Volcano Bay in December

arcticdisneylovers

DIS Veteran
Has anyone visited Volcano Bay in December? Will be staying at HRH from Dec 11-15, 2018. DD really wants to visit Volcano Bay, but I'm worried it will be too cold.

You never know. Some days the highs are in the 70s, some in the 50s. I know DW closes their water parks if cold weather is forecast. Also I am not sure where you are from, we are from Vancouver, Canada so what may not be cold for me, might be for you.

Total crapshoot. Average high is 73 and low is 54. Mornings and nights can get very cold. It really depends on the weather pattern when you visit. We were there between Christmas and NY last year. 2 days were absolutely frigid. I actually bought the kids gloves at Seaworld for night time. A few other days we were very comfy in T-shirt’s .

You can check out last Dec here. But it’s just a roll of the dice.
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/orlando/historic?month=12&year=2017

We were at RPR this past Dec. 10th-20th.

We did go to VB. Out of the 10 days I would say half of them were hot enough for VB with highs in the high 70's low 80's.

We went on December 30th. Water is mostly bath warm. I think it was around 65 that day. So, towels and running from the water to wrap towel around ya. Best part, since we went using the early entry, the slides and rides had no line, so we got to do them over and over again, before the crowds came around 11am. Didn't order food, but it did look good. Stayed around 3 hours, then left and cleaned up to go to the parks.

Unless you don't like cooler weather, we're from the North, so for us, any temp over 60, with heated pool, is good for us.

If you get a nice day in December, you still should be able to hit really low crowds. I went on a beautiful 85°F day in Feb and it was quiet all morning. Everything stayed ride now. We left around 1-2pm and still no virtual lines. 'Twas great.

We were there for 2 days in December 2017. Your enjoyment depends on the outside temp, the sun (or lack thereof), and the wind. The wind is the most important, really. The water itself is quite lovely but the walk between slides can be unpleasant if the wind picks up. One of our days was a wee bit chilly but the bonus was no lines at all. The other day was nice and warm, sunny, etc. and there were more lines. Both were lovely days to be at Volcano Bay though and I'm glad we went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter