Villas at Kidani vs Lodge

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
Quick question regarding the villas at Kidani vs in the main Lodge.

We've only stayed at Kidani but I'm considering booking two savannah view villas in the main Lodge pre Disney cruise for three nights. For the first time we will not be visiting the parks, we want to relax and enjoy the resort itself and we'd be closer to the restaurants.

I heard the rooms at the Lodge are older so not sure if they are showing wear and tear. Would love to hear your opinions on which would be best to book. I'm actually hoping to get us rooms at BCV but my 7 month window won't hit until March and I want to have a plan B already in place since it's tough to get into BCV if not my home resort.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani, and love them both. AK is a beautiful resort with a very relaxing vibe, but still plenty to do. The animal viewing is awesome. The convenience of Mara and Boma at Jambo as well as a larger gift shop are plusses at Jambo. But the walk from Kidani to Jambo has never been a problem for us. Since you are not going to the parks, the bus service won't matter to you, unless you want to go to Downtown Disney, in which case the bus stops first at Jambo. Both pools are great. Good luck with your decision!

Quick question regarding the villas at Kidani vs in the main Lodge.

We've only stayed at Kidani but I'm considering booking two savannah view villas in the main Lodge pre Disney cruise for three nights. For the first time we will not be visiting the parks, we want to relax and enjoy the resort itself and we'd be closer to the restaurants.

I heard the rooms at the Lodge are older so not sure if they are showing wear and tear. Would love to hear your opinions on which would be best to book. I'm actually hoping to get us rooms at BCV but my 7 month window won't hit until March and I want to have a plan B already in place since it's tough to get into BCV if not my home resort.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just keep in mind the kidani villas are a bit larger, and the kidani 1br/2br villas have an extra bathroom (2 in a 1br/ 3 in a 2 br).

JH villas are converted hotel rooms. So the one bedroom or larger bathroom does not have a separate shower and tub. The jetted tub has the shower in the tub.

What size villa were you planning on booking?

If you want to try Jambo - why not? But if you really want Kidani, I can tell you that they run a free continuous shuttle van from front door to door that we used regularly this summer. Even if it is raining you won't get wet because it goes from directly in front under the port cochere. There are pros and cons to both and no one decision is better than the other. I found my savannah view one bedroom at kidani to be outstanding - it was huge. I could have lived there. And, my kids love the community hall at Kidani. On the other hand, I miss the counter service location at Kidani (which depending on your syle, you may not). I guess I wasn't helpful because I am not really sure which I would recommend - only you can't go wrong either way.

JH villas are converted hotel rooms. So the one bedroom or larger bathroom does not have a separate shower and tub. The jetted tub has the shower in the tub.

What size villa were you planning on booking?

Planning on a studio for my SIL, BIL and niece. My immediate family along with my sister's will share a 2 bedroom.

If you want to try Jambo - why not? But if you really want Kidani, I can tell you that they run a free continuous shuttle van from front door to door that we used regularly this summer. Even if it is raining you won't get wet because it goes from directly in front under the port cochere. There are pros and cons to both and no one decision is better than the other. I found my savannah view one bedroom at kidani to be outstanding - it was huge. I could have lived there. And, my kids love the community hall at Kidani. On the other hand, I miss the counter service location at Kidani (which depending on your syle, you may not). I guess I wasn't helpful because I am not really sure which I would recommend - only you can't go wrong either way.

Yes, quite the dilemma. I ended up booking us at Kidani since that's where Community Hall is located. The other element that swayed me is the fact that they have the water play area at Kidani as well. Then again there are the concierge rooms at Jambo....!:confused3

We have stayed in both. We prefer Kidani villas and parking and Jambo's lobby and store. We are equally happy at either pool. They are close enough to walk to either for restaurants. A savannah view is a great way to enjoy a non park trip.

Our preference is to stay in Kidani and visit Jambo.

I think Kidani is the better way to go. I prefer the villas and parking at Kidani. The walk has always been no problem for us and we've even taking the free shuttle once or twice. If you are going during the warmer months and want to swim, I think the pool is much better at Kidani than at Jambo. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Our family of 5 prefers Jambo. We like the hotel ambiance and think the rooms are great. We like being in the thick of things there. We have stayed in one bedrooms and two bedroom lock offs and found the bathroom situation for both to not be a problem. One thing we really like about Jambo House is that we know for certain we will be on a higher floor since all rooms are on the fifth floor and this is always our preference. All this said, you can't really go wrong with either one and they are easily traveled between.

One thing we really like about Jambo House is that we know for certain we will be on a higher floor since all rooms are on the fifth floor and this is always our preference.

I would actually prefer to be in on a lower floor for a savanna view. The higher view can have trees in the way of the view. I also think the 3rd bathroom in the Kidani 2 bedroom is a big plus.

Kidani also has dedicated two bedroom villas with two queen beds in the second bedroom. Jambo House only has lockoffs, so the second bedroom has one queen and one double sleeper sofa.

lions1995 said:
I would actually prefer to be in on a lower floor for a savanna view. The higher view can have trees in the way of the view. I also think the 3rd bathroom in the Kidani 2 bedroom is a big plus.

We prefer the higher floor in any hotel, not just AKL. I just like the guarantee of the higher floor in Jambo. But, we have never had any issues with blocked views. (Not that it isn't a possibility, we just haven't had it happen to us.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter