VIP for Aulani Luau

If you don’t drink and don’t have kids the value in the VIP is diminished. In your situation I think it will depend on the value you place on the better seating, and quicker food service. How annoyed are you going to be waiting 30 mins after the buffet starts to get your meal? And, if you don’t have a great view is that going to ruin the night for you?

As an adult with no children the VIP at Paradise Cove is far better. We had better seats (the royal box is higher, covered, and had fans), has adult involvement, and the food is brought to you.

I can’t say how I’d feel if I had children. Aulani is the only place you’re going to see Mickey and Minnie doing the hula!

Paradise Cove had other nice touches, like presenting our entry photos as a gift at the end. At Aulani they came round and tried to sell them during the meal which I found quite rude.

Someone else might be able to confirm this, but as the luau is booked through an external company (Pleasant Activities) I don’t think you can use the gift cards.
You should be able to for other resort dining.

I just purchased luau tickets and the receipt is from an outside company. I was feeling lazy as I usually buy discounted Disney gift cards for any large purchase. I decided to just charge the tickets and use cc rewards to pay. Glad I didnt go out and buy $800 of gc for this since I highly doubt they would have been acceptable payment. I hope we can use gift cards for the regular restaurants and stores there.

Well, what a Luau. We got very front left table at the front of the table, so an unobstructed view. The Luau was great as was the food. Would recommend to anyone who has not experienced a Luau. On our next trip we will try different Luau to compare!

Well, what a Luau. We got very front left table at the front of the table, so an unobstructed view. The Luau was great as was the food. Would recommend to anyone who has not experienced a Luau. On our next trip we will try different Luau to compare!
Glad to hear you liked it. I’ve been to the Luau at the Aulani 3 times now and it’s been absolutely great each time. Many of the actors work separate roles in the hotel as well and the “brother” from the luau helped me check out last time I was there.

Hi we are a family of four, with two boys - but they will be 13 & 16, so not interested in the kids activities and obviously not old enough to have the alcoholic beverages! They would still have to pay full adult price, so I’m just wondering if people would consider this the best luau for us or should we consider Paradise Cove?

We’ve been to Aulani once before in 2015 and watched the Starlit Hui - the boys again weren’t overly bothered by it, but I just wondered, (from those who have down both), if this was a much better event for all ages?

Many thanks for any thoughts

We did too....as a matter of fact, I just purchased our tickets for the end of May....as a birthday present to myself! It will be my 58th birthday and I'm going to a luau in Hawaii. Life is good!
Good for you! That sounds like the perfect birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!