VIRGIN - Seats Booked, Did I Do Alright

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
I have booked my flight seats today and got 62 and 63 A & C which should be 2 + 2 near the back of the plane. I am travelling with DH and DS(9) and DD(6) and wasn't sure I would get 2 window seats but there was no questions asked except what seats I wanted. Booked childrens meals at the same time - as advised on the boards and given a date to call to book for return flight. Good one Virgin. Hope we get them at check in.

I like those seats. We've been in row 62 and thereabouts most times we've been with Virgin.

We always get to checkin nice and early to make sure we get those seats. The one time we've checked in a bit later, they'd given our seats to someone who'd just asked for them :(

Thanks, for the vote of confidence, but disappointed that your pre-booked seats were given to someone else on check in. How late did you get there to be too late.

Hi Elaine
We've alway's got the seat's that we booked and we've flown with virgin 4 time's now
Jean

You must be there the week before us - I have to phone on Sunday for seats. If they are open on Sundays of course!
Where are you staying?

We're flying Virgin but not until next April. When is the best time to contact them to book our seats.

Does anyone know if all Virgin planes have TV's in the backs of seat. If they don't which seats do you recommend booking for best views of the screens for the little ones.

Mike

You need to call Virgin 180 days before you fly to book seats and child meals. You will be given the date to ring to book your return seats when you ring the first time.

As far as I know all Virgin planes have seatback TVs (not sure about the ones flying from Manchester though).

We had rows 62 and 63 in October (other side of the plane though to seats A & C). They are good seats with a lot of space between the seats and the window - ideal for storing bags etc. (Although not during take-off and landing).

I would take additional food for the kids if I was you - my DDs took one look at the kids meals and and refused to eat them (I think it was chicken nuggets, soggy chips and baked beans with a nice 'crust' on!).

How late did you get there to be too late.

We weren't really late, it's just that a lot of people were really early. It was when we had Downtown Disney checkin, and we'd gone for three weeks. I'm assuming that someone had flown out the week after us for two weeks and expected/demanded the same seats for the return. If it happened again, I'd play my face but at the time....

Scotfan
You must be there the week before us - I have to phone on Sunday for seats. If they are open on Sundays of course!
I think in the brochure I read Monday - Friday, but when she gave us the date to ring to book return flight seats it is a Sunday, so you never know.
We are staying off-site in the Sheraton 4 points, Kissimmee, what about you?

Also, just a by the way, although my signature says West Midlands, I am really from Scotland, and lived there for my first 24 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter