VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So today I registered to go to the condominium meeting. Notice the list of home resorts we have to choose from!

Home Resort(s)*
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai'i
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Riviera Resort

Whew. The weekend is almost here. I won't be able to enjoy much of it due to my high school thespian crew competing in the one-act play competition sectional festival all day tomorrow. Sunday, I'll have rehearsal for my latest community theater effort (Marley's Ghost in A CHRISTMAS CAROL--I may have said that before, so apologies if I did). So, a truncated weekend for me. However, it appears, APPEARS, we have power again after nearly 24 hours without. Lost it yesterday afternoon and it was out all night and day until about an hour ago. . .so they say. This is the same company who kept sending email messages saying that the power outage reported for my area was "not without power" so the ticket had been closed. Twice. The third time I guess it stuck. Anyway, I'll find out in about another hour if it is, indeed, back on. Fortunately, we have a gas range so we had a hot meal last night (30F with 25-30 mph winds); unfortunately, we live on a well, aka No Pump, No Water.

How was everyone else's week? It's been a relatively quiet posting week.
Cheers!
Patrick

Bobbi
Looks like they finally got it right!

Sleepy
All is good here in NC. Storms did more damage towards Greensboro than here. Trick or treaters got soaked. Our nieces and nephew and BIL are with us for a few days and those poor kids were soaked to the bone. Luckily, no power lost. I too am on a well so its the pits when power is off. I feel for ya man. Glad you are back up and running!!

Last edited:

Happy to hear your trip was nice Granny! I was in Sarasota and they were also experiencing a hotter than normal October, but since we were at the beach every day it was enjoyable. :beach:

We are headed to the Lodge in 30 days! I’m really looking forward to it! Hoping the temps will be warmer than the last December trip in 2017.....brrrrrrrr

Good afternoon groupies. Just lounging on the couch after a 10k race this morning. I need to get a little more serious before the princess half in February, or I’ll be miserable (my own fault). The real world and that pesky job that pays bills just gets in the way! We’ve got regional cheer competition on Wednesday, then a few weeks to perfect everything before state in December (if we qualify). I’m feeling very conflicted about state competition in December. It worked out that state and my daughters grad school graduation are the same exact day, and not even relatively close in proximity. I’m not going to miss graduation, but DD16 will need to be with her team, so she will miss her sister’s graduation. I hate not being with my team as well. I need to be in two places at once! :moped:
I did see where there is going to be a DVC event at AK while we are down for our 1/2 marathon trip. Tickets will be available on the 20th of this month. Anyone been successful getting tickets to an event? Any advice? What time do they even release them? It would be fun to get to attend!

Good afternoon groupies. Just lounging on the couch after a 10k race this morning. I need to get a little more serious before the princess half in February, or I’ll be miserable (my own fault). The real world and that pesky job that pays bills just gets in the way! We’ve got regional cheer competition on Wednesday, then a few weeks to perfect everything before state in December (if we qualify). I’m feeling very conflicted about state competition in December. It worked out that state and my daughters grad school graduation are the same exact day, and not even relatively close in proximity. I’m not going to miss graduation, but DD16 will need to be with her team, so she will miss her sister’s graduation. I hate not being with my team as well. I need to be in two places at once! :moped:
I did see where there is going to be a DVC event at AK while we are down for our 1/2 marathon trip. Tickets will be available on the 20th of this month. Anyone been successful getting tickets to an event? Any advice? What time do they even release them? It would be fun to get to attend!

Hi Erin! Sounds like you have a packed schedule next month, and it's a shame that you have that hard conflict with the graduation and cheer competition.

I haven't booked the Moonlight Magic but it seems to me that it is through the member site? If it is like other similar events, it gets sold out really quickly (as in less than an hour), so you'll want to be ready for it as soon as the window opens. Sorry I don't know more specifics about how to sign up for this.

Hi Erin,

I’ve been able to attend two Member Magic events over the last few years. Guests with existing reservations typically are able to book first, and unless they have changed their procedure (which, let’s face it, is entirely possible :ssst:),an email goes out to members with an existing reservation with instructions on when you will be able to book. Hope this helps!

Hi Erin,

I’ve been able to attend two Member Magic events over the last few years. Guests with existing reservations typically are able to book first, and unless they have changed their procedure (which, let’s face it, is entirely possible :ssst:),an email goes out to members with an existing reservation with instructions on when you will be able to book. Hope this helps!

Corinne...you nailed it! :thumbsup2 I found this on DVC News site:

Disney's Animal Kingdom: Tuesday January 21, Tuesday February 11 and Tuesday February 25, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday November 20, 2019; others can register Wednesday December 4.

So it looks like resort guests get a full two weeks head start on event reservations. Based on previous bookings, I think they will "sell out" in much shorter time than two weeks.

And for those thinking about heading to one of these events in 2020, here are the other announced locations, event nights, and booking windows:

Magic Kingdom: Tuesday March 3, Tuesday April 21 and Tuesday April 28, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday January 8; others can register Wednesday January 15.

Epcot: Monday May 4 and Monday June 29, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday March 11; others can register Wednesday March 18.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon: Monday July 27 and Monday August 10, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday June 17; others can register Wednesday June 24.

Disney's Hollywood Studios: Tuesday September 15, Tuesday September 22 and Tuesday October 6, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday July 15; others can register Wednesday July 22.

Thanks Granny and Corinne! I guess I'm not clear if I have to have a special link to get to it, or just go to the member site that day? We already have the reservation at VWL that goes through the 26th, so I'm definitely in the time frame. Of course booking day is the 20th and is a Wednesday. I'm at work that day. I'm kinda hoping that it's not like 8:00a.m. eastern time, because that's right in the middle of my commute. Oh I would hate to have to be sick from school that day! :p

We are never there for member events, so I was pretty excited to see that they were having one. I'm kind of surprised that they are offering it that day. It's Mardi Gras and I know the parks will be packed. Still undecided about ticket purchases for the trip. When I called MS the other day though, I was told no other park tickets were required to enter for the member event. That would be awesome!

Thanks Granny and Corinne! I guess I'm not clear if I have to have a special link to get to it, or just go to the member site that day? We already have the reservation at VWL that goes through the 26th, so I'm definitely in the time frame. Of course booking day is the 20th and is a Wednesday. I'm at work that day. I'm kinda hoping that it's not like 8:00a.m. eastern time, because that's right in the middle of my commute. Oh I would hate to have to be sick from school that day! :p

We are never there for member events, so I was pretty excited to see that they were having one. I'm kind of surprised that they are offering it that day. It's Mardi Gras and I know the parks will be packed. Still undecided about ticket purchases for the trip. When I called MS the other day though, I was told no other park tickets were required to enter for the member event. That would be awesome!

Erin...as I recall, I received an email from Disney with a special link in it. Here's a link I found for a Disney California Adventure Moonlight Magic: http://disneyurl.com/DVCDCA2019

Just showing that event to demonstrate that it is a strange link that you get in an email if you have a reservation. I believe that the booking page goes live at 9:00 am Eastern Time.

I just found another article with more details...looks like it is a web-only reservation system: New Booking Procedure for Moonlight Magic

Happy to hear your trip was nice Granny! I was in Sarasota and they were also experiencing a hotter than normal October, but since we were at the beach every day it was enjoyable. :beach:

We are headed to the Lodge in 30 days! I’m really looking forward to it! Hoping the temps will be warmer than the last December trip in 2017.....brrrrrrrr

Oh my gosh - that was COLD. Ian and I were freezing! Hope it is nicer for you.

We were able to attend Typhoon Lagoon’s MM in October. I had not received an email, and I did have a BWV RESERVATION. I just followed the link in the member web site. I had a studio, and was able to book for four of us. My DS and DGD were not on my studio reservation, but I was asked how many tickets I wanted and 4 was not a problem.

Next year, I hope to get into a DHS MM event.

I'm baaaaack! Did you miss me? Now you'll have to kiss me! No no no! Don't do that! Anywho, my fingers are itching to submit my resignation and retire. We'll see if I do it sooner or next May. I hope to see folks this December. We'll be there from Dec 1 - 6 at VWL and we'll be at the Riviera Resort from Dec 19 - 21. But I plan on taking a lot of time off this December, so if I can pop over (sounds nice, doesn't it?) if someone wants to meet up. After all, I live only less than 10 minutes away from our precious lodge. I hope everybody is well. Ciao for now!

Erin...as I recall, I received an email from Disney with a special link in it. Here's a link I found for a Disney California Adventure Moonlight Magic: http://disneyurl.com/DVCDCA2019

Just showing that event to demonstrate that it is a strange link that you get in an email if you have a reservation. I believe that the booking page goes live at 9:00 am Eastern Time.

I just found another article with more details...looks like it is a web-only reservation system: New Booking Procedure for Moonlight Magic

Thanks Granny! This sounds a lot like registering for the run Disney races. It’s kind of the same thing with the waiting queue. I’m going to have to figure out a plan to be in front of a computer at 8:00 sharp that morning!

So, I notice that @Dizny Dad and @DiznyDi are down to just a couple of days until their big family adventure at WDW. Looking forward to hearing about it.

And I imagine Di is pretty much done with the sleeping thing at this point! :)

Saw in Humphreys FB page this AM there is a possibility WL will be getting its own gingerbread house in the lobby where they usually set up a temporary store for the Christmas season

I hope this true and even more hope for it to be Lodge themed 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter