VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I'm happy to be on the west coast right now! 80+ degrees finally. But not to get too excited it's supposed to be high's in the 50's early next week. :crazy:

I just sent you a PM about the facemasks I had purchased.
enjoy that 80+ weather Kathy! :goodvibes☀️
Saw your PM, thanks again!🙋🏼‍♀️

Happy Mothers Day to all the groupie Moms, and what a wonderful group of them we have!!

Sleepy, we too had a frost last night and had too cover 35 plants. Its a struggle rounding up that many buckets:teeth:

We canceled our anniversary trip to England and France. Liz aka sechem32, our travel agent, is working on getting our refunds, etc. I feel bad for her as her business is really in dire straits right now, fortunately though, its part time, so not totally relying on it, having a full time time job,but still, after all that leg work to just come up empty.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts and prayers. Looks like it was a benign tumor thank goodness. He will still have to have surgery for his enlarged pituitary gland though. He may have a chance to come home tomorrow. Will have to go back for the other surgery though. Hubby thinks we still may be able to take our trip next spring. I sure hope so. These past three years have been really rough and it would be so nice to escape reality if only for a bit. Love you all!

Sleepy, we too had a frost last night and had too cover 35 plants. Its a struggle rounding up that many buckets:teeth:
So, high 50s today but winds in the 20-25 mph range, gusting to 30 mph. That will go through the night negating the need for frost warnings but keeping windchills low. By Monday night, winds will have died but the cold will still be here, so facing yet another night of frost warnings. I just don't think all my plants will survive. First world problems to be sure but aggravating, nonetheless. We got out for a chilly walk yesterday and with the winds higher today, we stayed in. I'm thankful for the sun but really hate not getting out and working in the yard or something of the sort. I feel as though we've been in some sort of Groundhog Day movie situation the past two months.

KAT, Congratulations on becoming an Auntie again!!
DLI, Awesome News!! Praying all continues to go well and that trip happens
Sleepy, hoping the weather man is right for our area and those warmer temps for alter this week aren't just a teaser

Well, we went ahead and cancelled our September trip to WDW. Originally it was a May trip, and we pushed it back to September when all the coronavirus stuff started. We had borrowed all the points from our following year UY, and they were set to expire on October 1. We decided to cancel the trip, and fully expected that we would lose the 227 points to expiration.

The CM at Member Services couldn't have been any nicer. When I called, she said no problem and they would "unborrow" the points. I was actually surprised since WDW will certainly be open by September, so I didn't expect any bending of the rules. But she just put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back on and told me that I was good to go. And I immediately viewed the points returned to their original Use Year.

So now I have a lot of points for next year, as so many members will have. As Sleepy (@sleepydog25 ) indicated, we may have to look into a cabin stay next year!

In the midst of all this mess, the "magic" of Disney was truly a blessing. I would not have complained if I had lost my points, but I am truly appreciative of Disney allowing this unborrowing of points when they really didn't have to. :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts and prayers. Looks like it was a benign tumor thank goodness. He will still have to have surgery for his enlarged pituitary gland though. He may have a chance to come home tomorrow. Will have to go back for the other surgery though. Hubby thinks we still may be able to take our trip next spring. I sure hope so. These past three years have been really rough and it would be so nice to escape reality if only for a bit. Love you all!

That is wonderful news. All the best for the surgery. Fingers crossed he is back home and feeling much better soon.

We’re keeping our Sept trip but the main purpose is to see Jerry’s beloved TarHeels play football in Orlando - if that doesn’t happen - we may cancel as well - hope we get a very understanding CM like you got Granny but if not - only about 70 borrowed points that will expire.

We have not canceled our September trip yet. We are supposed to spend 5 days there with our older son and his wife, and then the 4 of us are hoping to head to Sarasota for 4 days. The airfare and hotel in Sarasota can easily be canceled, WDW, not so sure. Yesterday I suggested a possibility could be spending the 5 days at the BCV, no parks. But we’ll see.

Well, we went ahead and cancelled our September trip to WDW. Originally it was a May trip, and we pushed it back to September when all the coronavirus stuff started. We had borrowed all the points from our following year UY, and they were set to expire on October 1. We decided to cancel the trip, and fully expected that we would lose the 227 points to expiration.

The CM at Member Services couldn't have been any nicer. When I called, she said no problem and they would "unborrow" the points. I was actually surprised since WDW will certainly be open by September, so I didn't expect any bending of the rules. But she just put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back on and told me that I was good to go. And I immediately viewed the points returned to their original Use Year.

So now I have a lot of points for next year, as so many members will have. As Sleepy (@sleepydog25 ) indicated, we may have to look into a cabin stay next year!

In the midst of all this mess, the "magic" of Disney was truly a blessing. I would not have complained if I had lost my points, but I am truly appreciative of Disney allowing this unborrowing of points when they really didn't have to. :)

Maybe we all could get a row of Cabins! :goodvibes

Sorry about joining the club of lost trips. Nice that you had borrowed and were able to get those placed back! I'm currently trying to rent out my banked October points that came from our cancelled April trip. So far no extension on those like the Apr and June UY's received although I understand that. I suppose if things aren't opened up for 2-3 more months then banked Oct points may get looked at as well.

Well, we went ahead and cancelled our September trip to WDW.
Im glad all went well for you folks getting points back. I too feel the CMs have been really helpful in all this chaos. WDW will still be there for us down the road. Travel to and from may be the biggest difference for the future that I see. Tammy read an article Forbes released(bear in mind, this was writers opinion and thoughts)about future air travel. The writer mentioned airlines may require immunizations to fly. We shall see.

Our youngest came home yesterday. She is staying until tomorrow evening. I have missed her sooo much. Grabbed a hold of her and had a very hard time letting go. There may or may not have been tears on my part.
So glad you are getting to spend some quality time with her. Tears of joy, that's a good thing:)

We’re keeping our Sept trip but the main purpose is to see Jerry’s beloved TarHeels play football in Orlando - if that doesn’t happen - we may cancel as well - hope we get a very understanding CM like you got Granny but if not - only about 70 borrowed points that will expire.

If things dont work out, you folks could always stay home and go see the WolfPack play. I have met y'all, and I really do believe y'all would look good in Red:thumbsup2

Maybe we all could get a row of Cabins! :goodvibes
Great idea KAT! Lets book now before they get gobbled up:rotfl2:

Im glad all went well for you folks getting points back. I too feel the CMs have been really helpful in all this chaos. WDW will still be there for us down the road. Travel to and from may be the biggest difference for the future that I see. Tammy read an article Forbes released(bear in mind, this was writers opinion and thoughts)about future air travel. The writer mentioned airlines may require immunizations to fly. We shall see.

I just read that Forbes article. Everybody now seems to know what it will take to reopen and basically the consensus is to get shrink wrapped and sent along your way. However you won't be let in anywhere so doesn't seem to be much of a point in going. :rolleyes1

(Has Forbes gotten that bad? Or just need the clicks for advertising $$$'s?)

As Tammy and I celebrate our 30th today, we reminisce back on the days past. We have always taken the stand from our 1st to now that back in those early days we couldn’t afford to buy each other gifts so we agreed not too. Rather we would save and go on weekend getaways

Not much has changed since 1990, except the getaways have gotten longer and maybe a bit more pricey, but it’s still what we like, not things but experiences.

Well, a surprise awaited me today after dinner when Tammy pulled out some cookies she made, but not just any cookies, but WDW inspired cookies. These are from The Holiday Cookie Stroll at Epcot. She even used Ghiradelli chocolate. Let me just say, rich, chocolate goodness and heavenly tasting

Below is the proof. BTW this was after my 2nd one😊C5CA176C-EEDE-4275-B995-820531F6DF06.jpeg

As Tammy and I celebrate our 30th today, we reminisce back on the days past. We have always taken the stand from our 1st to now that back in those early days we couldn’t afford to buy each other gifts so we agreed not too. Rather we would save and go on weekend getaways

Not much has changed since 1990, except the getaways have gotten longer and maybe a bit more pricey, but it’s still what we like, not things but experiences.

Well, a surprise awaited me today after dinner when Tammy pulled out some cookies she made, but not just any cookies, but WDW inspired cookies. These are from The Holiday Cookie Stroll at Epcot. She even used Ghiradelli chocolate. Let me just say, rich, chocolate goodness and heavenly tasting

Below is the proof. BTW this was after my 2nd one😊View attachment 494438

Happy Anniversary Jimmy and Tammy!!!
Those cookies look delicious!

Happy 30th! Those cookies look soooo good!
Our 2022 trip is planned as our granddaughter's first WDW trip, but it will also be our 40th anniversary that May. I am really hoping things will be whatever the new normal is by then. I can't say "back" to normal anymore because I don't think that's possible, just like there was a new normal post 9/11. OK. Gotta cheer this post up with a photo from our 2014 trip when my DD got engaged at the Wishing Well. 💕 The people across the water cheered!
IMG_7842.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!