VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Hi everyone I am here right now:banana:. We have had a busy 2 days. We went to VB on Friday and had a great time. We got there at 7:15 at the CBBR entrance. when we got to the main area we were the first ones at a ticket counter.we were talking about things with the associate for a bit. He did mention the time change to 7:30 for EE but didn't know how long it would last.

Once we were in we went to the concierge to get our EP put on our tapu tapu. The system was off line and we couldn't get them on so we got nice chairs with an umbrella by the Dancing Dragons. We had premium loungers scheduled but cancelled it 3 days before. I am glad that I did. I don't think they were worth the expense. We were happy with our regular chairs.

We got in line for Krakatau and it went down. We decided to wait but after a half hour one of the guards offered to walk a couple of us over to another ride. We went with him and went to the front of it. It was fun and after that we went back to the concierge and got our EP put on our tapu tapu. The EP was great to have it made a difference with how much we could do. However, if you don't have the EP I would definitely follow the advice of EE and late afternoon. Personally I did not think it was that crowded. The longest wait was 100 minutes. I can confirm after a storm a lot less people.

We bought shoe laces to tie our tapu on better. It worked when one of ours came lose but it didn't fall off. FYI they are getting new tapus with a better secured strap.

If you have EP be prepared for different ways to use this depending on the associate. We met a couple who were told a different way to use it. We tapped up at the entrance and went right into the queue line. The longest line we waited in was about 20 minutes.

When we first went into the fearless river it was chaos getting a tube. We were getting pushed and shoved. About an hour later we saw a guard lining people up and getting them one at a time. What a difference organization makes. We thanked the life guard for doing a great job. Speaking of guards I found all of them to be taking their job very seriously.

It's interesting that at each of the raft rides the scale was saying a different weight. Our group was split sometimes.

My overall summary:
The park associates were great. We had a few hiccups but each one we went to was nice and helped us.
The rides are fantastic
The food was good but disappointed in the menu change.
The park was beautiful and very clean. However the rugs on the bridges have to go.
We found the ground sprayers working great on the concrete. The sand is another story. I have never felt sand so hot,I got some red feet after.

I can tell that they are trying to make as many positive changes as possible. We are going back on Tuesday and will have a cabana, I will report again.
Please feel free to ask questions. I will be checking later tonight and tomorrow night.

Have a great night:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing this with us

Very reassuring that changes have been made and making the time at Vbay so much better

i was very disappointed with the menu change.
it would have been the one reason i would have planned to go to Vbay and try the foods.

I am disappointed in this as well but based on everything I have read/heard it came down to a) what was actually selling and b) the ability to get the food ready in a timely manner to keep the food lines moving.

I agree with Mac that the menu changes are disappointing! Am glad they didn't remove the island chicken salad. It looks so good!

what thrilled me about Vbay was the different type of foods.
i had thought of going to the park not to do the rides or water but to walk around and people watch and eat food all day long.
somethings they had listed were definetely not typical park food.
had picked out my menu for the day already.

not interested in going there for the basic park foods of hot dogs, burgers, etc.

color me sad and disappointed.

what thrilled me about Vbay was the different type of foods.
i had thought of going to the park not to do the rides or water but to walk around and people watch and eat food all day long.
somethings they had listed were definetely not typical park food.
had picked out my menu for the day already.

not interested in going there for the basic park foods of hot dogs, burgers, etc.

color me sad and disappointed.

I agree that was my plan while my boyfriend tried out the slides. I was going try the food and maybe head to the lazy river. I'm very disappointed, but we've already bought our tickets.

I felt that the food was part of what made it different than your average waterpark (which I'm not interested in at all). Hearing that most the slides were too high thrill for me was disappointing, but now with this announcement I'm not sure there's much for me to do.

My DD's boyfriend goes in Friday 8/11 at 5:30am, when he asked if it was a mistake they said they are opening VB to resort guests at 6:30am that day :confused3 maybe it's because it's the last Friday before school starts here in Orange county?

they are opening early on the 11th for a special event.

We will still go to have a look around as our ticket covers us for it, but disappointed they've got rid of certain meals. Quite fancied some of them.

Hot dogs and corn dogs are not for me.

That would be great if they brought them back. Some of the items they removed were signature items that don't sound like they take too long to prepare. Like, who permanently removes BBQ chicken pizza?

From what I've heard the menu changes are temporary to work through the food line issues, stuff will filter back in or be changed. I wish they did the rumored table service restaurant, tapu would then double as a table pager.

I'm glad to hear it.

Yes, I wondered what happened to the supposed table service restaurant.

We only plan to go in for an hour or so, just to see around it and sample some food........don't really like waterparks.......

Good question I would like to know also. I am planning on buying some of the quick service plans for a couple of days. It sounds like VB food is a little more money and that the quick service vouchers might save some money.
This was in response to my original question whether or not dining plan credits can be used for the cabana menu at Volcano Bay. I called and was told that Full Service credits can be used for the cabana menus, but not Quick Service credits.

Wow! That's great! We are early risers so this will really work. I'm doubly glad you posted because I see they switched EE from UF to IOA for my dates. I would not have thought to double check to this.

Not sure when you are going, but for my dates they didn't switch EE, they took away the EE for the Studios (both parks had EE before).

I hadn't heard about the menus changes either. All these changes are so hard to keep up with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!