VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hey, they are still the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Just because DVC makes a distinction, does not mean we have to.

I agree! I realize I can't quite "get it" as a CCV-only owner, but I know we all have in common a love for the Wilderness Lodge. I hope the CC/BR division doesn't cause any warring factions of WL DVC owners or fans. They both have their plusses. WLV is the one-and-only original, with nice, rustic "square" rooms (instead of long and narrow), a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, and owners insightful enough to get IN (not out) back when the "getting was good." CCV offers cabin or 3-bedroom splurges, or a room in the main building, which is sometimes nice, too. It's ALL GREAT, at least in my book! Personally, I'm very late to the party, but this CCV owner is thrilled to be staying at WLV (the original) come January.

Also planning a short 2 night trip in October to do MNSSHP but that will probably be at Pop as we won’t have any points to spare (I already need more!).
You've learned an unequivocal truth--needing more points is a common affliction, which many on the DIS call, addonitis. And, welcome back to the Groupies! Don't be such a stranger!
Confessions of a VWL Groupie. Today I modified a Villas at WL 1 BR, eight night reservation (summer 2018) and moved to Copper Creek 1BR. I feel like a turn coat. But I did it anyway. We honeymooned (1997) there for four or five nights after returning from Royal Caribbean cruise. Eastern Caribbean which was excellent, but I digress. We stayed in the south wing and our balcony had a truly “wilderness” view. When our daughter was six years thru twelve we always stayed in the lodge and we miss it to be honest. Well I do mostly. Anyway I am feeling guilty and will miss the boardwalk to the octagon in our villas. Hopefully this not disqualify me from the group although I would understand if I have forfeited my voting privileges!

By the way. 17 nights until we are back home again. Christmas is coming fast.
Nothing wrong with that, and a love of the LODGE is all that's required. Copper Creek is a lovely new resort, and certainly, VWL has loads of charm and sentimental value for those of us who call it home. At some point, I'm certain we'll switch to CC for a stay, and I'm sure we'll enjoy it, as well. Your memories are precious, and I can easily understand how that part of the Lodge is
I agree! I realize I can't quite "get it" as a CCV-only owner, but I know we all have in common a love for the Wilderness Lodge. I hope the CC/BR division doesn't cause any warring factions of WL DVC owners or fans. They both have their plusses. WLV is the one-and-only original, with nice, rustic "square" rooms (instead of long and narrow), a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, and owners insightful enough to get IN (not out) back when the "getting was good." CCV offers cabin or 3-bedroom splurges, or a room in the main building, which is sometimes nice, too. It's ALL GREAT, at least in my book! Personally, I'm very late to the party, but this CCV owner is thrilled to be staying at WLV (the original) come January.
Very true! There is something appealing about both CC and VWL, and you can't go wrong with either. Actually, I do think you can "get it" as a Copper Creek owner. . .and as a BCV owner, BLT, et.al. What joins us in spirit is a love for Disney (despite some of their boneheaded decisions) and being able to follow through on that with DVC ownership. Yes, VWL was the original at the Lodge, but Copper Creek is a lovely addition to the Lodge and to DVC. You have every right to be thrilled with CC! And I seriously doubt there will ever be in warring factions at our beloved Lodge--we're nearly twins!

Heading to the airport in about an hour. Looking forward to our meet tonight at TOTWL! :cool1:

:bday: Happy Birthday to you, @twinklebug !!! :bday:

@KAT4DISNEY ... great pictures, and just the warm-up needed to get me primed for WDW! :thumbsup2

I agree! I realize I can't quite "get it" as a CCV-only owner, but I know we all have in common a love for the Wilderness Lodge. I hope the CC/BR division doesn't cause any warring factions of WL DVC owners or fans.

As @sleepydog25 indicated, we are much more like brothers and sisters rather than warring factions. I can't see any emnity ever arising and in fact, as has been pointed out, both are DVC villas at Wilderness Lodge resort...and like Sleepy I'm sure we'll stay at CCV at some point.

You and all CCV owners are always welcomed here in your "second home". :)

Happy birthday twinklebug and happy anniversary dvcjen!11
Hope the day is great for you both.

Got room #5517 a1 bed just off elevator to left in corner area. We can see pool to our right and GP off a little beyond pool. Great area! Loving being back home!
Had a very good conversation with a CM who checked us in. He spoke a lot about the Carolewood Pacific room, and knowing Stan very well.
He shot a video of Stans last Wonders of Lodge tour and celebrated his final day with him.

Jimmy, double checked wit my husband and that room is the one we had in September. We really liked it. Kati and I are right below you right now. We are in #4517! We have rested and walked a lot, doesn’t seem like those really go together but it has beeen an interesting trip so far.
We got stuck on the Pirates of the Caribbean and had to sit til we could be rescued. Got a little behind the scenes tour as we left the area to get back in the park.

The hospital is being very good at keeping me informed on Clay’s progress. So all is good.

Happy Birthday twinklebug!!!!
Happy Anniversary DVC Jen!!!!

Jimmy, double checked wit my husband and that room is the one we had in September. We really liked it. Kati and I are right below you right now. We are in #4517! We have rested and walked a lot, doesn’t seem like those really go together but it has beeen an interesting trip so far.
We got stuck on the Pirates of the Caribbean and had to sit til we could be rescued. Got a little behind the scenes tour as we left the area to get back in the park.
If you hear any noise above, its Captain D(Casey)!!:D And very cool that you got a tour of Pirates!!

The hospital is being very good at keeping me informed on Clay’s progress. So all is good.[/QUOTE]
I know this eases your nerves to be able to keep in touch.

Safe travels Granny and Godspeed!! See ya real soon Pal

I am so sorry that I haven't posted any pictures yet. I have a good one of an impromptu meet with twokats and PrincessKat
on my phone, and a few random shots at Epcot and AK(mostly Pandora). Speaking of Pandora, rode Avatar last night and it was amazing! Without giving away a lot of details, riding thru the wave was my favorite part. In comparison, Spiderman and Diagon Alley over at Universal are the closet attractions that measure up or near this, if you have experienced either.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at groupie meet tonight!!
Now off to HS for some antics at 50s PTC before being tossed about on Star Tours, ToT and RnR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter