VIP Tours - worth it?/what r they like? / which park?

locoexw

Earning My Ears
We're going June 17. I've persuaded my DH that he should watch the kids for awhile so I can do this - I'm the theme park junky.

So, should I? What do they involve? Which park should I do?

I have an AP and will be at HRH.

Elaine

BTW, I'm soooo glad I found you all!

If you have a HRH room card, and you are "flying solo" you should be able to breeze through both parks like nobody's business! If time is your major concern the VIP tour might get you just a bit less waiting time, not really worthwhile if time is your only purpose for doing it.
The biggest perk from the position you are in would be the "behind the scenes" info & privledges and if you are indeed a theme park junkie you know the tour would probably be a great kick.
I've never taken the tours myself, but I plan to one day soon. I'm sure our resident experts will fill in more...
:jester:

Hi

We did a VIP tour at IOA not long after the park had opened.It was absolutely fantastic and worth every cent. It was great being in a group and meeting other people as well.The guides are very knowledgeable about everything and their enthusiasm shines through.

We did a VIP tour on an off peak HHN last October and that was awesome.That night will be long remembered.

On the same holiday we were going to do the VIP tour for IOA again,but cancelled it at the beginning of the holiday as it was too expensive to do that and the HHN one as well.We went to the park the same day we had were going to do the tour,and I would have been devestated at the waste of money the tour would have been as the park was so quiet.We walked on to EVERY ride all day long with no queues.

The cost of the VIP tour is so worth it to jump the queues,but on a quieter day just doesn't justify the cost.

Hope that helps,let me know if I can tell you any more about it:D

Kazzie,

Which show/rides/haunted houses did you get fotl for? Do you remember who your guide was?

TIA

Okay, the VIP tour.

Five Hour Tour-All the rides, priority seating at least one stadium show, and if you are at USF, Terminator and Twister. Also, you get a knowledgable guide to take you through each attraction, helping to tell the story of the attraction, and help with any questions you might have.

IOA-All rides but P-Flyers and One Fish, Sinbad (time permitting). Also, you get a knowledgable guide to take you through each attraction, helping to tell the story of the attraction, and help with any questions you might have.

Eight Hour Tour-Everything you can get to at USF, IOA everything you can get to but P-Flyers and One Fish.

Halloween Horror Nights-All the houses and the Bill and Ted Show and whatever show is in the Animal Stadium.

Annual Holders get a discount-Call 407-363-8295.

Hope this answers all questions. It is worth it.

Hi nhrenee,

For the IOA tour a coupla years ago it was Alex (I believe her 'real' name is Marion),my DS asks lots of questions and likes to be reassured,she was wonderful with him.

For the HHN one we had Chris (female) she was very knowledgable and also very patient with DS.He was scared of the scareactors and she took the time to get one of them to chat with him and show him they were real people! I was surprised that there were several VIP HHN tours that night not just ours.On MIB our group met up with Chris (male) and he seemed to handling his group differently( I preferred our group).I guess some of your experience comes down to how you get on with your guide and other group members.

We had FOTL for all the mazes but the only show we saw was Bill & Ted.On the off-peak night the tour is 4 hours but is more expensive for peak night as the tour is 5 hours but there are more shows and other things open.I remember from reading here that Bogeyman was one of the things not open that night (but no lose from opinions here!)

I can't compare my experience having a VIP tour for HHN as that is the only time I've been But my teens said that on all 4 trips to Orlando that was their favourite thing they'd ever done,so worth the expense for me.

Do you know anything about the different guides and their 'styles'?

I went on Labor Day, 2000, and took the IOA tour. It was worth every dime. I deliberately went on a day that I knew would be crowded, so it would be MORE special!

I had Brad as my tour guide, an almost seven foot tall, bald gentleman who looked like Mr.Clean!! He was incredible. My favorite ride picture were of us on the Jurassic Park River Adventure where Brad sat behind us alone in his row with his arms outstretched like a bird! It was an incredible sight!

Kazzie,
No I don't know anything about any of the guides. I just met an employee who is a VIP tour guide (and rumored to be excellent:D )and wondered if you got her. I think I'd like to do the HHN vip tour, sounds like fun but I hate crowds!

I did the VIP Tour of IOA and I can only second everything that's been said here.

Great people. Great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter