VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Ron...people have been experiencing the "sideways photo posting" issue on this site, especially when posting from their phones. But here are your images turned upright...

Ron1.jpeg

Ron2.jpeg

I made the map a little larger to make it easier to see. Love the bird feeding...we experienced that at Discovery Cove in Orlando (next to Sea World) and it's a lot of fun.

Oh, and last bit about the zoo — they had Dole Whip :) .

Okay...now the zoo visit is a MUST! 🍦

Got all our FPs booked Thursday, including FOP, Millineum Falcon and Slinky Dog . We booked at 7am and came in that evening to find the happy announcement of HS only having Slinky and Millineum Falcon as Tier 1. That sure did open up a world of possibilities as we quickly altered our plans and felt great that RNRC and ToT were back to Tier 2. I feel like they are doing all this prepping for Runaway Train to open. Thoughts?

Got all our FPs booked Thursday, including FOP, Millineum Falcon and Slinky Dog . We booked at 7am and came in that evening to find the happy announcement of HS only having Slinky and Millineum Falcon as Tier 1. That sure did open up a world of possibilities as we quickly altered our plans and felt great that RNRC and ToT were back to Tier 2. I feel like they are doing all this prepping for Runaway Train to open. Thoughts?
I can't say for certain what prompted Disney to restructure the tier system at DHS, but I'm thrilled they did. As I said coming back from our last trip, DHS felt like one big waiting room since you waited for RotR and, given almost every ride there became a Tier 1 ride, you waited for other rides in standby or for your FP window to open. Now, it appears DHS will feel like an actual park again. We (read: Luv) readjusted our rides, too, and now we're locked in to a bunch of rides we didn't do in December. I do believe, JT, that they will make the Runaway Train a Tier 1. Three Tier 1 rides, RotR, and then the rest as Tier 2 sounds like a great plan to me. My favorite ride, RnR, is now a Tier 2. . .and TSM! Love it!

So, VWL has the Bambi characters as their own. We even have the pillows to prove it!

wilderness-lodge-villa-1bdrm-07.jpg

But a Bambi live action remake? I always thought Dumbo was a bad idea and it did not do that great so others apparently agreed and now they're going for Bambi? Love the characters. And remain traumatized from it and still vividely remember watching it sitting on the floor in front of the theater seats as a youngster on a Saturday afternoon because the theate was over sold. I've never been able to watch the entire movie again.

So, VWL has the Bambi characters as their own. We even have the pillows to prove it!

Yeah, they've had those pillows for a time now--a cute touch. That couch? A version of it can be found in pretty much any DVC resort that hasn't been recently refurbished or built. pirate:

Yeah, they've had those pillows for a time now--a cute touch. That couch? A version of it can be found in pretty much any DVC resort that hasn't been recently refurbished or built. pirate:

I actually just posted the picture to comment on the Bambi live action movie that seems to be in the work. :goodvibes

The couch is as you say nothing special and I've always contended the rug came from Lowes Home Improvement.

Although - I don't dislike the sofa. It's not beige. But it's also not a good quality material and hasn't worn well in the rooms I've been in. But I really like that it's not beige and unlike a few others I was not a fan of the previous couch.

Although - I don't dislike the sofa. It's not beige. But it's also not a good quality material and hasn't worn well in the rooms I've been in. But I really like that it's not beige and unlike a few others I was not a fan of the previous couch.
Yep, the couches didn't age well. Heck, they looked tired when they first did the refurb at VWL. Ours in the studio we had in December was worn and dirty on the armrests. But, as you say, it wasn't beige. ;)

We got a great view!! This is a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor, 4537. I requested specific room numbers and got my 3rd choice. Great view of the water pageant and MK fireworks looking off to the far left of our balcony. pixiedust:
View attachment 468345View attachment 468346View attachment 468347
Welcome, J! Looks like a fabulous room. I don't know that I've had that particular room, but I've had one close by. . .back before the cabins were put in. You get the pool, the lake, EWP, and some of the fireworks. Hard to beat that!

Good Morning Groupies!

With great sadness we had to cancel our waitlist for VGC for this March. We had to cancel our flight in order to not take a bath (only $75 now). So, we have a year to use the credit. I didn’t see much hope of it coming through and I couldn’t see the sense of paying $350/ night even at a good neighbor hotel. And, too late to find anything at WDW so our March 2020 trip is blown up. But, out of sadness comes great joy as I flipped this into our first ever VWL stay over Christmas. So, I booked a 1BR for 12-19-20 through 12-26-20 !:-)

Last edited:
Good Morning Groupies!

With great sadness we had to cancel our waitlist for VGC for this March. We had to cancel our flight in order to not take a bath (only $75 now). So, we have a year to use the credit. I didn’t see much hope of it coming through and I couldn’t see the sense of paying $350/ night even at a good neighbor hotel. And, too late to find anything at WDW so our March 2020 trip is blown up. But, out of sadness comes great joy as I flipped this into our first ever VWL stay over Christmas. So, I booked a 1BR for 12-19-20 through 12-26-20 !:-)
Sorry to hear about losing out on VGC and March altogether; however, you are correct that you scored something grand in being able to stay at VWL during Christmas. Congrats!

Wow. I'm not sure if it is just my computer or what. All of the DIS threads I visit are all squished onto the left side of the screen with DVC News, charts, etc all on the right side. If this is the new format, I can see how many would not bother to visit the threads as it seems like so many other sights that are PACKED with advertising. I guess I can overlook it, but I already miss the full page spread.

Wow. I'm not sure if it is just my computer or what. All of the DIS threads I visit are all squished onto the left side of the screen with DVC News, charts, etc all on the right side. If this is the new format, I can see how many would not bother to visit the threads as it seems like so many other sights that are PACKED with advertising. I guess I can overlook it, but I already miss the full page spread.

It just changed to that for me in the last couple minutes. Hoping it is not permanent.

But a Bambi live action remake? I always thought Dumbo was a bad idea and it did not do that great so others apparently agreed and now they're going for Bambi? Love the characters. And remain traumatized from it and still vividely remember watching it sitting on the floor in front of the theater seats as a youngster on a Saturday afternoon because the theate was over sold. I've never been able to watch the entire movie again.

I liked those pillows. They're cute. I too give a thumbs down to live action Bambi. Not necessary.

I thought it was just me. Really annoying. Hope it's a temporary glitch.

@Jperiod you did get a great view! :thumbsup2

I forgot to mention for my Dec. stay I put in a request for high floor lake side. What did I get? 2nd floor, bus side almost all the way down near the dreaded dumpster view. It actually turned out to be a great room. Almost across from an exit stairway & it was really quiet. Still would have liked a lake view though.

My computer showed the scrunched up look late last night, but is looking fine now. I always assume it is someone in IT working on something and just misses something. Looks all better now!

I flipped this into our first ever VWL stay over Christmas. So, I booked a 1BR for 12-19-20 through 12-26-20 !:-)

Ron...congrats on your December VWL Christmas booking! I don't know if you've stayed over this time of year before, but it is crazy crowded in the parks. Best to book your FP's, and exercise a lot of patience. It is also a good time for resort hopping to view decorations. And of course, just hanging around the lobby at the Lodge at that time of year is a Tier 1 attraction in itself!

I could not watch live action Dumbo, and will not watch live action Bambi. The original ones were traumatic enough for me.

At another time, I also spent most of Snow White under the movie house seat. My mother was having my sister that day, and my grandmother took me to see Snow White. Yikes, that was a rough couple of days for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter