Virgin Atlantic

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
Kudos to Virgin Atlantic, once again I have had excellent customer service from them. I had to cancel a flights booked for next May, I cancelled the flight, got my miles and money refunded, but, sadly, the guy I spoke to failed to tell me I would not be refunded for the exit seats I'd paid for, in a way, my mistake as I'd presumed I would be. Had I known I would have simply waited until Sept 2020 flights were released, as I booked a Disney trip for then and changed dates with no penalty.
I contacted VA and complained about not being informed at the time of cancelling and they just refunded the cost of the exit seats, no arguing or dithering, they could have argued it was my fault for not reading the T&Cs properly. This is why I remain a VA customer and will do, especially after reading horror stories about other airlines.

I flew with Virgin Atlantic for the first time last year (I’m a frequent flyer but their routes never lined up for me before) and I was very impressed by every aspect of the process.

My experience with the call centre was excellent - I was using a combination of miles and money and the rep spent ages with me trying to work out the cheapest combination of my miles, purchasing extra miles, and cash. I was very impressed.

Have to agree with above comments.

As a family we always fly Virgin Atlantic, were members and use there credit card to build up miles, I have nothing but good experiences with Virgin and have flown all over the world with them.

The staff are fantastic and go that extra mile for you.

Have to agree with above comments.

As a family we always fly Virgin Atlantic, were members and use there credit card to build up miles, I have nothing but good experiences with Virgin and have flown all over the world with them.

The staff are fantastic and go that extra mile for you.
Totally agree - we were members of the "Frequent Virgin Holiday Club" back in the 90's then we moved to Canada for 13 years so did not book any holidays with them. On our return to the UK they re-instated our membership so we still get our 10% holiday discount with them. We are also Flying Club members and are collecting our miles. Always found the whole experience with Virgin to be top rate and we to have flown to places other than Orlando with them.

For the first time ever I booked our flights for next year with someone other than Virgin! That unfortunately is Thomas Cook! Needless to say I am now going to book them with Virgin!!

I’m sorry but the flight is just a means of getting from A to B, ok a smiling flight attendant and helping you move travel dates is great, but it’s still just a means to an end. You do pay a premium price to fly with Virgin, if it’s worth it for you great, but for me price rules.

I'm going on a Virgin Holiday to Orlando this December, we've upgraded to Premium and cannot wait to get on board and fully relax. To me it's a big part of the holiday and would never fly with anyone else. Virgin are wonderful.

I’m sorry but the flight is just a means of getting from A to B, ok a smiling flight attendant and helping you move travel dates is great, but it’s still just a means to an end. You do pay a premium price to fly with Virgin, if it’s worth it for you great, but for me price rules.

This.
After my one and only experience with Virgin, I definitely wont pay extra to fly with them again.
I fly a lot thanks to work, and virgin have been one of the worst...

I agree about the price being important; fortunately each time we have flown with VA the prices have come in at an amount I'm happy to pay :) They are my first choice when flying transatlantic - it may be 'a means to an end' but for that length of flight I enjoy the service VA offer on board.

Virgin unloaded our plane around midnight after sitting waiting to take off from Johannesburg airport for two hours.
They gave us our luggage back, handed out some blankets and told us to go and find a bench to sleep on for the night. For a few years I still got Christmas cards from the elderly couple we looked out for that night.

I'm not so impressed by their customer service.

I also don't know how different operationally the different branches of their airline are.

Since the whole TC collapse Virgin tickets for our dates almost trebled. Now their only double. We still haven’t booked. At the moment I’m not impressed!

Prices go up and down all the time. They use a computer model and if sales run ahead of expectation then the prices go up. VA also sometimes go through period of price setting so they can claim price reductions in a sale.

I love Virgin. I've flown with many airlines, UK owned firms and other wise and I've always found Virgin the best. I'm booked for two return flights with them next year and its nice to know that they will be professional hosts and we'll have a nice flight with them. :)

I fly with virgin 99% of the time. I generally like them. Their invisible disability assistance is awesome if I travel with my autistic son.
But, I have a question for regular disney visitors. I can't remember, is there a delay between them issuing a booking conformation number and that number being usable to connect the reservation to MDE? I finally booked a 2020 trip last night, and can't link it to MDE using the booking confirmation. Maybe it just needs me to wait?

I fly with virgin 99% of the time. I generally like them. Their invisible disability assistance is awesome if I travel with my autistic son.
But, I have a question for regular disney visitors. I can't remember, is there a delay between them issuing a booking conformation number and that number being usable to connect the reservation to MDE? I finally booked a 2020 trip last night, and can't link it to MDE using the booking confirmation. Maybe it just needs me to wait?
You cannot link with a booking confirmation number. Tickets & vouchers are printable 31 (off property) or 61 (staying on property) days before the holiday, you can then add ticket codes in to MDE to link it all up.

You cannot link with a booking confirmation number. Tickets & vouchers are printable 31 (off property) or 61 (staying on property) days before the holiday, you can then add ticket codes in to MDE to link it all up.
So, how does that work for ADRS? I KNOW you can add your reservation to MDE before the tickets and vouchers are printable, because you can add your holiday to MDE to make meal reservations at 180+10 - I did so in 2017. Do I need a separate number to do that? (I can't remember)
ETA I rang Virgin, and they say I should be able to link with the confirmation number in (up to) 2 weeks. If there is a problem then, I will ring back, or ring the Disney 0800 number.

So, how does that work for ADRS? I KNOW you can add your reservation to MDE before the tickets and vouchers are printable, because you can add your holiday to MDE to make meal reservations at 180+10 - I did so in 2017. Do I need a separate number to do that? (I can't remember)
ETA I rang Virgin, and they say I should be able to link with the confirmation number in (up to) 2 weeks. If there is a problem then, I will ring back, or ring the Disney 0800 number.
Are you staying at a Disney Resort? Maybe it's different if you are and the res number can be linked. I'm staying at Universal so I just signed up for MDE and will link tickets when they're printable. I can still make ADR's if I wish though without anything linked.

Are you staying at a Disney Resort? Maybe it's different if you are and the res number can be linked. I'm staying at Universal so I just signed up for MDE and will link tickets when they're printable. I can still make ADR's if I wish though without anything linked.
Yes, I am staying at Wilderness Lodge. I need to link the reservation to make meal bookings because on site guests get a bigger window of prebooking, which they only know if you have a linked hotel reservation.

Yes, I am staying at Wilderness Lodge. I need to link the reservation to make meal bookings because on site guests get a bigger window of prebooking, which they only know if you have a linked hotel reservation.
Just go to MDE and go to My plans - hover over tickets then click on LINK TICKETS - that will take you to a window showing a ticket code but on the left, up a little bit there's another link to click, click that and you can add your confirmation number and surname to link it all up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter