**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Yeah, we love DAH...worth every penny. But Villians won't be worth it if we have to wait in line.
I have been to 3 VAH, and 2 DAH at the Magic Kingdom. Aside from the extra Villains theming, I honestly haven't observed much difference.

If we weren't interested in the villains photos, treats, parade, and stage show during VAH, we would most likely have done the exact same number of rides that we had ridden during a regular ol' DAH.

All 3 VAH had drastically less people than any MNSSHP or MVMCP that I have attended. Attendance didn't seem much different from other DAH events.

The biggest difference is that people congregate on Main St, and in front of the castle for the DJ, parade, and stage show during VAH.

May 22 VAH (my date) now showing "No Longer Available" on Disney's website as of this morning... my tickets disappeared (again) off of MDX a few days ago... guess it's time for the refund watch.

We are going in June and there is a date for June 19th, our arrival date. I'm hoping that if Disney is open, they will keep the VAH!

That blog post was a little inconclusive to me. While I have no reason to doubt it, the way it’s worded is weird. Although they certainly could be planning to cancel them all, who knows.
But the final event is July 10, when I have my tickets, and I would think if they're canceling all of them they'd just go all the way to the final VAH instead of stopping days before.

But the final event is July 10, when I have my tickets, and I would think if they're canceling all of them they'd just go all the way to the final VAH instead of stopping days before.

That’s why I’m suspicious of that vaguely worded blog post. One would think if there really were mass cancellations for dates past the current ones in May we’d be seeing some real reports around here.

Did anyone see this? According to this blog, Disney cancelled After Hours through July 6th. I have Villains tickets on June 5th, but haven't received a cancellation email.

https://magicoftomorrow.info/index....ins-after-hours-event-cancelled-through-july/
The thing is, after reading it again and finding another story online mentioning this blog post, it look like it's just the July 6 event. I have July 10 and have not received an email. It could be that just that one event was cancelled, but it's odd since it shows it still available on the ticket purchase page so people could still buy tickets for this date if they wanted. I feel like they would have made them all unavailable if they were canceling them since this was from last week. They've had plenty of time to make changes to the site, and since we haven't heard anything direct from Disney this just seems weird to me.

The thing is, after reading it again and finding another story online mentioning this blog post, it look like it's just the July 6 event. I have July 10 and have not received an email. It could be that just that one event was cancelled, but it's odd since it shows it still available on the ticket purchase page so people could still buy tickets for this date if they wanted. I feel like they would have made them all unavailable if they were canceling them since this was from last week. They've had plenty of time to make changes to the site, and since we haven't heard anything direct from Disney this just seems weird to me.

Right now all we really know is 1 person received a cancellation email for July 6 that references the event being cancelled due to the temporary closure. Several online outlets took that to mean all VAH were being cancelled. No reason to believe that at this time given everything is the same for booking on Disney's website. Without more evidence than 1 email to 1 person, I can't help but think it was an error of some sorts.

Right now all we really know is 1 person received a cancellation email for July 6 that references the event being cancelled due to the temporary closure. Several online outlets took that to mean all VAH were being cancelled. No reason to believe that at this time given everything is the same for booking on Disney's website. Without more evidence than 1 email to 1 person, I can't help but think it was an error of some sorts.
Oh, I'm aware, I just find it odd is all. Reading more of their post they state getting an email a few weeks before WDW closed canceling their March VAH, I had a VAH booked for the end of March and never received an email I just got my money back about a week or so after the closure. Of course this does get my anxiety up since I have a July trip, which I'm already aware might not happen due to the closure, but I've been trying to hold out hope that the parks will be open in some capacity by then. If it's just them canceling VAH due to trying to save money/staffing, I'm fine with that (I want to go, but it's not a deal breaker for my trip), but if they're already preparing to be closed in July I'm just kinda sad (and really hoping this blog post means nothing).

Over this past weekend I moved my June trip to July due to the airline cancelling / changing our flights. When I called Disney to move my June 19th tickets to July 10th for VAH they did it with no problems what so ever. I would like to think that if they were planning on cancelling the rest of the events the CM would have just told me instead of changing my tickets.

To be fair, we don't really know that they received a cancellation email for July 6. The date isn't on the email--so it could have been for one of the April dates. I'm hoping to get a refund for my June dates instead of credit for a future event, so I'm hoping they cancel them soon (if they are cancelling).

I kind of want to BUY a ticket for a mid-June date. I was supposed to go in March but Disney shut down before my dates. I want to try again before there's no chance for me to VAH. If it gets cancelled I'll just be refunded again, right?

I kind of want to BUY a ticket for a mid-June date. I was supposed to go in March but Disney shut down before my dates. I want to try again before there's no chance for me to VAH. If it gets cancelled I'll just be refunded again, right?

Yes, they have been refunding guests for those impacted by cancellations.

That's what I figured. People were saying it was dumb of me to book for June because "of course" it won't be open by then, but to me there's no harm in it. If it gets cancelled, I get a refund. Even Delta would let me change my flight so that's nbd.

I see no harm in it if you’re prepared for travel if they are open. I have lots of things booked for June that may or may not happen. :-)

You never know when Disney might opt to give refunds on a gift card vs original form of payment, I guess that’s one possible remote downside (or it would be for us, at least), but seems unlikely.

But otherwise seems legit to me.

I see no harm in it if you’re prepared for travel if they are open. I have lots of things booked for June that may or may not happen. :-)

You never know when Disney might opt to give refunds on a gift card vs original form of payment, I guess that’s one possible remote downside (or it would be for us, at least), but seems unlikely.

But otherwise seems legit to me.
If I do get a gift card, that'd be okay still. I'd put it towards an AP for 2021 haha. Our companies (mine & my husband's) are encouraging everyone to use PTO so they don't have everyone take off the entire month of December. I feel like, at least if I go to Disney between now & August, I know what'll be open and what won't, vs going to a beach town that doesn't want my potential germs and might not be open yet.

Does anyone have any speculation if they will extend Villains After Hours? We're scheduled to come in 7/16. I know they had it until the end of July last year because we did it July 26th before our cruise. Just wondering if we should factor the tickets into our budget.

Does anyone have any speculation if they will extend Villains After Hours? We're scheduled to come in 7/16. I know they had it until the end of July last year because we did it July 26th before our cruise. Just wondering if we should factor the tickets into our budget.
I feel like if they were going to extend they would have already done it. Last year I feel like they didn't add dates, it wasn't like DAH where they do roll outs. Of course we can't easily speculate right about any of this stuff, it's hard enough to know if they'll even be open in July at this point.

I feel like if they were going to extend they would have already done it. Last year I feel like they didn't add dates, it wasn't like DAH where they do roll outs. Of course we can't easily speculate right about any of this stuff, it's hard enough to know if they'll even be open in July at this point.
My problem is we are staying 7 days in August and wanted to go to the parks 6 days. I got the 4 park magic ticket then planned to buy AH tickets for AK and MK to just go at night. I wonder if I can change that ticket to a 6 day ticket if they will not have AH? I wish they would send out some information on what they may do. I know it’s hard to tell with this coronavirus, but they could give us some information on what possible plans they have.

My problem is we are staying 7 days in August and wanted to go to the parks 6 days. I got the 4 park magic ticket then planned to buy AH tickets for AK and MK to just go at night. I wonder if I can change that ticket to a 6 day ticket if they will not have AH? I wish they would send out some information on what they may do. I know it’s hard to tell with this coronavirus, but they could give us some information on what possible plans they have.
I completely understand the frustration! I had VAH booked for my March trip that I obviously didn’t get to do, and they don’t have any for my now twice rescheduled trip in August. There is a MNSSHP while I’m there but it’s just not the same. I’m sure you can buy an extra ticket (of course call and ask because I could be completely wrong).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter