VIP Tours and RotR Discussion

We have a VIP tour booked for February 1 and when I made the booking the cast member on the phone specifically said, "just so you know this tour will not get you to ride ROTR" so they made it very clear before I even asked.
But you still have the ability to get up at the crack of dawn and have a magnificently plaid-clad “VIP” tour guide watch while you frantically scramble to grab a BG on your phone. Definitely worth it to pay thousands of dollars for such an exclusive, luxury experience.

We have our first VIP tour scheduled 4/2. Looking forward to hearing from some of you on how your February and March tours went. I don’t mind having to be in a BG, but it would be nice if the tour could guarantee that you’d get one! Hoping the insanity settles down a bit, but guessing it will ramp up again around spring break. We have our tour scheduled for opening so we can go straight to HS and get our BG. wojld much rather have the tour later in the day, though, to end with fireworks. Hoping we can modify as More info comes along.

We have our first VIP tour scheduled 4/2. Looking forward to hearing from some of you on how your February and March tours went. I don’t mind having to be in a BG, but it would be nice if the tour could guarantee that you’d get one! Hoping the insanity settles down a bit, but guessing it will ramp up again around spring break. We have our tour scheduled for opening so we can go straight to HS and get our BG. wojld much rather have the tour later in the day, though, to end with fireworks. Hoping we can modify as More info comes along.

Unfortunately, the VIP tour does not guarantee you’ll get a boarding group. (not at this time anyway)

We have our first VIP tour scheduled 4/2. Looking forward to hearing from some of you on how your February and March tours went. I don’t mind having to be in a BG, but it would be nice if the tour could guarantee that you’d get one! Hoping the insanity settles down a bit, but guessing it will ramp up again around spring break. We have our tour scheduled for opening so we can go straight to HS and get our BG. world much rather have the tour later in the day, though, to end with fireworks. Hoping we can modify as More info comes along.

We did our tour on 12/28. As I previously posted, we didn't think it was worth paying for the guide to drive us to HS just to get into the lottery. Getting into the park is not difficult, just go with no bags and give yourself at least 30-40 mins. We kept our 1:00 start time and did the following:
  • Buzz light year
  • Mine Train
  • Haunted mansion
  • Pirates
  • Peter Pan
  • Christmas parade
  • toy story mania
  • SDD
  • MFSR
  • Expedition Everest
  • Rocking Roller coaster
  • Frozen
  • Evening Fireworks at MK
  • 30 min food break
I put more value to getting great viewing areas for the parades and fireworks, center spots in MK for the fireworks is amazing as you get a full view of the projections.

We were able to do RotR 2 times on 2 separate days using lyft/uber. Everyone can put there own worth on the value of the guide, but for me to pay at least 45 mins for the guide to pick us up, drive to the park, stand there while we frantically tap our phones to get a BG w/o a guarantee is not a good use of time for me. Plus, once you're in the BG, it can take you anywhere from 30mins to an hour+ to complete the ride.

We did our tour on 12/28. As I previously posted, we didn't think it was worth paying for the guide to drive us to HS just to get into the lottery. Getting into the park is not difficult, just go with no bags and give yourself at least 30-40 mins. We kept our 1:00 start time and did the following:

I like this idea and we may consider it as we learn more about BG going forward. Looks like you went to all 4 parks? That’s awesome! Kind of what we want to do with 4 teens and a 10 year old.

We toured on 12/18 - but decided to do RotR on our own the day before our tour. We got up early (4:30am) for RotR and walked over to HS. By 5:30am the lines were past the ticket sales windows. We managed to get Boarding Group 21, and we were called at 7:40am

Later in the week we got BG# 161 and were called at 8:20pm

If we did this again, I don't think I'd use the guides time to get a BG.

That said, we did get through the following in 7hrs, we had a 1pm start (in the order that we did them):

Magic Kingdom:
Jingle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan
7 Dwarves Mine Train
Space Mountain

Epcot:
Soarin’
Mission Space
Test Track

Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur
Everest
Flight of Passage

Hollywood Studios:
Rockin’ Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog Dash
Smugglers Run

I like this idea and we may consider it as we learn more about BG going forward. Looks like you went to all 4 parks? That’s awesome! Kind of what we want to do with 4 teens and a 10 year old.

It's really not that hard to get a BG and I hate to put a few hundred $ on the table for a lottery, plus the added time to actually do the ride :) I was part of the infamous Jan 2nd IT issues day, everything went wrong and I was able to still get BG 73. We got into the park with 13mins to spare which was cutting it a bit too close, but as long as your in the park you should be good. I'm sure you're reading the BG strategy page and I followed some of the strategies.
4 parks are completely doable as @AndyR just posted as well. We did just over 10 hours as we did the parade and fireworks. Typically, we do 7-8 hours, but the extra time was needed for both the Parade and Fireworks, in addition to the larger holiday crowds making the FP lines longer. The only 2 rides which had alternate entrances were Buzz Lightyear and Haunted mansion. This was b/c the rides were at full capacity so a 3rd entrance is created for VIP tours to skip the FP lines.

It's really not that hard to get a BG and I hate to put a few hundred $ on the table for a lottery, plus the added time to actually do the ride :) I was part of the infamous Jan 2nd IT issues day, everything went wrong and I was able to still get BG 73. We got into the park with 13mins to spare which was cutting it a bit too close, but as long as your in the park you should be good. I'm sure you're reading the BG strategy page and I followed some of the strategies.
4 parks are completely doable as @AndyR just posted as well. We did just over 10 hours as we did the parade and fireworks. Typically, we do 7-8 hours, but the extra time was needed for both the Parade and Fireworks, in addition to the larger holiday crowds making the FP lines longer. The only 2 rides which had alternate entrances were Buzz Lightyear and Haunted mansion. This was b/c the rides were at full capacity so a 3rd entrance is created for VIP tours to skip the FP lines.
This makes a lot of sense and has me rethinking my whole strategy for the week...lol. Thank you!

Just booked Christmas 2020 trip. Hopefully, ROTR will have FP and/or VIP access by then. 🤪

They should be allowed to ride without a boarding group once during the time their at WDW to perform for WDW. They are here longer than candlelight narrators, so I can see not letting them go daily without a boarding group, but once is the polite thing to do.

We had a VIP tour last week and did RotR the same day. We left Beach Club a little after 6 a.m. and walked to the park, were through security and in the park by around 6:30 a.m., and scored BG 48. I was a little worried about how much of the VIP time that would eat up as we were meeting our guide in the park at 8 a.m. and if things went smoothly that group likely would be called during our tour.

After doing most of the big rides in DHS (Smuggler's Run, Slinky, TSMM, RnR, ToT) our BG was called at 10 a.m. and we headed straight to the ride. We made it through the initial queue in only about 15 minutes and were in the middle of the ride when it broke down and we had to exit. They scanned our bands for a recovery entry that could be used at any time during the day (before 6 p.m.) and we headed out having only lost about a half an hour of VIP time.

We did Star Tours and our guide then drove us to AK, where we did FoP, Navi, Safari and Everest. Then we headed back to DHS, redid a few rides (RnR and Smuggler's Run) before our time ran out at 3 p.m. Once we said goodbye to the guide we got right on RotR with no wait and were able to complete the ride.

We have an upcoming VIP tour this spring and my understanding is they cannot get anyone on Rise of the Resistance yet, does anyone have experience with this? Can they guarantee you get in a boarding group at least, whether during your tour time or later in the day?

Every report I have seen says that the guide can do nothing at all to help you get a BG. Hopefully this will change at some point.

We have an upcoming VIP tour this spring and my understanding is they cannot get anyone on Rise of the Resistance yet, does anyone have experience with this? Can they guarantee you get in a boarding group at least, whether during your tour time or later in the day?
merged you to the right thread

At this point, there is no guarantee you will get a BG. We went in late December and had to pull up the app and make our own BG reservations after our MBs had been tapped in to the park. We did get a BG and rode, but, again, there are zero guarantees at this point.

When I was queuing for SR earlier in the week someone had a VIP pass and was refused entry. Very naughty if people have booked vip and told they could get on but then Disney changed their minds.

When I was queuing for SR earlier in the week someone had a VIP pass and was refused entry. Very naughty if people have booked vip and told they could get on but then Disney changed their minds.
That would be an interesting change. VIP has had access to it since opening. And moved onto allowing multiple rides on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!