VISA Reward Dollars - can't use them - What to do?

mike72688

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have a VISA Disney Card. Each purchase earns points, etc. I live in Florida but am now moving. I would use it to go to Disney World but have no interest in using it for movies or shopping at the Disney store. Apparently it is non-transferrable.

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I could exchange it for a cash or almost cash value.

Thanks,

Michael

You could call Chase Visa and request they give you a rewards card with your cash value on it and give it to someone who may be going to Disney (like me, ha ha ha!!!). But seriously, you can give that card to anyone-it's just like a gift card with no name on it. I don't know if they'll pay you cash for those rewards, but you could always ask.

Request the Rewards card from Chase. Take it to a Disney Store and convert it to a Disney gift card and then sell the gift card online or in one of the kiosks in the mall that buys gift cards. You wont get full value but you will get something.

I don't know how much in rewards points you have, but if you personally can't use the gift card you get at a Disney store, do you have a family member that you might need a gift for? You could always give the gift card as a gift. Obviously depending on the value.

I have some points left on my rewards card that I was told that I can buy a gift card because those don't expire.

Depending on which Disney visa you have, rewards dollars can also be used for airline. Not sure if you will be flying in the upcoming years. This is only for the signature card.

If you have signature visa, Disney reward dollars can be used for air flights, any carrier, any destination. Don't know if you intend to fly any time soon

If you have signature visa, Disney reward dollars can be used for air flights, any carrier, any destination. Don't know if you intend to fly any time soon

I was a little confused about the reward dollars, but thanks to your post I now understand! Thanks!

I received the card a few days ago. I'm going to the Disney Store today. I have surfed the web and found a site: GiftCardGranny.com which points you to other sites and what they are offering. Unfortunately there are a lot of these sites that offer to buy your gift card but many have really bad reviews. I think I will try ABC Gift Cards. They offer 80% of the value as a deposit to your Paypal account OR 83.2% as an Amazon gift card. For some reason I feel I would trust one of these rather than cash from some of the others I found.

I used ABC Giftcards. It was very easy. I sent the gift card to them in NJ and used tracking from the USPS as suggested. I think it was about $3.75. They got the card and 24 hours later I had an email with the gift card code for Amazon. I went to the Amazon site and entered the code. It was immediately applied to my account.

If you are keeping the Chase card for your credit card, call them and have it changed to a different card to give you the rewards that you can use or want.

I didn't know I could change it. That is actually really good to know. I had already acquired a Southwest airlines card. Thanks for the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter