Villas at Wilderness Lodge

maddiemom

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran/DVC member<br><font c
We are going "Home" for the first time in 9 days and were wondering if someone could give us advice on which # room or area of the building we should request. We have a 2 bedroom and a studio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can't give you any advice, but I hope you have a great trip!!!

Hmmm.... We made our first trip home in July, so my experience is very limited. But my observations were that, though there are different views to be had, I don't think there are any truly spectacular or horrible views. We had a very lovely view of the woods (we were on the fifth floor, but I can't remember the room #). We had a bit of a walk from the elevator, but we never mind walking anywhere at WDW. Next time (whenever that is), I think I'll ask for a pool view. Not because I think it's a fantastic view, just to try something different. But my understanding is that the VWL pool is closed for unknown reasons right now. And I don't think anyone has been able to find out when the pool is scheduled to re-open. Sorry I can't be more specific and helpful, but I honestly think you'll be fine wherever your room is. With all the sadness we've had in the past couple of weeks, I think the timing of your trip couldn't be better. Enjoy yourselves!!!

MinnieMe2 is right.

Nearly all views are woods views (quite appropriate for a Wilderness Lodge) and a small percentage overlook the quiet pool with a glimpse of Bay Lake.

The only suggestion I would have would be to ask for a room above the first floor. The first floor has patio areas surrounded by bushes and not much view of anything else but the landscaping (which is beautiful, of course). All rooms above the first floor have balconies.

I haven't stayed at VWL but this is what I remember from my visit.

Have a great trip!

I read earlier on these boards that room #4533 (a studio) does not have a balcony. I really enjoy the balconies, so that would be a concern for me.

Forget the view and ask for a room near the elevator!!!!! Actually the rooms nearer the elevator have a nice view, we had the room all the way at the end of the hall, and I mean all the way, the last possible room you can have. Some people don't mind the walk but it is H**L after a few days, especially if you go in and out of your room a few times a day.
Have a great time, the VWL are wonderful

We were in 1537 in mid august. The patio was fine.. Looked out to the pines
and it was very peaceful. It was a very short stroll to the quiet pool
which was open then. Also close to the exercise room which was excellent.

The room was a studio and became a bit cramped with wife and I and two
young adult daughters. Next time I'm in a one bedroom at least.

You would never know that you were a short ride by ferry, bus , or car
from the hubbub of the furor.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter