Vista Cay or HGVC at Seaworld?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
HI, for Universal and Seaworld, which would you choose? The Hilton will be about $1,000 for 5 nights (1 bedroom), Vista cay varies depending on the unit you choose-right now probably about $1,000-$1,200. Vista Cay room will be larger, but Vista Cay doesn't have a restaurant, was wondering if Vista Cay had a "resort" feel to it? Hilton you can walk to Seaworld-What do you think?
Thanks!

Just got back from Vista Cay yesterday. Rented a 3 bedroom penthouse. Plenty of space!

But it doesn’t feel like a resort. Vista Cay is sprawling. Some buildings are “apartments” others are condos. I can’t tell what is what. We stayed there because we were visiting the Convention Center for a trade show and then we wanted to go to Universal when the show was over. You can’t really walk to anywhere though. You have to drive.

We ate out for every breakfast and had lunch/dinners at the parks. You will need to go to Publix to stock up since there isn’t anywhere to eat on property. The Publix shopping center does have several restaurants however.

Thanks for the input! Someone posted on another sight, the same feelings about it not feeling like a resort, so I think we'll count that out. I think we'll stick to the Hilton, would love to stay on sight on Universal, but going to Disney after that, so not sure if it will be in the budget, but I thought the Hilton would be a good choice.
Thanks again!

Vista Cay feels like an apartment complex. The pool is nice. The place will have a lot of locals which didn't bother us. It's pretty close to Universal. There is a Walgreens right there which was convenient.

Haven't stayed at the Hilton.

The Hilton Grand Vacation Villas are very nice. Our grandsons absolutely loved the resort, the pool, activities, etc. Very resort feel.

It you are going to Seaworld, go to Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld. You get front of the line passes for free. You just have to ask for them.

Another thumbs up the Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld!

One nice condo place we stayed at super close to Universal (Universal was just down the street) was the Sunshine Resort -- not as much of a resort feel as the HGVC SeaWorld, but a really lovely condo and a huge wonderful balcony (best I've had). It also had a very nice pool and hot tub area that we used. The HGVC has larger expansive grounds, food options, and more of a luxury feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!