VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I don't know if they are available day of. They definitely do take reservations though. I also don't know if they moved them or not. The last time we rented one was in October 2018. They were situated at the back of the wave pool area facing the volcano, right behind the bar. Mid-day the sun was shining directly into our loungers. The shades only go about half way. You can sometimes make them go all the way over, but then there is no airflow in the lounger. Plus it will only cover about half of the lounger, so that you can not stretch out. Unless they have moved them, I decided I wouldn't rent one again because of this. There are some large wooden structures in the regular chair areas that provide good shade. Those are free and first come. None of those wooden structures are in front of the wave pool though. If you don't care where you sit and you get there early, then the wooden structures may be better for shade. There are also large umbrellas spread around and trees, which provide varying degrees of shade.
Can you rent an umbrella?

View attachment 496976View attachment 496977

Here are some recent aerial shots from @bioreconstruct, posted on May 22

The premium loungers are in the bottom center of the picture on the left. I think they were further up the picture in front of the round covered area, bar, when we last used them. I don't know if the new area would provide more shade or not. There are more trees. The area looks pretty sunny in this picture though, and the covers only cover half of the lounger. If the sun is at the right angle, I still think it could shine directly into most of the lounger. They are still facing about the same direction, I think.

No. They are just dispersed around in the sand and are not moveable. You can only rent premium loungers and cabanas.
Thank you,
So best advice is to utilize guest resort early entry and find shade early. Someone posted cabana rentals in the 400’s for August . I priced out express pass at 89.99 each .Thats a crazy expensive day , especially since we will be going probably 4 days throughout our trip.
We will definitely go to early entry.

Thank you,
So best advice is to utilize guest resort early entry and find shade early. Someone posted cabana rentals in the 400’s for August . I priced out express pass at 89.99 each .Thats a crazy expensive day , especially since we will be going probably 4 days throughout our trip.
We will definitely go to early entry.

I wouldn't bet on Early Entry being available. It could be, but it might not be also. Also, hours could be different or reduced from normal. Their current hours for park opening for June, do not show early entry (for any park) and VB say 10am-5pm. I don't know if I would get express pass for every day, maybe 1 or 2. If they have early entry or the park opens early, you can get a lot done in the morning. I would wait and see how things go after they open. They may not have big crowds. Just keep your eyes and options open and be flexible. If we go in mid-July, like we are planning, then I will report back. I have also heard that late afternoon/early evenings are really good times to hit low crowds. Also, if it rains, people leave. The crowds really thin out after the rain. Also, do you know that the Express Pass at VB is single attraction use only, meaning you can only use it once/attraction. It's not like the hotel unlimited express pass.

I wouldn't bet on Early Entry being available. It could be, but it might not be also. Also, hours could be different or reduced from normal. Their current hours for park opening for June, do not show early entry (for any park) and VB say 10am-5pm. I don't know if I would get express pass for every day, maybe 1 or 2. If they have early entry or the park opens early, you can get a lot done in the morning. I would wait and see how things go after they open. They may not have big crowds. Just keep your eyes and options open and be flexible. If we go in mid-July, like we are planning, then I will report back. I have also heard that late afternoon/early evenings are really good times to hit low crowds. Also, if it rains, people leave. The crowds really thin out after the rain. Also, do you know that the Express Pass at VB is single attraction use only, meaning you can only use it once/attraction. It's not like the hotel unlimited express pass.
We are going in August. Another thread posted that resort guests will get early entry. At least that’s what a resort supervisor told her . So who really knows. I will watch what happens . We have time . I will not be paying for an Express Pass . 90 bucks a pop is too much . That’s a great suggestion too about later afternoon arrival. Thanks !

We are going in August. Another thread posted that resort guests will get early entry. At least that’s what a resort supervisor told her . So who really knows. I will watch what happens . We have time . I will not be paying for an Express Pass . 90 bucks a pop is too much . That’s a great suggestion too about later afternoon arrival. Thanks !

I hope there is Early Entry, but as my July trip approaches and our DCL cruise got canceled, I am trying to go with the flow as much as possible.

I reserved premium seating for 6/12. I was told I was guaranteed a pair of chairs but not a location. I have never been to VB. How will this look for me upon arrival? Any tips to secure the best spot. If I want near the wave pool, do I just hustle there? I thought reserving would prevent me from having to do a mad dash.
Thank you in advance!

I reserved premium seating for 6/12. I was told I was guaranteed a pair of chairs but not a location. I have never been to VB. How will this look for me upon arrival? Any tips to secure the best spot. If I want near the wave pool, do I just hustle there? I thought reserving would prevent me from having to do a mad dash.
Thank you in advance!

Last time we did premium seating, they were all in one location near the wave pool. I don't know if that is still the same. I think it could be though. They wanted to be able to control the area and have the servers only need to go to one area. I think the location was discussed in the previous page. There's a picture.

Last time we did premium seating, they were all in one location near the wave pool. I don't know if that is still the same. I think it could be though. They wanted to be able to control the area and have the servers only need to go to one area. I think the location was discussed in the previous page. There's a picture.

You are correct - premium seating is still in that one area of the wave pool, near Kohola Reef.

Oh...so the premium seating gets the servers too, not just the cabana people? Nice

So, how does it work? I walk there and take an open one? Does someone check me in?

There will be an employee at the stand at the entrance to the premium lounger area. The employee will take you to your lounger. There are not a ton of servers for the loungers, but you have a flag to signal them. They bring a special menu, but it's not exactly the same menu as the cabanas.

There will be an employee at the stand at the entrance to the premium lounger area. The employee will take you to your lounger. There are not a ton of servers for the loungers, but you have a flag to signal them. They bring a special menu, but it's not exactly the same menu as the cabanas.
Oh...thank you so much! Do I give the employee in the area the ticket? A flag to signal them? Pretty highfalutin... :P

Last edited:
Oh...thank you so much! Do I give the employee in the area the ticket? A flag to signal them? Pretty highfalutin... :P

I can't remember. Early on, we had to go to the concierge hut, where they rent towels and cabanas. Then they walked us to the lounger. However, that was also when the loungers were spread around the park. Maybe someone else will remember.

Last October we went to place where they rent everything then walked ourselves to the premium area, showed proof to TM working that area, and were allowed to pick where we wanted to sit. Awesome server kept checking all was good and loved the little lock box right there where we could safely stow valuables when went to the water.

I just called about a cabana for July and the good news is they are taking reservations, the bad news is a single cabana is $624 and the family cabana was $925 😧. I was expecting maybe $450, I was not expecting that!

What day/part of week/month. I booked a single cabana just now for $239.36 and that includes tax. I saw your post and was discourage hesitated about calling but glad I called. For the record this is for July 2 which is a Thursday.

What day/part of week/month. I booked a single cabana just now for $239.36 and that includes tax. I saw your post and was discourage hesitated about calling but glad I called. For the record this is for July 2 which is a Thursday.

That’s a great deal for July 2nd!!!

What number did you call? We are going in August. How many people in a single cabana?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!