VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

We were actually thinking of doing a "Christmas Dinner" at Liberty Tree Tavern at 4pm (made the reservation already in case we decide to do the party). We like the idea of a special Christmas meal before we party, and it's such a nice traditional meal. And that allows us to avoid the initial insanity. Then do a FP (2 if we can squeeze them) before the FP window closes. I know most people advise against a long sit down meal during hard ticket events, but we are looking at it as adding to the overall experience.

We have done our Christmas day dinner twice at Liberty Tree Tavern. It is a good traditional meal in such a great setting for Christmas. They serve family style so it comes out pretty quickly. If we ever went at Christmas again, we'd happily have our meal at LTT once again.

My kids are 8 and 5. My daughter is on the cusp of no longer believing in Christmas magic, which just breaks my heart. It's another reason I'm leaning towards doing it this year. She wants very badly to believe, I think that's what has saved us so far!

Based on this, I think you should talk yourself into it! 5 is such a great, magical age. And even your 8 year old will all too soon be a tweenager with all the angst that that brings. Your rationale about doing this during a non-park trip makes perfect sense to me. Good luck! :)

Avatar explanation -- finally thought through a way to use the same avatar here I use in other spots (had to pull up the picture on my iPad, then snap a shot with my iPhone & problem solved). As to the choice, I couldn't help but chuckle the first time I saw this picture.....

Avatar explanation -- finally thought through a way to use the same avatar here I use in other spots (had to pull up the picture on my iPad, then snap a shot with my iPhone & problem solved). As to the choice, I couldn't help but chuckle the first time I saw this picture.....

Geez...Stitch with the power of Thor? Doesn't sound like a good combination for anyone in his vicinity! :)

OK Groupies, putting out a call for dining suggestions. Keep in mind I haven't been to WDW for two years, so are there any new "don't miss" spots? Obviously I will try Geyser Pointe, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

OK Groupies, putting out a call for dining suggestions. Keep in mind I haven't been to WDW for two years, so are there any new "don't miss" spots? Obviously I will try Geyser Pointe, but does anyone have any other suggestions?
Chances are you'll get a variety of responses, and to some those choices won't be good at all. Still, it's a fun endeavor, so here are mine! pirate:

Sanaa - Our favorite TS. We do lunch there and arrive shortly before opening to get seated quickly. The bread service is one of the best dishes on property and serves as a full meal for us (along with a small bowl of soup or salad). It's also one of the better bargains at Disney.

Artist Point - It's a sentimental favorite of ours and where we almost always end our trips as the last meal. The ambiance, the food, the service, and the wine list are topnotch.

Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar - You can't make an ADR here, but we usually show up early for lunch and attempt to get seated at one of their low couches in the cozy "living room" area of the restaurant. They have their own menu (lovely choices of charcuterie, cheeses, antipastos); however, you can order some dishes from Tutto Italia next door. Great place to relax, enjoy some tasty food, and sample some Italian wines.

Il Mulino - One of our go to places for Italian in a lovely setting. One of our favorite things about them is the ability to get a small plate of nearly any pasta. Saves money and waste. Very good wine list.

Kimonos - If you like sushi.

The Boathouse - Nicely themed and good food. I especially like the beef carpaccio. It's an appetizer, but not being a big eater, it's plenty for a nice lunch.

BiCE - Off campus and requires a 15-minute drive to the Portofino at the Dark Side, but it's a superb Italian ristorante. Mouth-watering food, an extensive wine list, excellent service, and a spacious, yet beautiful, dining room makes this one of our favorite places to eat. Their ossobuco is one of the best I've had anywhere, and I've sampled numerous over the years and across the States.

As others chime in, have fun on your culinary journey!

Chances are you'll get a variety of responses, and to some those choices won't be good at all. Still, it's a fun endeavor, so here are mine! pirate:

Sanaa - Our favorite TS. We do lunch there and arrive shortly before opening to get seated quickly. The bread service is one of the best dishes on property and serves as a full meal for us (along with a small bowl of soup or salad). It's also one of the better bargains at Disney.

Artist Point - It's a sentimental favorite of ours and where we almost always end our trips as the last meal. The ambiance, the food, the service, and the wine list are topnotch.

Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar - You can't make an ADR here, but we usually show up early for lunch and attempt to get seated at one of their low couches in the cozy "living room" area of the restaurant. They have their own menu (lovely choices of charcuterie, cheeses, antipastos); however, you can order some dishes from Tutto Italia next door. Great place to relax, enjoy some tasty food, and sample some Italian wines.

Il Mulino - One of our go to places for Italian in a lovely setting. One of our favorite things about them is the ability to get a small plate of nearly any pasta. Saves money and waste. Very good wine list.

Kimonos - If you like sushi.

The Boathouse - Nicely themed and good food. I especially like the beef carpaccio. It's an appetizer, but not being a big eater, it's plenty for a nice lunch.

BiCE - Off campus and requires a 15-minute drive to the Portofino at the Dark Side, but it's a superb Italian ristorante. Mouth-watering food, an extensive wine list, excellent service, and a spacious, yet beautiful, dining room makes this one of our favorite places to eat. Their ossobuco is one of the best I've had anywhere, and I've sampled numerous over the years and across the States.

As others chime in, have fun on your culinary journey!

Agree with Sanaa, Tutto, Il Mulino, & The Boathouse. Haven't been to the others. I never make an ADR for Il Mulino. There are always seats available at the bar & you can get the full menu. Boathouse I've not eaten in the dining room just outside at the bar. Gorgeous setting. First come, first served. Highly recommend the filet mignon sliders.

I will add Homecomin' to the list. My new favorite & now a must do. I love Via Napoli for pizza.

You will absolutely not recognize Disney Springs if you haven't been in two years. Lots of dining options, new and old. For casual counter service dining we like D-Luxe Burger or Blaze with its fast-fired pizza. You will want to look up the new DS restaurants and check out their menus for many good eating options. Enjoy!

You will absolutely not recognize Disney Springs if you haven't been in two years. Lots of dining options, new and old. For casual counter service dining we like D-Luxe Burger or Blaze with its fast-fired pizza. You will want to look up the new DS restaurants and check out their menus for many good eating options. Enjoy!

And D-Luxe Burger is part of the new mobile food ordering program now too which is good because there is always a line. Here's the link if you need more info on that https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/

I agree with Sleepy, Sanaa is a must do for us now. Another new fave for us at DS is Morimoto Asia, really enjoy the ribs there(and I usually don't order ribs elsewhere)
The Wave for breakfast or lunch is another place we really like now.

Last edited:
Well things are looking up. Tammy's mom is out of ICU. They are thinking the infection is coming from an abcessed tooth. We are thinking how can that be. She would have felt something. But we have been told by a family friend who works in the dental field, though its not common, there are occasions when people get the symptoms but not the pain. She had the symptoms, swelling tongue, swelling throat both which landed her in the ER, twice. But we are moving forward and thats some good news to share. Prayers are lifting her up!

Well things are looking up. Tammy's mom is out of ICU. They are thinking the infection is coming from an abcessed tooth. We are thinking how can that be. She would have felt something. But we have been told by a family friend who works in the dental field, though its not common, there are occasions when people get the symptoms but not the pain. She had the symptoms, swelling tongue, swelling throat both which landed her in the ER, twice. But we are moving forward and thats some good news to share. Prayers are lifting her up!
Yeah! Very good news!

We enjoy eating at the Wave,mthen heading up to The Top of the World to see the fireworks. We often have been to a Disboards meet up there!

I agree with Sleepy, Sanna is a must do for us now. Another new fave for us at DS is Morimoto Asia, really enjoy the ribs there(and I usually don't order ribs elsewhere)
Good news on your MIL. Continued well wishes for her from us!

Yes! I forgot about Morimoto Asia. I would definitely recommend it. The ribs are good, and there's a dish called buri bop that is among my favorites of any in the World. :thumbsup2

So happy to hear that Jimmy! Will keep the prayers going.

You've all convinced me to try Morimoto. Actually I tried to get an ADR for our NYE trip but nothing came up. I wonder if perhaps Jan. wasn't loaded in the system. I need to look again.

Agree with Sanaa, Tutto, Il Mulino, & The Boathouse. Haven't been to the others. I never make an ADR for Il Mulino. There are always seats available at the bar & you can get the full menu. Boathouse I've not eaten in the dining room just outside at the bar. Gorgeous setting. First come, first served. Highly recommend the filet mignon sliders.

I will add Homecomin' to the list. My new favorite & now a must do. I love Via Napoli for pizza.

So, what is "Homecomin'" and where is it? I'm guessing it's off property?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter