Visiting in June?

buckler

DIS Veteran
My DH's uncle lives in California. He is trying to get us to come out for a visit. One of his tactics was to tell my DD's that he would take them to Disneyland. Oooo...the man play's hardball! The kids are now hyped up and ready to jump on a plane.

So, we are considering a trip during the month of June. Will crowd levels be significantly lower during the earlier part of the month or is it just insanely crowded all month? We are WDW vets but we are used to Sept/early Dec. crowd levels. I'm not sure how I'd handle the combo of heat and crowds during June at Disneyland. How bad is it?

Would 2 days be enough to adequately see the parks? We would want to concentrate on the rides that are different than WDW (we'd skip things like Peter Pan, Dumbo etc. that are repeats of WDW).

We would also probably need somewhere to stay overnight that would allow my family (2 adults and 2 children) to stay with our uncle in either adjoining rooms or a suite setup. It would probably be a good idea for us to stay close to the parks since our uncle is 77 years old and may want to take a break while we stay at the parks. Any ideas?

Here is a map link to local hotels:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

We have stayed at the DLR Paradise Pier, the Howard Johnsons, and Best West Parks Place Inn. The BWPPI is as close as you can get except for the DLR Grand Californian.

You can do a lot in two days, especially if you stay at a close by hotel. Realize that DLR is having its 50th anniversary celebration and there is alot happening at the parks. I usually skip a lot of the fireworks and shows, but they are really good. Especially the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks/laser/special effects extravaganza. It is simply awesome.

Also realize that DLR is now two parks with DCA, and it is worth visiting DCA. That makes it more worthwhile to stay longer if you can.

Crowds in June will be building. And they are larger than normal because of the 50th. If you go early in the month before SoCal schools get out then they will be less. Avoid weekends. If you can get to the parks early you can get a lot done, even during busy days. Consider using RideMax - www.ridemax.com - to schedule your days.

HydroGuy said:
If you go early in the month before SoCal schools get out then they will be less.

When do the SoCal schools start getting out for the summer?

Thanks for the other info. I'll look into Ridemax. We do TGM for WDW and love to avoid lines!

If you go the first week of June or early in the second week, crowds will be smaller than waiting until later in June. Just know that Thursdays are Grad Nights and the parks will be closing earlier. Also, June is not that hot of a month here in CA. Our hot months are July (usually towards the end), August and September. We have June Gloom and the sun usually doesn't come out until late morning or early afternoon (still slather on the sunblock as you can still get sunburned).

You might not want to skip rides just because they have the same ride in WDW because the rides are quite different between DL and WDW (except for the 3D films, Star Tours and rides like Dumbo).

We did LATE JUNE last year and had no problem going through both parks (almost every ride) in 2 days .We had some coupons for the shows and parade for perfered seating so we didn't have to wait in long lines and that saved a bit.

If you FASTPASS and play it right because of the size of the parks you should have no problem seeing everything .

Oh and the weather was just great Light jacket in early morn/late even.Then heating up as the day went on.

tmt martins said:
We did LATE JUNE last year and had no problem going through both parks (almost every ride) in 2 days .We had some coupons for the shows and parade for perfered seating so we didn't have to wait in long lines and that saved a bit.

If you FASTPASS and play it right because of the size of the parks you should have no problem seeing everything .

Oh and the weather was just great Light jacket in early morn/late even.Then heating up as the day went on.
The POTC movie premier and POTC ride re-opening on June 24 will likely make things different this year.

buckler said:
When do the SoCal schools start getting out for the summer?
Usually it is around June 9-16. Haven't lived there for many years. Anyone else with kids in SoCal schools?

Our last day is June 15th (south Orange County) Can't wait :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter