VIP Tour?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the VIP Tour before? I was considering it, although the price made my mouth fall open. It would be the most expensive thing I've ever bought for such a short amount of time. I can afford it sort of, would just require some saving. I was thinking of doing it for one day because this is a surprise birthday trip for my boyfriend. It'll be both of our first time there and probably for a very long time if ever that we return. We are going during President's Day week, which I've been reading can be really crowded. I'll only be in the parks 2 and a half days. So I was thinking of doing it either the second day or the third day. It seems like it would allow us to get on all the rides without really waiting? But there seems to be a lot of rides without fast pass so I'm not sure if this would be a huge waste of money?

Has anyone done the VIP Tour before? I was considering it, although the price made my mouth fall open. It would be the most expensive thing I've ever bought for such a short amount of time. I can afford it sort of, would just require some saving. I was thinking of doing it for one day because this is a surprise birthday trip for my boyfriend. It'll be both of our first time there and probably for a very long time if ever that we return. We are going during President's Day week, which I've been reading can be really crowded. I'll only be in the parks 2 and a half days. So I was thinking of doing it either the second day or the third day. It seems like it would allow us to get on all the rides without really waiting? But there seems to be a lot of rides without fast pass so I'm not sure if this would be a huge waste of money?

The non fast pass rides are let in through an exit instead of fast pass return lines. I have a list of all that is included. I think your plan sounds great, except I would do it on your first day so you can be familiar with the park there after. I haven't done the tour yet, but I'm booked for December and I'm super excited about it!

The non fast pass rides are let in through an exit instead of fast pass return lines. I have a list of all that is included. I think your plan sounds great, except I would do it on your first day so you can be familiar with the park there after. I haven't done the tour yet, but I'm booked for December and I'm super excited about it!
I would do it on the first day, but I won't be getting into the park until 3ish depending on the flight and how long it takes us to get there. I figured for that day we'd had a more leisure pace and have dining at the Blue Bayou. I was leaning more towards my second day that way we know what we'd have to do on our last day.

When you booked did you call and tell them which day you wanted? How far in advance can I book this? The dining is only through November, but you mentioned you're going in December so is this something I could book now for February?

I would do it on the first day, but I won't be getting into the park until 3ish depending on the flight and how long it takes us to get there. I figured for that day we'd had a more leisure pace and have dining at the Blue Bayou. I was leaning more towards my second day that way we know what we'd have to do on our last day.

When you booked did you call and tell them which day you wanted? How far in advance can I book this? The dining is only through November, but you mentioned you're going in December so is this something I could book now for February?

You can book the tour up to six months prior. Yes, I just called and then a coordinator reaches out to figure out how you'd like your day to go.

I haven't done the tour yet, but I'm booked for December and I'm super excited about it!
Do you choose items from that list ahead of time or do you choose the day of while you are on the tour? I know rides are always going down so it has to be flexible, but I am wondering if I gave a list ahead of time of rides that we don't want to go on, if that would make the process smoother.

You can book the tour up to six months prior. Yes, I just called and then a coordinator reaches out to figure out how you'd like your day to go.
Perfect! So I was thinking of doing the dessert party for World of Color. Could I just schedule my 6 hours to go at the end of the day and then they find a good place for me to view this instead of doing the dessert party? Are you having them coordinate any shows for you?

Not to discourage you if you REALLY want to do the VIP tour, but....
If I were you, I would just go with MaxPass (currently sitting at $10/pp/pd) and tour the parks at your own pace. You'll save a LOT of money and still be able to do a lot of rides. Many of the "non-FP" rides can be knocked out in the first couple hours or so of park opening or the last hour of the day. With good FP utilization (which can be done through MaxPass), you can get quite a few of those FP rides knocked out over the two days you're there. Plus you get free PhotoPass.

A lot of people see the value of the VIP tours, but I'm just not one of them. Especially if it might be a bit of a stretch (which it would be for us!). I think if you research rides and the map and get a general sense of things before you go, you'll have a very enjoyable trip. But, if you really have to do VIP, it's a fun once-in-a-lifetime splurge. Again, not to discourage you if you really want to do it - just giving you some things to think about! This is the advice I would give to my family/friends, so just wanted to pass it along to you!:flower:

Not to discourage you if you REALLY want to do the VIP tour, but....
If I were you, I would just go with MaxPass (currently sitting at $10/pp/pd) and tour the parks at your own pace. You'll save a LOT of money and still be able to do a lot of rides. Many of the "non-FP" rides can be knocked out in the first couple hours or so of park opening or the last hour of the day. With good FP utilization (which can be done through MaxPass), you can get quite a few of those FP rides knocked out over the two days you're there. Plus you get free PhotoPass.

A lot of people see the value of the VIP tours, but I'm just not one of them. Especially if it might be a bit of a stretch (which it would be for us!). I think if you research rides and the map and get a general sense of things before you go, you'll have a very enjoyable trip. But, if you really have to do VIP, it's a fun once-in-a-lifetime splurge. Again, not to discourage you if you really want to do it - just giving you some things to think about! This is the advice I would give to my family/friends, so just wanted to pass it along to you!:flower:
Thanks! It is really expensive so it's not something I can choose to do without serious consideration. I've never spent that much in such a short amount of time before. The only reason I'm considering it is because this will probably be the only time we go to Disneyland and it's for my boyfriend's 40th which is a big birthday so I'm trying to go all out for him. I actually bought tickets with MaxPass so that was the original plan before I stumbled on this.

We enjoy VIP tours and used one for my nieces 16th birthday yesterday. While we had used Maxpass the day before, we got so much more done on tour. And Maxpass doesn't have access to non-FP rides or seating to nighttime shows. (We did Fantasmic!)

Thanks! It is really expensive so it's not something I can choose to do without serious consideration. I've never spent that much in such a short amount of time before. The only reason I'm considering it is because this will probably be the only time we go to Disneyland and it's for my boyfriend's 40th which is a big birthday so I'm trying to go all out for him. I actually bought tickets with MaxPass so that was the original plan before I stumbled on this.

Completely understand wanting it to be special! In any case, hope you have a magical trip! :)

We enjoy VIP tours and used one for my nieces 16th birthday yesterday. While we had used Maxpass the day before, we got so much more done on tour. And Maxpass doesn't have access to non-FP rides or seating to nighttime shows. (We did Fantasmic!)

Which is where the dining packages come into play (front and center seating is available for F! with the BB and RBT/CO dining packages).

Which is where the dining packages come into play (front and center seating is available for F! with the BB and RBT/CO dining packages).
Except we didn't have to dine where they didn't want to dine, and we didn't have to line up early (showed up 10 mins prior), and we had chairs. But yes, you can also do the dining package and MaxPass.

And while FP was down yesterday, between 530 and 830, the girls rode Monster's After Dark 3x, Screamin' 2x, Toy Story, Soarin', Grizzly 2x, Monster's Inc, and Heimlick's Chew Chew.

The early part of the tour was spent in DL where they hit all the big rides, a few in Fantasyland, and had lunch. They got a lot more done than the prior day when we just had MaxPass.

Except we didn't have to dine where they didn't want to dine, and we didn't have to line up early (showed up 10 mins prior), and we had chairs. But yes, you can also do the dining package and MaxPass.

And while FP was down yesterday, between 530 and 830, the girls rode Monster's After Dark 3x, Screamin' 2x, Toy Story, Soarin', Grizzly 2x, Monster's Inc, and Heimlick's Chew Chew.

The early part of the tour was spent in DL where they hit all the big rides, a few in Fantasyland, and had lunch. They got a lot more done than the prior day when we just had MaxPass.
To have the night time show included do you schedule your tour to start later in the day? I think the only option for me would be World of Color and if I didn't have to do the dessert party I'd do it this way.

No, but we prefer to start later as the mornings are easier to let the girls do rides.

One more question. Is this something you prepay in advance in full or is it collected day of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter