Visit with no parks (other than Volcano Bay)

Wdw1015

DIS Veteran
So this year, we did a split Universal/Disney trip and I felt like I ran my poor kids ragged. For 2019, we are going to take it a little easier with 4 days at Cabana Bay to relax before heading out on our first 3 day Disney Cruise. We are planning on hitting Volcano Bay for 1 of the days since we didn’t do it this year. But other than that, our plans include swimming at the resort, pool hopping, Citywalk, maybe some mini golf and bowling. Thought about hitting up the Disney warehouse too.

We have 2 boys who will be 9 & 13 and we’ll be going next August. Any ideas as to anything else we can do to keep in our back pocket in case we need it? Looking for things that aren’t super expensive and somewhat close since we won’t have a car & will rely on Uber.

Blue man group in CityWalk...but the ticket cost for that will be a bit high. If you wanted to Uber to Disney Springs you could try the Star Wars VR experience there. I’ve heard that is pretty cool.

other than that, our plans include swimming at the resort, pool hopping, Citywalk, maybe some mini golf and bowling.

Good list there already. We stayed 10 days a CB once and we did all this. Pool hopping is so much fun. The boys can play ping pong for hours at PBR. There are also bocce courts at the other PBR pool. We get the huge nacho plate at the RPR pool (and two ping pong tables there, too. We were going to do minigolf at CW, but it started to rain, so we went upstairs to bowl at CB.

Other free things we did was to spend a day at Disney Springs. We also went to the Transportation Center at night and road the monorails and then settled in to watch fireworks from the dock (after riding the ferry back and forth).

Good list there already. We stayed 10 days a CB once and we did all this. Pool hopping is so much fun. The boys can play ping pong for hours at PBR. There are also bocce courts at the other PBR pool. We get the huge nacho plate at the RPR pool (and two ping pong tables there, too. We were going to do minigolf at CW, but it started to rain, so we went upstairs to bowl at CB.

Other free things we did was to spend a day at Disney Springs. We also went to the Transportation Center at night and road the monorails and then settled in to watch fireworks from the dock (after riding the ferry back and forth).
Ooohhh....riding the monorail and ferry is such a good idea!! And I never thought about ping pong and bocce ball. Great ideas, thank you!

Last edited:
Blue man group in CityWalk...but the ticket cost for that will be a bit high. If you wanted to Uber to Disney Springs you could try the Star Wars VR experience there. I’ve heard that is pretty cool.

We bought our tickets on Cyber Monday! We got Tier 1 seating (1st row behind the poncho section) for $49 US each. Those seats are regular $90 each. The show was really great and your kids would like it. We had a 5, 9, 15 year old with us and all three enjoyed it.

We bought our tickets on Cyber Monday! We got Tier 1 seating (1st row behind the poncho section) for $49 US each. Those seats are regular $90 each. The show was really great and your kids would like it. We had a 5, 9, 15 year old with us and all three enjoyed it.
Great to know, thank you!

There's also a movie theater at City Walk.

I know we're on the Universal forum now, but if you decide to Uber over to WDW, there's a ton there that you can do to kill a day. We did it back in February because we had driven in from Tampa but didn't want to spend the money on a park ticket. We parked at Disney Springs in the morning, walked to Saratoga Springs and boarded the MK bus, got on the boat to Wilderness Lodge and had lunch at Whispering Canyon, boarded the bus to DHS and then got on the boat to the Epcot area resorts, stopped by the Boardwalk for ice cream, got on the bus back to MK and then rode the monorail around, walked around Poly, walked over to TTC and got on the Epcot monorail and rode that, and by that time it was after 4pm so we were able to board a bus from Epcot back to Disney Springs. We spent the rest of the night shopping at Disney Springs and had dinner there as well. It was fun to just be on property sightseeing without spending much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter