VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

A EF-2 touched down about 15 mins from where we live in Greensboro NC. A very congested area, with many schools being damaged, houses leveled or beyond repair. One live lost and many injured. We were eating out when the storm hit and felt very fortunate to not be exposed to the worst of it. It came very quickly. Also, another tornado, EF-1 hit very near where WFC4Life (Will) and Sechem32 (Liz) live. It was a path over 33 miles long.
So sorry to hear about this. Glad you are OK. We all need to seemingly hide from this years Spring weather. Stay safe!

We are at the Lodge!!! This place is so amazing!!!! I just love every detail they put into this place. Room was ready on arrival at 1:00. We have the dedicated two bedroom not exactly where I wanted it is near the atrium but woods facing. I think from now on I will ask for more general area than a few room numbers. I really wanted a pool view but it's totally ok because I'm at Disney. Moonlight Magic was super fun. Enjoyed being able to just keep getting on rides over and over. I do think as many do MK would be more enjoyable due to more rides. The character meet and greets still even at 12:30 am had very long lines. The cast members were super friendly and in good spirits.
I have to say the transportation so far this trip has been lacking both boat and bus. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot yesterday and my daughter and friend did as well later in the day. We also waited over 40 minutes for the boat to MK last night only to get on and find out they had to make a stop at FT. Wilderness because 12 people all from different parties got on the wrong boat??? Something seemed weird with that somewhere along the lines communication was lacking. But we are in Disney and I absolutely love the Lodge so much. Tonite it's Artist Point, I will let you know. How it goes.

A EF-2 touched down about 15 mins from where we live in Greensboro NC. A very congested area, with many schools being damaged, houses leveled or beyond repair. One live lost and many injured. We were eating out when the storm hit and felt very fortunate to not be exposed to the worst of it. It came very quickly. Also, another tornado, EF-1 hit very near where WFC4Life (Will) and Sechem32 (Liz) live. It was a path over 33 miles long.

So sad to hear that Jimmy! Glad you are all ok though. I do not miss living in an area of the country that is consistently threatened by tornados although since I still work in one of those areas I'm not completely out of it. Hated the watches and warnings as a kid and that hasn't changed. When I was in high school my dad had the very good luck (some good sense I'd say) to leave a machine shed when the weather started looking bad. In the time he was driving from it around some grain bins over to my aunt and uncles house it was taken down by the winds. :eek: The 70 year old barn that needed tearing down that was right next to it? Made it thru the storm of course.

I liked the laminate in the CCV studio, except when I was wearing socks or my soft leather house shoes. I slipped several times and fell into the wall when I was moving my chair and stand up at the table when my feet went out from under me. I don't know if it was just me or what as DH didn't have any problems.

This sounds scary to me, as I am not sure footed. I had been concerned in the past, but so far that has not happened. I will be especially careful if we stay in a CCV studio.
I guess you were not hurt, but you could have been.

I just had one night in the CCV studios. When walking in socks I could definitely feel a slip, not a grip. It's what I feel on all the new vinyl flooring they have put in. I feel that even the tile floors have more of a grip coefficient as I don't recall having the same feeling on any of those. But the vinyl? You want to walk centered or keep shoes on IMO.

I just had one night in the CCV studios. When walking in socks I could definitely feel a slip, not a grip. It's what I feel on all the new vinyl flooring they have put in. I feel that even the tile floors have more of a grip coefficient as I don't recall having the same feeling on any of those. But the vinyl? You want to walk centered or keep shoes on IMO.
Good thoughts, thank you.

Such an amazing day at the Lodge today. The pool was very quiet for most of the day. CM came by and asked if we wanted food or drinks around noon. Forgot to mention yesterday we went to the mercantile and asked if they had any butter and cream cheese out back because we didn't see anything the case. CM went out back to discover they didn't have so she volunteered to go to Roaring fork and get us a handful. I thought that was really going the extra mile for customer service.

Booked my Flower & Garden stay for March today. I normally want to be at BCV & don't especially love split stays for short trips, but I had to book our beloved Lodge for a couple nights. I'll do 2 nights there Sat & Sun when I don't generally do parks anyway then move to BCV for the last 3 for easy Epcot access. Best of both worlds. ::yes:: I think I'm going to try to switch at 7 mos. from BLT to VWL for Dec too. I don't hold out much hope of getting a studio even by wait listing because it's already fully booked, but it's worth a shot. If I don't get it it's not like I won't enjoy BLT, but it's been so long since I stayed at VWL in Dec. Would be great to be home again.

So sorry I got tied up yesterday and missed the big party . . what!?! . no party? Well there should have been a big one!

party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEA POT! party:

party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY DisneyNutzy! party:

We are at the Lodge!!! This place is so amazing!!!! I just love every detail they put into this place. Room was ready on arrival at 1:00. We have the dedicated two bedroom not exactly where I wanted it is near the atrium but woods facing. I think from now on I will ask for more general area than a few room numbers. I really wanted a pool view but it's totally ok because I'm at Disney. Moonlight Magic was super fun. Enjoyed being able to just keep getting on rides over and over. I do think as many do MK would be more enjoyable due to more rides. The character meet and greets still even at 12:30 am had very long lines. The cast members were super friendly and in good spirits.
I have to say the transportation so far this trip has been lacking both boat and bus. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot yesterday and my daughter and friend did as well later in the day. We also waited over 40 minutes for the boat to MK last night only to get on and find out they had to make a stop at FT. Wilderness because 12 people all from different parties got on the wrong boat??? Something seemed weird with that somewhere along the lines communication was lacking. But we are in Disney and I absolutely love the Lodge so much. Tonite it's Artist Point, I will let you know. How it goes.
we are here too! Lakeside room. we also have fallen in love with this resort after 21 years of coming to wdw and staying at many resorts and dvc . Buses have been hit or miss, boats not too bad of a wait.

So I missed the party for Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy 'cause I was tied up at the local hospital yesterday. DiznyDi has pneumonia and I took her to the ER where she was admitted. She is feeling much better today, but really needs a little while on IV antibiotics & Steroids to help. This really is an exacerbation of her Immune Deficiencies & Bronchiectasis issues. 12 days until blast off for The Lodge! This stay should put DiznyDi on top of things and make for an easy relaxing trip.

So I missed the party for Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy 'cause I was tied up at the local hospital yesterday. DiznyDi has pneumonia and I took her to the ER where she was admitted. She is feeling much better today, but really needs a little while on IV antibiotics & Steroids to help. This really is an exacerbation of her Immune Deficiencies & Bronchiectasis issues. 12 days until blast off for The Lodge! This stay should put DiznyDi on top of things and make for an easy relaxing trip.
Oh No! Give her our best - and prayers for a quick recovery

Oh my! Prayers that you recover and enjoy your upcoming trip, DiznyDi. Hugs to you too, Dizny Dad.

Sorry to hear! I have been sick since Saturday with lots of chest congestion and cough. I was put on steroids and mucinex but have been having trouble breathing so I am a little more worried about it, and now my ears are starting to hurt. I blame end of the school year stress and this horrible bipolar weather!

Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter