just lock it down when you can.
Thanks - I think I will wait a little bit.

I think given past history it is unlikely to sell out and you will be safe waiting. with 2 AH events a week I'm hoping crowds won't be too bad
I am hoping this as well. I am thinking that only those who really want the villains theme will pay extra for the villains version.

there seems a lot less interest in VAH than regular DAH here on the boards. Wondering if it will mean actually LOWER crowds now that it's no longer a short-term novelty. hm.

I thought that too based on board activity prior to last summer’s run - just didn’t seem to be all that much chatter about it. I was half way thinking it may be a dud event. But they were reported to be pretty crowded! Villains and Star Wars people - they’re everywhere! 😂

I bet things pick up once we get closer to real dates.

I thought that too based on board activity prior to last summer’s run - just didn’t seem to be all that much chatter about it. I was half way thinking it may be a dud event. But they were reported to be pretty crowded! Villains and Star Wars people - they’re everywhere! 😂

I bet things pick up once we get closer to real dates.
hope not! especially with many people choosing the regular events offered the same week. Wasn't it offered INSTEAD of DAH over the summer so anyone who wanted to do an after hours had no other choice? AH at MK was a once a week event and only the Villains option was available for 10 weeks? Hoping that offering people the choice will even out the crowds a bit between the two after hours events, and expanding it from 10 events to 28 will make it less of a novelty! I'm sure there are plenty of Villains people but there also seemed to be plenty who got "stuck" with that option and would have preferred the regular event but didn't have that option who will this time around!

Last edited:
hope not! especially with many people choosing the regular events offered the same week. Wasn't it offered INSTEAD of DAH over the summer so anyone who wanted to do an after hours had no other choice? AH at MK was a once a week event and only the Villains option was available for 10 weeks? Hoping that offering people the choice will even out the crowds a bit between the two after hours events, and expanding it from 10 events to 28 will make it less of a novelty! I'm sure there are plenty of Villains people but there also seemed to be plenty who got "stuck" with that option and would have preferred the regular event but didn't have that option who will this time around!

All good points!

Frankly I’m still surprised at the amount of DAHs and VAHs all running at the same time - seems like a lot and would be hard to market/sell each one without confusion, but what do I know?!? Lol.

All good points!

Frankly I’m still surprised at the amount of DAHs and VAHs all running at the same time - seems like a lot and would be hard to market/sell each one without confusion, but what do I know?!? Lol.
Disney hates a nickel because it's not a dime. It is like them to assume that demand is endless and if they run it, guests will shell out for it... and to some extent they will I'm sure, but I'm hoping that spreading the crowds over two events a week where people have the choice of which event they prefer will make the crowds at VAH a bit more like a typical AH event since the only people who will pay the premium are those who care about the villains.

I do think at least some of the crowding issue at the other events were that plenty of people booked it because it was the only AH option and then plenty of OTHER people that would not have booked a typical AH event booked it because it was Villains. This time around there is a mechanism for splitting those people into two separate events. I do think they got a fair number of complaints by regular AH people who did not like the extra expense and crowds of the villains events - they felt like they paid more and got less (and in some respects they did if they were only there for rides and spent a lot of time in line for them.)

I'm only in the villains event because of scheduling but I won't be complaining if crowds are higher than my last AH event, because my expectations are realistic, but that doesn't mean I'm not hoping that having two events and a choice won't alleviate that crowding! I do think to charge what they do (which is more than any of the holiday parties but for fewer special things - no parade, no special fireworks, no special character M&Gs) they have to keep the crowds low - as that is the main appeal of the event - and I'm hoping that was the motivation behind adding events and not that they were hoping that all events will be packed to the gills. but I will be watching with interest, I am going February 21st so not the first first but one of the first!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter