Vlogging and still shots?

Dumbo777

DIS Veteran
Is there a camera that is decently priced ( not more than $500) that is good for vlogging and taking still shots that has good Auto focus? I'm not familiar with cameras at all and I was hoping someone here would have some suggestions. I am looking for kind of like an updated camcorder. Thank you.

Is there a camera that is decently priced ( not more than $500) that is good for vlogging and taking still shots that has good Auto focus? I'm not familiar with cameras at all and I was hoping someone here would have some suggestions. I am looking for kind of like an updated camcorder. Thank you.

Every camera on the market today has decent autofocus, video and still shots. Current smart phones actually are quite good in those respects.

Every camera on the market today has decent autofocus, video and still shots. Current smart phones actually are quite good in those respects.
Thanks. I'm looking for something separate from my phone though, as I don't want to waste my phone battery.

Thanks. I'm looking for something separate from my phone though, as I don't want to waste my phone battery.

ok then... that's still any camera on the market, unless you have more specific needs. Essentially, every camera on the market that is under $500 can still do basic autofocus, stills and video... though not necessarily quite as well as the newest smart phones.

I just bought the lumix FZ80 - literally just arrived today- it has great reviews on amazon. It is available in a variety of packages - just the camera and ones with extra batteries, charger, case etc - so there are a variety of options. I haven't even started it up because the battery is charging, but i looked at some people doing comparison shots (FZ80 vs other cameras) as well as some of the 4K video it shoots -- Pretty AMAZING!! The size of it seems manageable and with the zoom range of the camera you don't need to change out lenses to get distance shots.

I attached a video that might help you out.

The package i got was around $380 -so well within your budget.

$500 or less REALLY covers a lot of ground nowadays in the camera world based on your criteria so far. You may want to refine your search by determining what unique video capabilities you want (1080, 4k, etc). Weight, sensor size, controls, wireless, etc. Check out Dpreview.com for more info. They have a video section and should help you refine potential cameras.

Eos m is really getting good traction as a vlogging camera. It shoots stills like a t4i and video up to 1080.

I have a full frame, a crop DSLR, and even still, mostly I tore my roam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter