VIP, Villains and Vino With Jen and Joe on the Go New TR Link and this TR is COMPLETE!

We Arrive in Disney and Check into Resort #1...

The drive from St Pete was pretty uneventful and I think we arrived at All-Star Movies before noon and got our room ready text by 12:30. This was a last-minute reservation. We literally only needed a room to sleep and shower in. We had big plans for the evening (we would be out very late) and had to be up super early for even bigger plans the next morning...:D

We spent a good deal of time walking around the resort and filming for our vlog. I had stayed at ASMo years ago with some friends, but this was Joe's first time. I have to say, we were both extremely impressed with the refurbed rooms and the grounds. This resort is adorable, especially the Toy Story section. We were placed in the Fantasia section in a preferred room overlooking the Fantasia pool. It was a great location. I know at some point, we stopped in the food court to get a little snack and were disappointed that the bar was closed because the bartender was on break. Really? There's only 1 person tending the bar on a beautiful March afternoon???? Sigh. Fortunately, this was the only negative we experienced here. Would I stay here again? Yes! Definitely! But, only for a short stay because although the rooms are very well done, they are a little on the small size...For a family of 4, this room may be a little tight...

After walking around, snacking, and freshening up, it was time to head out. We were meeting Todd, Julie, and Gia at The Wave for dinner. Joe and I wanted to get there a little early to try a certain drink at the bar...

Next up...Drinks, Dinner, and as AWESOME DAH EVENT!!!!

CD27C3A2-3A49-4CC3-B5F0-EB9AB2FB4CD3.jpeg109BA6BD-7E46-4A08-82C8-1595F895DE07.jpeg5188386E-189B-45BE-B1A9-7047D4413DE9.jpegC0F4370B-99B6-49C3-827B-1CD2569D4A9F.jpeg29BA8277-C70A-4112-8710-A83E081812F1.jpegC65F3AD5-6F14-4005-91EA-3B5BCBE2CA98.jpeg

We've never stayed at any of the All Stars, but I have to admit they certainly look adorable!! Have you stayed at Pop before?? Just wondering if the All Star room remodels are the same as what they did at Pop.

EDIT: nevermind, LOL!! I see you posted the video :) I'm watching now! Yep, they're exactly the same!

I had never actually watched any of your vlogs until today, mostly because of time (but now I’ve got plenty!!) and OMG Jen you sound a lot like my Aunt!! I’m gonna have to go back and watch more... lol.

The refurbed rooms are super nice. We stayed at POP and honestly until my family outgrows POP, I think that’s where we will stay unless we get a great deal somewhere else. With just me and my husband or my sister there’s no need for a ton of space. And the new mattresses are pretty comfy!

All Star Movies is my favorite value resort. I've had better service there than many of the moderates. I've only stayed in the Toy Story section as my grandkids love the theming. We never spend a lot of time at the resorts, so for the price, it's perfect for a shorter stay.

Your photos are super cute! I wonder when Disney reopens if you'll be able to pose for a picture on RC Racer. I'm curious what will change in that regard.

EDIT: nevermind, LOL!! I see you posted the video :) I'm watching now! Yep, they're exactly the same!
They are super cute, right!!!!

Glad you en joyed your stay at All Star Movies! Love your pics around the resort!
Thank you. It's super cute!!!

I had never actually watched any of your vlogs until today, mostly because of time (but now I’ve got plenty!!) and OMG Jen you sound a lot like my Aunt!! I’m gonna have to go back and watch more... lol.

The refurbed rooms are super nice. We stayed at POP and honestly until my family outgrows POP, I think that’s where we will stay unless we get a great deal somewhere else. With just me and my husband or my sister there’s no need for a ton of space. And the new mattresses are pretty comfy!
Thank you. We have had so much fun filming our Disney adventures!!! We are praying our July and September trips work out!!!
We love Pop and have reservations to stay there in September. The last time we were there was a year ago. The refurbed rooms are adorable!!!!

All Star Movies is my favorite value resort. I've had better service there than many of the moderates. I've only stayed in the Toy Story section as my grandkids love the theming. We never spend a lot of time at the resorts, so for the price, it's perfect for a shorter stay.

Your photos are super cute! I wonder when Disney reopens if you'll be able to pose for a picture on RC Racer. I'm curious what will change in that regard.
We were pleasantly surprised with ASMo. The Toy Story section is my fav for sure.
I'm sure there will be a lot of photo changes...

Thanks for the tour of All Stars. We've never been there and loving all the movie decor. Definitely reminds me of Pop which is the only value resort we've stayed at. The refurbed rooms look great too.

Glad to hear noise wasn't an issue. This was our biggest problem the pop. The walls were so thin we could hear every peep on either side and above us. Of course it didn't help that the child in the room next too us was made to sit outside the room in the middle of the night until they could stop crying. Very helpful for the neighbors. We've stuck to mods and deluxes since then.

Though why in the world is the bar not open in the middle of the day? Disney drinkers gotta drink :drinking1

Having stayed at All Star Music twice now, the most recent trip being in December, I have to say they are definitely not a bad choice but agree might be tight for a family of 4. We had two ladies per room, each with our own bed, and it was perfect for us for a few nights. I like the laid back atmosphere there.

We've only stayed at All Star resorts a couple times and only for one night before moving to another resort, and I agree the theming of Movies (and Sports too) are adorable! Haven't stayed in a refurbed room there so I didn't like the rooms, but I assume they are better now. I also agree at least for our 4 it would be too tight but on the other hand, for people who are only sleeping and showering there it certainly saves $$!

We were suppose to stay 2 nights at AS movie in March😢
The rooms look very similar to the Pop refurb very nice!
I would definitely stay there for part of a vacation!
Toy Story is one of my favorites!

Though why in the world is the bar not open in the middle of the day? Disney drinkers gotta drink :drinking1
Seriously!!!! We were dumbfounded. So, we hopped over to the Contemporary Resort and shared the HUGE 7 Seas Lagoon fishbowl drink. LOL!

Having stayed at All Star Music twice now, the most recent trip being in December, I have to say they are definitely not a bad choice but agree might be tight for a family of 4. We had two ladies per room, each with our own bed, and it was perfect for us for a few nights. I like the laid back atmosphere there.
Yep. I agree. The All Stars are great for 2 people for a few nights.

We've only stayed at All Star resorts a couple times and only for one night before moving to another resort, and I agree the theming of Movies (and Sports too) are adorable! Haven't stayed in a refurbed room there so I didn't like the rooms, but I assume they are better now. I also agree at least for our 4 it would be too tight but on the other hand, for people who are only sleeping and showering there it certainly saves $$!
That's usually what we have done in the past. I like the refurbed rooms cause there's no carpet and they just feel cleaner. LOL!

We were suppose to stay 2 nights at AS movie in March😢
The rooms look very similar to the Pop refurb very nice!
I would definitely stay there for part of a vacation!
Toy Story is one of my favorites!
The Toy Story section is definitely the cutest!!!
I'm so sorry your March trip was canceled. Thank goodness things are starting to open up. DS seems to be successful today from what I'm reading...

I'm a little late and I'm a newcomer.

I'm really enjoying your report so far. I was happy to read that Gia is doing better. My granddaughter is a Gia too.

I'm enjoying the vlog. All Star Movies was the first Disney Resort we ever stayed. I have it booked for a weekend getaway with my youngest in October. I'm looking forward to the refured rooms. We really enjoyed the updated rooms at Pop.

I'm a little late and I'm a newcomer.

I'm really enjoying your report so far. I was happy to read that Gia is doing better. My granddaughter is a Gia too.

I'm enjoying the vlog. All Star Movies was the first Disney Resort we ever stayed. I have it booked for a weekend getaway with my youngest in October. I'm looking forward to the refured rooms. We really enjoyed the updated rooms at Pop.

:welcome:

Thank you so much for joining in!!!
Gia is such a cute name!
We were very impressed with ASMo. The refurbed rooms just feel so clean. And, the decor is super cute.
I love the updated rooms at pop too. We have a reservation there in September.

Madness!! I mean seriously I'd have to stay somewhere else or offer my services as barmaid so the poor server could get their break. They could pay me in cocktails 🍹🍹🍹
Mind you I’m glad you got to The Wave early to get that fishbowl of a drink! It looked awesome!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter