virgin seating

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, we will be flying from Gatwick with virgin for our 2018 holiday. Outward flight premium economy and back in economy. I hope you can help me with a few questions.

Are there good and bad seats in premium?

Are all the premium seats upstairs ?

Are they in rows of 2?

Would you recommend pre booking economy in the bubble for return journey ?

What seats have the extra leg room without any obstructions or how can I find this information ?

If I do need to pre book should I do it when I book in January ?

thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

cal:)

Hi there,
The best advice I can give is to do some research on seatguru.com for your seat selections. It highlights the best and worst seats on whichever aircraft you’ll be flying on, and it will tell you if certain seats are too close to toilets/galleys or whether they have a limited recline-very important if you have a night flight. I found it very useful when I flew to Australia earlier in the year.

Also best to do it sooner rather than later as you will then have your pick of seats.
I’ve only flown premium a couple of times (i tend to just go with extra legroom in economy tbh) but both times I was upstairs.

As for your return journey I’d recommend doing anything that will make it a little more enjoyable cause the homeward journey is always a super bummer for me..

Happy planning!!

I second what pp said about checking out seat guru..very helpful.

We chose our seats in the bubble last year and didn't like it up there, we felt claustaphobic and the hand luggage bags are put in a locker at the back with everybody else's and it was a pain to get stuff out. personal choice obviously, some people prefer it :)

If you want to book the economy bubble I would book as soon as the booking window opens as they do get booked up quick.

When we fly premium we always try for row 19 downstairs. It's the back row so no problem with reclining the seat. The big plus is that the row is first off the plane in Orlando which gives a huge advantage in the immigration hall.

:thanks: Becky_ C and Tash87 will have a look. I'v never bothered about the seats before as there is usually 4 of us. this time its just my daughter and I.:flower1:

If its just two of you in E I would pick the last rows downstairs in E. When I took DD on my own in May we had these seats - they felt more spacious than the bubble we had on return as you are in a pair and there is space next to the window seat :goodvibes

As there is 4 of us on our return we booked the very back 2 rows of 2. The best seats we've had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts