Virgin Atlantic's New Route to Tampa

Joel22

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make everyone aware that VA have just opened a new route (starting late this year) to Tampa.

We booked flights yesterday for Feb for around £620pp. VA to MCO was £1100 pp roughly I believe. It's about an hour drive from Tampa to WDW so definitely worth checking and I find the airport a lot quicker there too. If you haven't checked out Clearwater (which is in the Tampa area) I'd also recommend doing that too!

I live in Tampa and use that airport frequently. It is a very good airport, and so much easier than mco. From the time you leave rental car pickup, it's a 70 to 90 minute trip to the wdw exit. And in your return flight clearing through security is super easy. I just did this for a UK trip, and it took 20 minutes.

The only little trick is actually exiting the airport. You need to look for highway 275 NORTH, which seems wrong. Going south will take you across Tampa bay into Clearwater st pete, adding 30 minutes or more to get turned around.

Glad you found a bargain.

I live in Tampa and use that airport frequently. It is a very good airport, and so much easier than mco. From the time you leave rental car pickup, it's a 70 to 90 minute trip to the wdw exit. And in your return flight clearing through security is super easy. I just did this for a UK trip, and it took 20 minutes.

The only little trick is actually exiting the airport. You need to look for highway 275 NORTH, which seems wrong. Going south will take you across Tampa bay into Clearwater st pete, adding 30 minutes or more to get turned around.

Glad you found a bargain.
Yep, we fly to Tampa a lot. I'm a Bucs fan ;) Like you said, it's much easier than MCO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter