Volcanooooo!

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
No, not the one at Volcano Bay. The last time we were at Rainforest Cafe (the one just outside of Animal Kingdom) they kept trotting out this amazing looking dessert, and bellowing the name of it (as in the title of this thread). I'm thinking of sharing one with my g.f. Do they still have it, is it as delicious as it looks, and can you get a free dessert on your birthday? It will be her b-day. Thanks!

I think because Landry's, the company that runs Rainforest, as well as Yak & Yeti at DAK and TRex at DS, offers a special $25 discount for birthdays, there's no special freebie dessert. But your server might spread some magic and offer one, anyway.

To get that discount, sign up for the Landry's Select Club at http://www.landrysselect.com/ There's a $25 enrollment fee, but it comes with a $25 discount off your next meal. That discount does stack with the $25 birthday discount.

After that, spending $250 at any Landry's restaurant and presenting the card will have a $25 discount applied to the next meal. There's Landry's restaurants all over the country.

never tried one, but they did give us free birthday cupcakes several times on trips.
It was even listed on the receipt as birthday cupcake

It's a lot of row or, a, a to of ice cream, a lot of whipped cream and a lot of chocolate syrup. My DS14 would say you can't go wrong with that combo.

LOL, I assume this is what you are talking about? We have a Rainforest Cafe by us back home and went there for DS's birthday a month ago and they had it. We did have to pay for it though, even though it was his birthday.

Attachments

• volcano.jpg
    volcano.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 41
It's a Sparkling Volcano.

If you get a free birthday dessert, it will be a generic cupcake. It will NOT be a sparkling volcano.

If you are on the dining plan, it takes 3 people ordering the sparkling volcano to get it. If you only have two people, you'll have to pay for it out of pocket.

That stupid dessert was the joke of our trip one year. We were debating between RFC and eating inside the park. Everyone was getting crabby and hangry and not wanting to make a decision when my sister who normally doesn't have an opinion piped up wanting RFC. So we go in, it's packed, and they seat us RIGHT next to the kitchen where they burst out of the doors screaming "Voooooolcanooooo!" what felt like every 30 seconds. We all sat there a quiet and angry, mentally blaming my poor sister for such an obnoxious meal. It's funnier now than it was at the time.

It's a lot of row or, a, a to of ice cream, a lot of whipped cream and a lot of chocolate syrup. My DS14 would say you can't go wrong with that combo.

I'm trying to guess what the bolded was supposed to say (before, I assume, auto correct "helped"), but have run out of ideas :) Though from what I get - ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate, I have to agree with your son.

I'm trying to guess what the bolded was supposed to say (before, I assume, auto correct "helped"), but have run out of ideas :) Though from what I get - ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate, I have to agree with your son.
Stupid phone!! That's what I get for typing while walking with the stroller. Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

That stupid dessert was the joke of our trip one year. We were debating between RFC and eating inside the park. Everyone was getting crabby and hangry and not wanting to make a decision when my sister who normally doesn't have an opinion piped up wanting RFC. So we go in, it's packed, and they seat us RIGHT next to the kitchen where they burst out of the doors screaming "Voooooolcanooooo!" what felt like every 30 seconds. We all sat there a quiet and angry, mentally blaming my poor sister for such an obnoxious meal. It's funnier now than it was at the time.

I know what you mean! We weren't even close to the kitchen, and the "Volcanooooooo!" every few minutes really got on our nerves. There was one server who had a voice that really carried throughout the restaurant! We haven't tried the volcano yet . . .

I think because Landry's, the company that runs Rainforest, as well as Yak & Yeti at DAK and TRex at DS, offers a special $25 discount for birthdays, there's no special freebie dessert. But your server might spread some magic and offer one, anyway.

To get that discount, sign up for the Landry's Select Club at http://www.landrysselect.com/ There's a $25 enrollment fee, but it comes with a $25 discount off your next meal. That discount does stack with the $25 birthday discount.

After that, spending $250 at any Landry's restaurant and presenting the card will have a $25 discount applied to the next meal. There's Landry's restaurants all over the country.

I don't usually go for VIP cards like this but the Landry's card is a pretty good deal. In addition to the discounts, you get "first available seating" at the restaurants. This could come in handy at WDW when there are mobs of people waiting to be seated and you don't have an ADR.

I love that dessert! We got it at TRex a couple years ago and it had dry ice or something making it actually smoke. Last month we got it at Rainforest and it just had a sparkly foil tassle thingy stuck in top but it still tasted just as good. I don't really care much for the food at Rainforest or TRex, but I LOVE this dessert. It really is good!

My twin sister and I got it one time for our 19th (I think.. seems so long ago!) birthday at the one in AK. It reminded me of the chocolate lava cake at Chilis.. which I must've ate a lot of when I was younger because I now have a strange taste aversion to this kind of dessert LOL. We didn't get it for free.

Love the V O L C A N O! We often get for birthday celebration, and you would have to pay for it.

We got this at TRex on our June trip. My 3 year old son loved this restaurant AND the dessert. I did too. We really enjoyed the experience at TRex which I think is great for little boys.

The dessert at T-Rex is called the "Chocolate Extinction". It's similar to the Sparkling Volcano, but is different. The CE has butterfinger added to it. The CE at TRex requires 4 dessert credits from the DDP.

We don't care for the Volcano. You would think with that combination it would be great. We have had a few times and found the cake very meh. It is fun to order but for that price I expect higher quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter