Volcano Bay Cabana - Pricing

Hi I just posted on the Cabana Maps thread and will post here also. I called to find out about a cabana on one of my days in August and they are no longer selling them on line. It is only available the day of at the park.

I can confirm that all cabanas now need to be booked on arrival. I had to cancel my June 6th because, well, it's gonna thunder and I'm not paying that much to be at that park in thunderstorms. We tried to book for the 5th and they were not able to book any. They also said that if you're staying on property you can get into the park an hour earlier, which means that most people are going to be there early and do that. Frankly, I'm just going to go and see what happens. If I can get a Cabana in a location I like, then great, if not, I'll try the chairs, if not, I'll steak out a good spot and be there until I feel like leaving and go explore other areas of City Walk or Disney World. But yes, now you get them at the park. Seems a VERY silly practice.

I can confirm that all cabanas now need to be booked on arrival. I had to cancel my June 6th because, well, it's gonna thunder and I'm not paying that much to be at that park in thunderstorms. We tried to book for the 5th and they were not able to book any. They also said that if you're staying on property you can get into the park an hour earlier, which means that most people are going to be there early and do that. Frankly, I'm just going to go and see what happens. If I can get a Cabana in a location I like, then great, if not, I'll try the chairs, if not, I'll steak out a good spot and be there until I feel like leaving and go explore other areas of City Walk or Disney World. But yes, now you get them at the park. Seems a VERY silly practice.
But all previously booked Cabanas are still being honored, correct?

Hi I just posted on the Cabana Maps thread and will post here also. I called to find out about a cabana on one of my days in August and they are no longer selling them on line. It is only available the day of at the park.

I just got told the same thing & came here to see if anyone else was told that. I'm hoping it's just temporary & that it'll change before we go!

They are honoring those, but not allowing any changes. I tried to move my pre-booked cabana rental by one day and was flatly told no.
Well alrighty then. Are you gonna keep your original day or try and get a cabana day of for the other day? The only thing I'd be worried about in your case is that all the onsite people are getting in the park an hour early so you never know what will be left at regular opening :-/

Well alrighty then. Are you gonna keep your original day or try and get a cabana day of for the other day? The only thing I'd be worried about in your case is that all the onsite people are getting in the park an hour early so you never know what will be left at regular opening :-/

For now, we're going to keep things as-is. As we creep closer to the date, if it happens to look like we absolutely need to switch the date, then we'll just cancel the cabana and go on a different day and take our chances. We'll survive with first come, first served beach chairs if that's what we end up with ;).

We are a group of 20 so I booked the family and a single in the River area for Sunday 5/28. I would have liked Wave just from the description but I think there are only two family cabanas. It came in around $1000 for both which sounds ridiculous in some ways but if I break it out to $50 per person it sounds better! We have an age range of 7-80 so we really need a central point. This was one of the last pieces needed for planning. (hoping for a good Velvet Session on Thursday 5/25 and we will be good to go!) So excited!!! reminded the college aged ladies in the group to bring a water park appropriate bathing suit !

What was your experience on Sunday? Did they have a family cabana for you?

I am really not sure if we will keep our day at VB
Coming from Switzerland so we don't want to lose a day with closed rides and tapu tapu issues...
Still hesitating ( we will be at Universal end of July)
We booked a cabana but what if I decide to cancel it? Will they reimburse me easily? Is there any cancellation fees?
Thanks a lot

I am really not sure if we will keep our day at VB
Coming from Switzerland so we don't want to lose a day with closed rides and tapu tapu issues...
Still hesitating ( we will be at Universal end of July)
We booked a cabana but what if I decide to cancel it? Will they reimburse me easily? Is there any cancellation fees?
Thanks a lot

I think there's a 72 hour cancellation policy. I believe it's stated in the email. You should get a full refund if you cancel before then.

Anyone know current cabana pricing For August ?

Pricing varies a lot. You will probably have to call. My guess is that whatever the poster quoted is the minimum price for August. I haven't heard of anyone getting the cheapest prices quoted on the website.

Anyone know current cabana pricing For August ?
I called about July a few days ago and the price was $625 for a single. She said July was the highest month and it went down from there. September was $299 so I would think August would be in the $450 range.

Thanks . Welp hope I can get one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!