VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Oh. My. Gosh. We are wide awake because the person in the room next to us is snoring so loudly that it is ALL we can hear. We are @ BCV - I cannot believe how loud this is!

ETA: it continued throughout the night. Around 11:30 I called the front desk to explain the situation, knowing she could not stop a guest from snoring! :laughing: first she checked to see if they were checking out today, (they are not) so she offered to change our room. I gladly accepted, kind of a drag to have to move after settling in, but this was truly disruptive. She also offered to send up earplugs! I could still hear with my earbuds and mediations. Oh well, I guess it’s good this has never happened before, we’ll hang at SAB when we return from MK if the room is not ready. Have a great day!

A few pics from last night!
My goodness...so sorry that you guys didn't get much rest! I absolutely feel your pain because my FIL snores VERY LOUD and I could also hear it through the wall! Luckily, it never disrupted our sleep whenever my in laws stay with us because there's an office between our room. But I did hear it whenever I was up early and walked by their room. I have no clue HOW my MIL sleeps....

Glad they were able to switch you to a different room even though it's a hassle. Get some good rest tonight!

We are all moved in to our new room, it was ready around 2! They really were so accommodating and we are most appreciative. I have never had to move due to noise!

We had a great morning at the MK, rode PoC, HM, Philharmagic, CoP. Just walked around and soaked up all the magic. The sky is beautiful, and it’s very toasty, but no humidity!:sunny:

We are all moved in to our new room, it was ready around 2! They really were so accommodating and we are most appreciative. I have never had to move due to noise!

We had a great morning at the MK, rode PoC, HM, Philharmagic, CoP. Just walked around and soaked up all the magic. The sky is beautiful, and it’s very toasty, but no humidity!:sunny:
Send a cast compliment on MDE! :goodvibes

I promise I searched, but came up empty.

Are the boats to MK and/or to CR and FW scooter/wheelchair accessible? My memory says some are, but I don’t want to depend on it.

Are the boats to MK and/or to CR and FW scooter/wheelchair accessible? My memory says some are, but I don’t want to depend on it.
Hey Carolyn
The big boats to MK are but the little steamboat Willie boats are not

From time to time the little boats will.take folks to MK, seems in the less busy times of transport is when they seem to be out more

The little boats are always the ones to CR and FW

Hope this helps

Hey Carolyn
The big boats to MK are but the little steamboat Willie boats are not

From time to time the little boats will.take folks to MK, seems in the less busy times of transport is when they seem to be out more

The little boats are always the ones to CR and FW

Hope this helps
It does, thanks! I’m trying to help someone on another message board!

There’s usually 2 boats that loop thru the ‘Red Line’ route from WL to MK…one is a Launch (small) and one is a Cruiser (larger)…it’s the Cruisers that are big enough for ECVs…

Over on the camping thread, there is a post about the trail from WL to FW
According to some recent posts,it looks promising that the trail may open back up soon😊

Thanks, Jimmy. I think that this rumor may have some merit for one reason only...because they are selling the FW Cabins right now. Disney does a great job of giving the DVC guides the selling points for each resort, and an open trail is an inexpensive thing to accomplish. It allows the guides to say things like "And you can walk on this nice trail over to Wilderness Lodge which has a character meal, a great lakeside bar and other fine amenities". Why not use WL to help sell FW cabins? Maybe they'll add back the second boat to run counter-clockwise on the lake for the same reason? We can hope, can't we?

Hello all! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. Lots of family stuff going on with my DD who is 38 and going through some major life changes. She seems to be arriving at a good place now and my DGD is handling all the changes amazingly well for an almost 5 year old. I think she may grow up to be a very flexible person!
Anyhow, still reading WDW news and keeping up with our beloved villas. I saw a post on FB that the exteriors of the villas will be being worked on from April-December. :(
This will not change my mind about where we will stay in November, but I thought I had timed my trip well to avoid any refurbs. Oh well. Looking forward to my DGD’s 2nd trip and seeing how different it will be for her at 5 than it was at 3. She told me today that she wants to eat with Goofy again. :)
My best to all my groupie friends! Happy Spring!
Btw, jimmytammy, I am very sorry about the traffic you encountered in SC! I think we will be relying on Waze in November.
P.S. I can’t believe that I forgot to mention that another reason I have been MIA is because my mom died last month, just 4 months after my dad passed. She was 98, he was 95. I was lucky to have them in my life for so long. Like I said, lots of life stuff!

Wow...so many things going on. I'm glad you have your upcoming trip to look forward to. I'm so sorry about the loss of your parents.

I saw the thing about outside refurbishment. I wonder what kind of work they are going to be doing exactly. We'll be there in January (hopefully) so I suppose there's a chance it could take longer than they think.

Hello all! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. Lots of family stuff going on with my DD who is 38 and going through some major life changes. She seems to be arriving at a good place now and my DGD is handling all the changes amazingly well for an almost 5 year old. I think she may grow up to be a very flexible person!
Anyhow, still reading WDW news and keeping up with our beloved villas. I saw a post on FB that the exteriors of the villas will be being worked on from April-December. :(
This will not change my mind about where we will stay in November, but I thought I had timed my trip well to avoid any refurbs. Oh well. Looking forward to my DGD’s 2nd trip and seeing how different it will be for her at 5 than it was at 3. She told me today that she wants to eat with Goofy again. :)
My best to all my groupie friends! Happy Spring!
Btw, jimmytammy, I am very sorry about the traffic you encountered in SC! I think we will be relying on Waze in November.
P.S. I can’t believe that I forgot to mention that another reason I have been MIA is because my mom died last month, just 4 months after my dad passed. She was 98, he was 95. I was lucky to have them in my life for so long. Like I said, lots of life stuff!
Happy spring, indeed! Some of the best weather and some of the worst. pirate:

Glad you're back online again, and condolences for the losses of your parents. My mom lived to 97, and really, while sadness is natural, the knowledge that we had so many good years gives us lots of grand memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter