VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

As Tammy and I celebrate our 30th today, we reminisce back on the days past. We have always taken the stand from our 1st to now that back in those early days we couldn’t afford to buy each other gifts so we agreed not too. Rather we would save and go on weekend getaways

Not much has changed since 1990, except the getaways have gotten longer and maybe a bit more pricey, but it’s still what we like, not things but experiences.

Well, a surprise awaited me today after dinner when Tammy pulled out some cookies she made, but not just any cookies, but WDW inspired cookies. These are from The Holiday Cookie Stroll at Epcot. She even used Ghiradelli chocolate. Let me just say, rich, chocolate goodness and heavenly tasting

Below is the proof. BTW this was after my 2nd one😊View attachment 494438
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

As Tammy and I celebrate our 30th today, we reminisce back on the days past. We have always taken the stand from our 1st to now that back in those early days we couldn’t afford to buy each other gifts so we agreed not too. Rather we would save and go on weekend getaways

Happy anniversary

Jimmy, sorry I missed the anniversary, but I hope you two had a great one.
My 36th is coming, but unsure what we will do to celebrate.

Hey Groupies! Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Sitting here trying to figure out when I wanna try to get to DW next year. It's hard enough planning normally but now I'm wondering how all the stuff we are going through now will effect things and what I need to take into account for it.

I was booked the last week of Jan of 2021. It is my preferred time to go. It breaks up my winter so well. I changed it to the last week of Feb 2021 hoping things will be more normal but still get a winter break.

Hey Groupies! Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Sitting here trying to figure out when I wanna try to get to DW next year. It's hard enough planning normally but now I'm wondering how all the stuff we are going through now will effect things and what I need to take into account for it.
I was booked the last week of Jan of 2021. It is my preferred time to go. It breaks up my winter so well. I changed it to the last week of Feb 2021 hoping things will be more normal but still get a winter break.
I’m going to try and schedule 2021 just like ‘normal’ even though - like after 911 - it may be no longer quite the same.

Planning for WDW is indeed a chancy thing at this point. Even if it is open, what will it look like? How will this pandemic affect things in the long term?

For next year I think I'm looking at the second half of the year to book something. I think the game changer will be a widely available vaccine, and most "experts" indicate that getting one of those in the next 12-18 months is wildly optimistic. Still, with the amount of time & energy going into the research, and the fact that it is global (so all countries are working on a vaccine) leads me to hope that we'll see something by the end of next summer.

So at this point all we can really do is plan, and decide for ourselves what we are willing to put up with once we go such as masks, diminished park capacities, etc.

We have a December trip planned for this year, and we are hanging on to that. We figure that even if things are nowhere near back to normal, we can still have an enjoyable trip with the decorations at WDW.

WDW trip planning is going to be a challenge for the next couple of years, to be sure. Add into this the fact that there will be many more points than available villas, and it is going to be rough. Look for "reservation walking" to become much more commonplace. 😟

Granny what is reservation walking?

That is the practice of booking a trip for days prior to a trip, and then adjusting ("walking") the reservation. Let's say that you want October 15-22...and you find availability at the resort and type of accommodation you want on September 22-29 at the 11 month window. You book the September 22-29 trip. Then each day or so, you add days at the end (before the 11 month window for others) and drop the same number of days from the beginning. You do this every day or so until you end up with October 15-22. Basically, it allows you to book days with an advantage even over other home resort owners since you are adding days that they may not be able to book yet.

Some have reported that this is becoming more prevalent with online booking since you don't have to call MS to modify reservations anymore.

This method is because of the change Disney made several years ago that you can book 11 months from the check-in date as opposed to 11 months from the check-out date. The old system beater was the day-by-day strategy of booking. The "walking" is simply the new system beating technique.

That is the practice of booking a trip for days prior to a trip, and then adjusting ("walking") the reservation. Let's say that you want October 15-22...and you find availability at the resort and type of accommodation you want on September 22-29 at the 11 month window. You book the September 22-29 trip. Then each day or so, you add days at the end (before the 11 month window for others) and drop the same number of days from the beginning. You do this every day or so until you end up with October 15-22. Basically, it allows you to book days with an advantage even over other home resort owners since you are adding days that they may not be able to book yet.

Some have reported that this is becoming more prevalent with online booking since you don't have to call MS to modify reservations anymore.

This method is because of the change Disney made several years ago that you can book 11 months from the check-in date as opposed to 11 months from the check-out date. The old system beater was the day-by-day strategy of booking. The "walking" is simply the new system beating technique.
Oh that makes sense! Thank you.

We are like so many here, talking about WDW and trying to figure plans out. I think we will wait it out and see what happens over time, and do some vacationing elsewhere for awhile, maybe thinking we will better suited to go to the places less traveled, staying in Air BnBs and such. There are lots of places we want to go and others we want to re-visit that are less popular, so WDW will take a backseat for some time until the rules are relaxed a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter